Discovery Gaming Community
L-Train or A-Train? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: L-Train or A-Train? (/showthread.php?tid=118048)

Pages: 1 2

L-Train or A-Train? - Shizune - 07-18-2014

So I was thinking today about trading in my Interspace ship for a bigger cargo space civilian trade ship. However I saw the price range for both the Large Train and the Advanced Train was rather different however that was only for 500 -/+ cargo.

I guess the question is, should I go for the Large Train or the Advanced Train?

RE: L-Train or A-Train? - sindroms - 07-18-2014

I found that the difference between profit only matters if you transport ore. So yeah, pretty much- you be the judge whether or not an extra mil and a half per trip is worth the extra 40% uppricing.

Tho remember to check your ID cargo limit before you swap transports.

RE: L-Train or A-Train? - Remnant - 07-18-2014

Mastodon best liberty supertransport. (And the only one)
Mastodon all the way.

I'd suggest the Advanced Train, i've always liked the Stork as an alternative. I'd personally say it's worth it. However that's merely by slightly biased opinion since 5k vessels are all I ever have used in quite a long time for trading.

RE: L-Train or A-Train? - Singularity - 07-19-2014

The gap in price is a bit high. Although, as said by sindroms, the extra 500 units would be identifiable in case of a ore run. But still it would be a difference of ~ 5 millions, a ore-run.

So, it depends upon your choice, if you are okay to bridge the gap with the extra cash you get everytime.

RE: L-Train or A-Train? - n00bl3t - 07-19-2014

Get the Advanced Train. You'll make back the credits you spend on it.

RE: L-Train or A-Train? - dirmaster0 - 07-19-2014

Stork is the Superior Transport, you know this man Big Grin
Also I agree with the post above, the initial investment can be paid off rather quickly with the right trade route.

RE: L-Train or A-Train? - farmerman - 07-19-2014

Go for a fancy house train I say.

RE: L-Train or A-Train? - n00bl3t - 07-19-2014

(07-19-2014, 06:03 PM)Ktayn Wrote: Go for a fancy house train I say.

Not this. Anything but this. Avoid this like the plague unless you collect 5k transports.

The developers seem to have shoehorned people into buying "house" transports that sell for cheaper and have better maneuverability stats, so that it's harder to change your affiliation at the end of the day. (One cannot fly a Mastodon Liberty 5k with Republican Shipping ID for instance.)

Advanced Train on the other hand? Grab some bribes, change your ID, welcome to a new you.

Either that or it's sheer coincidence that an Advanced Train has all these negative factors against it's purchase.

RE: L-Train or A-Train? - farmerman - 07-20-2014

(07-19-2014, 06:28 PM)n00bl3t Wrote: Either that or it's sheer coincidence that an Advanced Train has all these negative factors against it's purchase.

Doesn't it also have the cargo pod advantage though?

RE: L-Train or A-Train? - tothebonezone - 07-20-2014

Large train.

Paying twice as much for a whole extra segment of cargo pods and a slight-moderate cargo increase isn't worth it.

If you have nothing better to do with your life, Adv. train.