Discovery Gaming Community
FLHook Improvements & Features - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: FLHook Improvements & Features (/showthread.php?tid=117808)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

FLHook Improvements & Features - Alley - 07-13-2014

TODO - Last Updated 13/10/2014

FLHOOK

- Add #t support to givecash
- Add #t support to allowdock
- Add option to restrict jumpship from loading JD if listed under the ship restrictions.
- Rewrite techcompat exemptions to fit the new system discussed in aerelm’s deep dark skypechat

PROGS

- Ale editor

RE: FLHook Improvements & Features - Alley - 07-13-2014

Just finished fixing Autobuy. Didn't take as long as I suspected.

I accidently created a bunch of interesting bugs along the way (that I fixed), the two most interesting ones being :

- American Market: Loading ammo costs you 6 times more what it would take to do it yourself.
- Magic Launcher: For this one, I somehow got given -100 rockets (you read right) and I was allowed to undock. When I fired, it granted me an additional -1 rocket for free... well okay.

RE: FLHook Improvements & Features - Marabu - 07-13-2014

From the name of thread, is this meant so that people can also suggest inprovements for FLHook plugin expansions that could eventually work? Does Neo Terra use modified discovery's FLHook plugins, and if you work on them, will they be implemented in both Neo Terra and discovery?

This thread is essentially to report already existing bugs in the FLHook plugins so I can fix them, suggestions are also welcomed too but don't ask massively complicated things yet, I'm just getting started with FLHook.

Also yes, most of these features will be in both Disco and Neo Terra.
There are some that will not be available between the mods as the dev teams have different views on some features.

RE: FLHook Improvements & Features - Ponge - 07-13-2014

It's just an idea, and I don't know anything about what are the possibilities with FLHook, but would it be possible to create a system that allows to set what class of ships can dock on a specific NPC base? For example, snubs, freighters, transports and gunships/gunboats can dock, other caps cannot. Or only snubs can.

(07-13-2014, 07:47 PM)Ponge Wrote: It's just an idea, and I don't know anything about what are the possibilities with FLHook, but would it be possible to create a system that allows to set what class of ships can dock on a specific NPC base? For example, snubs, freighters, transports and gunships/gunboats can dock, other caps cannot. Or only snubs can.

This is already possible, it's all about whether the development team wants to implement this or not. You'll have to suggest it to the devs!

RE: FLHook Improvements & Features - Alley - 07-14-2014

Next on the list : TLAGSNET fixes & improvements.

The current code causes "off" to be the default setting if you make a typo while trying to change modes, instead like every mistake it should throw an error to the user.

Some people also have issues writing /showscan$ due to the placement of the dollar sign on their keyboard configuration, so an alternative name for the command will be added (most likely /scanid or /showscanid)

RE: FLHook Improvements & Features - Trogdor - 07-14-2014

I'll take -1 Magic Launcher please

RE: FLHook Improvements & Features - Echo 7-7 - 07-14-2014

(07-13-2014, 07:55 PM)Alley Wrote:
(07-13-2014, 07:47 PM)Ponge Wrote: It's just an idea, and I don't know anything about what are the possibilities with FLHook, but would it be possible to create a system that allows to set what class of ships can dock on a specific NPC base? For example, snubs, freighters, transports and gunships/gunboats can dock, other caps cannot. Or only snubs can.

This is already possible, it's all about whether the development team wants to implement this or not. You'll have to suggest it to the devs!

It's a very big "maybe". I don't know if NT systems are designed with this in mind, but Discovery certainly isn't, so there would be a lot of work involved with rebalancing base size and placement. (For example, if the smaller bases in the Omicrons suddenly stopped accepting 5ks or capital ships, that would cause a huge amount of gameplay hassle.)

RE: FLHook Improvements & Features - Lythrilux - 07-14-2014

Is there any chance we could get a plugin for PoBs that would let us deny certain ship types from docking?