Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Core Guildmaster - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Core Guildmaster (/showthread.php?tid=117871)

To: The Core Guildmaster - Narcotic - 07-14-2014

[Image: b7uJ3PV.png]
Subject: Business proposal
Position: Omicron Delta
Receiver: The Core Guildmaster

Greetings,

I am Lee del Sol Verde, captain of The Narcotic. I have heard, you already made the displeasure with my ship AI, Shodan. I guess I will have to apologize for her humiliating behaviour. She may be arrogant, but also brilliant. Anyhow, I suppose she mentioned my wish to talk to you in a more private environment.

I am interested in a business proposal with the Core. You may ask why I am to be trusted? I cannot tell you. What counts is, that we share common enemies, such as the Corsairs, Order and infected AIs - called The Sentinels. Aswell as common interests; Survival in the Omicrons is no walk in the park. Especially when you are on your own - like we are. And friends are as rare as safe shelters.

My plan is to create a powerful weapon which would ensure us a dominant position in the Omicrons. Furthermore, I know a solution to get rid of the rogue AI plague. All I require is an active alien power source. Optionally in addition with superior armament. In return, I can not just provide you financial and combative support, but also a chance to rise up in Omicron's ladder of natural selection, by creating an alien hybrid weapon together with a defeat of our enemies.

I hope my offer intrigues you. It is bound with low risks at a high benefit for both sides. No matter what. Alternatively, I will have to find someone else to have my business with. Consider it wisely.

With regards,

[Image: IJ1HE5v.png]
[Image: fS1wIZY.png]

RE: To: The Core Guildmaster - Lythrilux - 07-14-2014

:::[Incoming Transmission]:::

[Image: ZIgBGaz.png]
Identification: Erik Nodtviet
Encryption: High
Subject: Business

Greetings, Lee del Sol Verde.

Yes, I did become acquainted with your ships AI. It had the guts to come within the Dabadoru perimeter. As we stated multiple times, we had itchy trigger fingers. But I'm glad we're now able to speak, finally. Captain to Captain, rather than us having to come to agreements with an Artificial Intelligence.

Moving on. Yes, we're short of allies within the Omicrons, however that comes with the job. We're not often out there to make friends, cleaning house is our primary objective. However that does not mean we will shun any proposals from another without consideration. Especially since we both have common enemies.

A powerful weapon you say? That is most intriguing. A more efficient way to destroy our enemies is always welcome. And with the possibility to wipe out an entire sub-race of the machines, I feel quite hooked on what you are offering. Especially at the chance of us being able to harness the power of your weapon.

Though, you claim your proposal is realistic. How can you be so sure? What you talk about is the stuff of dreams, nightmares of others.

I'm sure we can find a power source to power your weapon, however first I'd like some more explanation on your 'powerful weapon'.

I await your response.

-E. Nodtviet
Guildmaster, The Core

:::[Ending Transmission]:::

RE: To: The Core Guildmaster - Narcotic - 07-14-2014

[Image: U6t2hgK.png]

Erik,

I am pleased to finally talk to you face to face. Where should I start... you understand, that the information I am about to share, is highly confidential. So you may consider it as an early credit of trust from my side.

The weapon I am talking about, is the very same entity that is responsible for them rogue AIs - The Sentinels. It is an ancient Code, which was once created to infest any energy-based source - which can be almost anything. Your stations, your ships - anything that is powered by pure energy. The Code is highly attracted by energy. This may sound terrifying and impossible - but we have experienced what it did with those AIs. Even their original creator - the Consensus is helpless against the 'obsessed AIs'.

Fortunately, the Code is currently isolated. I do know where, and how to get access to it. Shodan has figured out a way to manipulate it with a high degree of probability, using its power for oneself's use. The idea is simple; take the most powerful energy source one can find in Sirius - a Nomad Power Cell - and expose it to the Code. This will lead to two probable results. Either, the extent of the overload will simply destroy it, together with The Sentinels. Or the overstress will tame the code, rendering it controllable and therefore useable for superior energy based weapons, bombs, shields, cloaks, jumpdrives or whatever one can imagine.

It is a win-win situation, you see? There is rumors of whole systems jumping across half Sirius with the power of Nomad Cells. Yet, we have never found a way to use its immense power. My AI Shodan, has the means and knowledge to execute this experiment - you said you would have an active Nomad Power Cell. What do you say, Erik?

With regards,

Lee del Sol Verde,

Your explanation is plausible, The Core would like to get involved. Such power would greatly bolster our fleets, you would be considered an ally to our cause.

I recall one of my squads picking up a power cell, or something like a power cell, when out on a patrol. We can arrange a time and a place to carry out this exchange. Afterwards, we'll keep in contact to check up on your progress.

So, when shall we meet?

-E. Nodtviet
Guildmaster, The Core

Erik,

that is great to hear. I am glad making business with a man who understands the meaning of true power and how to achieve it. You will not regret.

We can complete the transfer any time that suits you best. The Narcotic is currently moored at Freeport Eleven. The experiment will require some preparations first, before we can get to the interesting part. We will have to wait for the perfect time for the exposure to minimize the risks of failure. Once the day arrives, I will let you know immediately and keep you up-to-date.

With regards,

Lee del Sol Verde.

On second thoughts, how do I know that I am not being played here? It's a lot to ask of me, but I would like something in exchange for the power cell. Distant promises are worthless if they are not fulfilled, and I cannot simply predict a future where we both come out on top of our agreement.

Therefore, Lee, what can you offer us during the exchange of the power cell? It doesn't have to be anything major, just a trust offering.

-E. Nodtviet
Guildmaster, The Core

I knew the deal is going to have a catch. I suppose your need for a 'trust offering' cannot be satisifed with material things such as credits or objects. You say 'nothing major' but in truth you expect the opposite. Considering, that you didn't value the information I gave you first hand.

We will need The Narcotic and AI for the actual experiment. I will not be needed. You can take me as your guest or keep company with me on the local Freeport as sign of trust. However, as I have told you - I cannot predict the experiment's results. Whatever will happen, you will have to promise that you will not mean any harm, nor will you keep me as your prisoner. None of us will have a higher or lesser gain, no matter the outcome. So either way, we will "both come out on top of our agreement".

Do not try to exploit my trust.

With regards,

Lee del Sol Verde.

Very well then. You can remain our guest, and you have our promise that you will not come to any harm whilst you are our guest.

I will inform you once I am able to transfer the power cell to you.

-E. Nodtviet
Guildmaster, The Core