Discovery Gaming Community
Racing Courses and racing Ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Racing Courses and racing Ships (/showthread.php?tid=117878)

Racing Courses and racing Ships - Vredes - 07-14-2014

I used to have a lot of fun back when there were still races around. But now it is boring as hell. So why not?

Add a couple of additional racing tracks throughout Sirius. And each and everyone of them will have an unique track. For an example:

The Dublin track will have rapid weapon platforms throughout the course. Don't cut engines and don't forget to dodge . The course should be extended to the top of the system, not going through the mining zones, and it will have its hostile weapons platforms set at the further tracks so that they wont harm ships at the start and passing by ships. OR the weapons platforms could be a part of a player base and will be set to hostile only to the racers who sign in the race.
Owned by the IMG

Make a track in Omicron Theta or Sigma 19. This one will have its rings surrounded by thin but concentrated mine field, and if someone gets off track.... well this is the Edge worlds, no one said it is safe. You might survive, but you might as well not.
Owned by the GMG/OS&C if in Sigma 19 and by the Zoners if in Theta

A track in Tau 37 in which some rings will be in fact big asteroids like the ones found in the system itself. Maybe have some asteroids inside the course itself so the racers will have to go around them, but still stay on track. Or maybe a combination between fewer mines and fewer weapons platforms that the other two tracks.
Owned by the IMG/Zoners

This could give more life to disco, help some factions economy like the race organizers aka the race track's owners.
The racing tracks will be available to pirates and terrorists that will be tolerated unless they act hostile. Or maybe not, that is just an idea.

Not certain if this second one is a good idea but here goes nothing.
A new type of a ship could be introduced, moving with up to 500, or even faster, cruise speed, smaller(or bigger) than normal light fighters.With the ID restriction to racing only to prevent abuses like lightning scout missions. Without CMs to make them useless in any situations other than racing. One forward firing gun, because it is annoying to fly a ship like the whale that has nothing even to shoot rocks with, no CDs and Mines. Lower hp than normal LFs and not enough cargo for an AU max 10 units(enough for some RP cargo (Cardamine, Vodka, Whiskey etc). Racing would be funnier and racers will have less time to react to the course's change. LF shields ofc.

So discuss...

RE: Racing Courses and racing Ships - Highland Laddie - 07-14-2014

I like how the Dublin track is singular and unique. Too many tracks spreads out the activity. I say keep it how it is.

As for racing ships....that could be a fun avenue to explore that might generate more interest in racing.

RE: Racing Courses and racing Ships - Narcotic - 07-14-2014

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=93833

Also, just a few days ago, I was forced to escape to Tottori with a wild ship, and found pleasure in having a few laps on that awesome track there. Such a bummer that it's just that isolated.

RE: Racing Courses and racing Ships - Vredes - 07-14-2014

(07-14-2014, 05:43 PM)Narcotic Wrote: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=93833

Also, just a few days ago, I was forced to escape to Tottori with a wild ship, and found pleasure in having a few laps on that awesome track there. Such a bummer that it's just that isolated.

Okay I kind of missed that, but make the racing tracks more unique dangerous and etc. I am still positive about my idea of the racing tracks, the racing ships were secondary in this thread.

P.S. Will vote yes right away...

RE: Racing Courses and racing Ships - Vredes - 07-14-2014

(07-14-2014, 05:14 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: I like how the Dublin track is singular and unique. Too many tracks spreads out the activity. I say keep it how it is.

As for racing ships....that could be a fun avenue to explore that might generate more interest in racing.

How many tracks are there in disco? Tutori, Connecticut and Dublin?

RE: Racing Courses and racing Ships - Nerva - 07-14-2014

There is something like a track in Illinois (around the Attica Supermax) but that one is quite hazardous.

I remember altering the stats of one of the fighters to have impulse speed of 1000m/s and higher mass to make turning difficult. Flying through the Tottori track was quite challenging. Braking for turns and drifting was required in order not to get out of the track.
Note that I altered the impulse speed because it's possible to control it in contrast to cruise speed which is fixed. Modifying the cruise speed was way more boring as there is no control over the speed.