Discovery Gaming Community
Fix CDs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Fix CDs (/showthread.php?tid=117750)

Pages: 1 2

Fix CDs - Lythrilux - 07-11-2014

Why are they so shit all of a sudden
/rage

RE: Fix CDs - nOmnomnOm - 07-11-2014

#learn2CD

RE: Fix CDs - Luke. - 07-11-2014

CD arc's do indeed seem to be very temperamental.

RE: Fix CDs - Fluffyball - 07-11-2014

I have other problem: some players use mines to disable TL, what is so annoying (I'm not pursuing the player). To my suprise I found TL mine disable legal, but... isn't that illegal in spirit of RP for them? I mean, is it illegal inside house space?

RE: Fix CDs - nOmnomnOm - 07-11-2014

(07-11-2014, 05:49 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: I have other problem: some players use mines to disable TL, what is so annoying (I'm not pursuing the player). To my suprise I found TL mine disable legal, but... isn't that illegal in spirit of RP for them? I mean, is it illegal inside house space?

Its a way to escape....
learn2killlanes

RE: Fix CDs - Fifty. - 07-11-2014

(07-11-2014, 05:49 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: I have other problem: some players use mines to disable TL, what is so annoying (I'm not pursuing the player). To my suprise I found TL mine disable legal, but... isn't that illegal in spirit of RP for them? I mean, is it illegal inside house space?

Make a police char and fine them for disabling lanes.
Profit.

RE: Fix CDs - Fluffyball - 07-11-2014

(07-11-2014, 06:05 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote:

Its a way to escape....
learn2killlanes

As I wrote, I WASN'T pursuit them. They just distrupted my patrol as KTA (RP-wise, KTA is controlling their Kyushu-Eire trade route frequently). As a sidenote, he replied "I can mine whatever I want." Isn't that distruption of commerce, thus act of terrorism, inRP?
(07-11-2014, 06:06 PM)Fifty. Wrote:

Make a police char and fine them for disabling lanes.
Profit.

[Image: like.gif]

RE: Fix CDs - Highland Laddie - 07-11-2014

Police & Military should be RP legal to disable a lane to prevent an unlawful's escape. Not exactly the same as "disrupting commerce" like a pirate or corporate ship deliberately dropping a lane.

RE: Fix CDs - Ponge - 07-11-2014

Killing a lane is against the laws in all houses (disruption of commerce or something).

RE: Fix CDs - Karst - 07-16-2014

(07-11-2014, 08:10 PM)Ponge Wrote: Killing a lane is against the laws in all houses (disruption of commerce or something).

Is it really, though?

Liberty Laws Wrote:II. Piracy.

This is described as:

The disruption of a trade lane ring with intent to conduct acts of piracy.

Bretonian Law Wrote:4.10 - Disrupting the Smooth Flow of Trade
A smooth running Trade Lane system is essential to the Bretonian economy, so anyone found disrupting Trade Lanes in Bretonian space will face a minimum fine of 1,000,000 credits, if not found to be engaged in piracy. Should the offender be engaged in piracy, they will be treated as an enemy combatant and the authorities will respond accordingly.

Rheinland Laws Wrote:ยง2.3.1. Piracy is described as performing or attempting to perform actions such as the disruption of trade lane rings, and/or an extortion for sums of money, equipment, cargo or personnel in exchange for the immediate or future safety of the target of the said actions.

Gallic Laws Wrote:Disrupting Gallic corporate, military, police, civilian and legal Sirian actions with the intent to terrorize, profit or harm said groups is illegal.

Kusari laws make no specific mention for trade lane disruptions.
So to summarize:

Liberty: only illegal if there is "intent to conduct acts of piracy"
Bretonia: Illegal
Rheinland: Illegal
Kusari: Apparently legal
Gallia: only illegal if there is intent to "terrorize, profit or harm said groups"