Discovery Gaming Community
Remove "inactivity"? Change Disco? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Remove "inactivity"? Change Disco? (/showthread.php?tid=118174)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Remove "inactivity"? Change Disco? - Vredes - 07-22-2014

(07-22-2014, 04:23 PM)Curios Wrote: Ok, here is simple solution in 2 simple steps, no sms or registration!

1. roll back to 4.85 update 2
2. wipe player accounts

BUY NOW

Doesn't matter how stupid this sounds... I am in with one big YES.

RE: Remove "inactivity"? Change Disco? - sirlagsalot - 07-22-2014

Suddenly felt like adding a bit of insanity here.

Remove Conn as a whole, or at least revert it to the .85 state where people had to crawl miles and miles to get there. Crawling miles actually encourages RP, via making people RP while crawling.

Return larger capitals (anything larger than cruiser) to their .85 or pre-.85 state, where pvp-wise they were utter trash, being useful only for RP. So we can all sit and enjoy Rheinland and Liberty capital fleets RP-ing. Again.

Remove capacity for mining fields, making them unlimited like they were back in "woah, brawl in Dublin again" times. Because BRAWIL IN DUBLIN, AGAIN!

Make starting system for newbies random of capitals of all the houses, contrary to "your starflea starts in Penny". Or at least rotate it among the capitals on daily/weekly basis. Astrologers proclaim week of New Berlin. Strudel population shrinks.

Return to "you want faction weapon you RP to get it" permissions system. Because we can't.

Especially now, when only the projectile colours differ one gun from another. Make the guns more shiny. People love shiny things.

Maybe remove /givecash thingy. Because we can.

Maybe unban all the banned, or make "no bans weekend", where everyone can have access to the server. Just for the fun of it. Because if You keep up with "playing here is privilege" line, You will be the only ones playing. As in, fiddling with your privileges.

RE: Remove "inactivity"? Change Disco? - Narcotic - 07-22-2014

The next time I see someone using the word "conn" and "remove" in one sentence, his post gets removed. No, if he's just using the word "connecticut" in any context, it'll get removed. There's nothing more to discuss in that matter and will just make you look stupid.

RE: Remove "inactivity"? Change Disco? - Highland Laddie - 07-22-2014

Quote:Remove capacity for mining fields, making them unlimited like they were back in "woah, brawl in Dublin again" times. Because BRAWIL IN DUBLIN, AGAIN!

Unless I'm wrong, the draining function of mine fields has already been removed.

Also..why don't you stop barge jumping, Sirlagsalot?

Quote:Maybe unban all the banned, or make "no bans weekend", where everyone can have access to the server. Just for the fun of it. Because if You keep up with "playing here is privilege" line, You will be the only ones playing. As in, fiddling with your privileges.

People that get themselves banned are generally not the sort the server needs to have a good community. As I said before....I'd rather have a smaller community of players who aren't jerks than a HUGE one full of them.

RE: Remove "inactivity"? Change Disco? - Vladimir - 07-22-2014

Right, Sirlagsalot, why don't you stop? Why?

By the way, removing conn will fix approximately 20% of disco problems.

RE: Remove "inactivity"? Change Disco? - sirlagsalot - 07-22-2014

>Unless I'm wrong, the draining function of mine fields has already been removed.

Then re-remove it? Do something about the mining and miners. Doing something about it is always fun.

>Also..why don't you stop barge jumping, Sirlagsalot?

Because i can/can't. Oh, also because the jumps look shiny.

>People that get themselves banned are generally not the sort the server needs to have a good community. As I said before....I'd rather have a smaller community of players who aren't jerks than a HUGE one full of them.

At the moment your "huge welcoming community" consists of ~40-60 online members. Substract generic -=XxXL33TXxX=- and alikes from that number. See your own methods working against yourself.
Community itself has more than enough methods to filter out the "wrong" members anyway. And currently it is at the state where it should consider means to increase the population, not decrease it even more.

>By the way, removing <WE CAN'T USE THAT WORD> will fix approximately 20% of disco problems.

You, starting to fly again and doing things in-game, will fix approximately 1 / ( 225 - (40~60) ) * 100% of its problems.

RE: Remove "inactivity"? Change Disco? - Vredes - 07-22-2014

(07-22-2014, 05:08 PM)sirlagsalot Wrote: >Also..why don't you stop barge jumping, Sirlagsalot?

Because i can/can't. Oh, also because the jumps look shiny.

>People that get themselves banned are generally not the sort the server needs to have a good community. As I said before....I'd rather have a smaller community of players who aren't jerks than a HUGE one full of them.

Please remove yourself...

RE: Remove "inactivity"? Change Disco? - Vladimir - 07-22-2014

>>People that get themselves banned are generally not the sort the server needs to have a good community. As I said before....I'd rather have a smaller community of players who aren't jerks than a HUGE one full of them.

>Please remove yourself...

t. Vredes
Banned

RE: Remove "inactivity"? Change Disco? - Dawnrazor - 07-22-2014

I like 4.87.
I can see why Conniticut is there. People can pew pew away at each other and not get hit with the 2 hour system ban.
As long as they keep practising, I can keep trading.
And anyway, if Conneticutt wasn't there, they would all be outside P Manhatten and hitting F1 on imminent hull breach.
I'm off to explore this mythical hated sector of space that is Gallia.
Un, deus, trois, engagemont le jumpez gateu!

RE: Remove "inactivity"? Change Disco? - Binski - 07-23-2014

I'm always against shrinking anything, and firmly believe that the reason why the game doesn't have larger population is that it is actually still 'small' compared to other space based mmorpg's out there. Not saying it isn't huge, but most systems make exploration possible again instead of simply sticking to the same areas because you know where the activity has no choice but to concentrate.

Gallia needs to be opened up. The plot needs to turn on gallia fast, collapse their government, come up with some cool sub factions to spawn from it and break up the current systems into new areas. some should be deliberately left uncontrolled to allow for player settlement and inrp claims to be made. This way, if ya can't add more systems, get more use of the ones you have. Most of those systems are barely traversed because Gallia is hostile to almost everyone by default.