Discovery Gaming Community
The Black Cherry || Blackport 66 's Night Club and Bar - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: The Black Cherry || Blackport 66 's Night Club and Bar (/showthread.php?tid=118184)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: The Black Cherry || Blackport 66 's Night Club and Bar - Devastator - 12-01-2015

Hyun smiles a little as the man puff his joint. "Well I'm not much help yet but I will be soon enough. I'm a quick study." He said barely audible over the pounding beat. "I haven't met a group of people quite like this one. I find it very interesting." He stated as he called for a fourth shot. He turned half way in his chair and his face followed half way serious. "I was wondering If you had a research division I could join? I know I'm still kind of young but I've tinkered a lot." He spoke this time clearly with an almost overly mature (at least for his age) tone of voice. his back was straight and Sunny could tell he was doing everything to abstain from the traditions of his culture.

RE: The Black Cherry || Blackport 66 's Night Club and Bar - nOmnomnOm - 12-02-2015

"I guess you can call it a research division..." Sunny puffs a little more, watching him as he slides the glass back towards the bartender for another refill. He takes another puff and he finishes the joint, hitting the rest against the table. "... So you're sayin'... you know more ways around a wrench than just using it as a club, eh?" He shrugs, wondering how much this kid knew. "How well do you treat your ride then... ?"
He'd notice him trying to look more mature than his age and give an impression. Though, as lay-back as he felt, he still wondered how good of a word this kid is.

RE: The Black Cherry || Blackport 66 's Night Club and Bar - Devastator - 12-02-2015

"Well that would depend entirely on the ride and I wont say I'm a genius" He pauses for a second to down the shot and then resumes trying to fill the shoes he desperately wants to wear. "I've done quite a bit of work though I do a general tune up each time I take her out but I dont necesarily clean every engine. Some engines need the buildup to function better. But I've done some hull work and engine work, dabbled a little in gunnery and just a hair of electronics but I am becoming better by the day and more knowledgeable. Ive got some ideas floating around in my head I would like to test. I was hoping you would give me the chance to do that." His eyes and body seemed to grow serious as he continued it may not have been matureity but Sunny could tell he was serious about it.

RE: The Black Cherry || Blackport 66 's Night Club and Bar - nOmnomnOm - 12-03-2015

Sunny listened while another shot was passed to him and he took another swing. He felt good and alert. The weed kept him on his toes and the vodka was just starting to kick him. He looked back at the kid, thinking to himself.
"Mm... impress me... and I'll see what can be arranged..." He thinks for a moment. "I suppose you can stick with another engineer as well to learn from. Will do you good. Christo... The Coronado Chapter Offical... he's working on a project. Might see if he'd like some assistance...." He slides the glass back for another shot..... "Besides... both of you got some energy to burn.... &^%$ it..." He shrugs and downs another shot of vodka, content with his decision and feeling quite high and relaxed.

RE: The Black Cherry || Blackport 66 's Night Club and Bar - Devastator - 12-03-2015

Hyun almost jumps out of his chair before remembering who he was trying to be. For getting where he was He bows a little and says "Adigato godsimas." And with that he bounds off toward his hangar bay.

RE: The Black Cherry || Blackport 66 's Night Club and Bar - nOmnomnOm - 02-10-2016

Sunny walks into the bar eager for a drink after a long run alone out in space on his arrow. He'd been up already for about 24 hours, riding on some weed and a small dose of nox to keep up and active. Thinks seem more slow paced as he walked in, feeling quite high as a kite and relaxed. The music playing in the bar is chill-toned and fits his mood perfectly.
He looks around as he walks to the bar, noticing some people off to the side that he recognizes and passing one or two 'entertainers' that he 'taps' cheekily. He walks with a little grin to the bar and gets up on a stool to lean over the counter. He notices on his right some guys move a bit back as they notice the president just came in and it wouldn't be a good idea to tick him off just now, especially after a long all-night run.

Something smooth but sweet tingles his lips and Sunny orders a whiskey on the rocks with some honey to start out. He'd probably want some vodka shots after to loosen up a bit more, but for now he was alright. He leans on the bar table more, putting his arms up to rest and looks around.

"Anyone new commin' in that I should know about?" Sunny asks the bartender.
"No, sir. Just some corsair guys commin' in before which was new, but I am sure you know 'bout that..." he slides Sunny a glass with ice over the counter. "The usual? Tell me when to stop."
Sunny waits for the glass to fill right over the ice and nods it's good for now. He takes the glass and sips.

RE: The Black Cherry || Blackport 66 's Night Club and Bar - Unlucky_Soul - 02-11-2016

Sid Goldstein walks into the bar with a careful stride. He heard stories of the Archangels Fighters Club members. Their reputation preceded them. Now he was inside the lion's den but he was desperate. He had been fired from Baltimore Shipyard 3 months ago and his savings were running out.

He walked up to the barkeep and with his hands motioned the barkeep towards him.

RE: The Black Cherry || Blackport 66 's Night Club and Bar - nOmnomnOm - 02-11-2016

The bartender walks over to the new face, drying another glass with a towel and smoking a joint at the side of his lip. He smirks a little a the man. "What can I get for you? You seem a bit down." He says, noticing his body language.

RE: The Black Cherry || Blackport 66 's Night Club and Bar - Unlucky_Soul - 02-12-2016

Sid Goldstein was trembling inside but dared not show it. "I am pretty handy around machinery. Any problems you name it i can fix it. If you need hands for that kind of work, I'm your man."

He eyed the shelf briefly. He was dying for a drink but given his current financial status, he decided mentally he wasn't going to spend it.

He returned his gaze back to the barkeep.

"So you know anybody who needs those kind of hands ?"

RE: The Black Cherry || Blackport 66 's Night Club and Bar - nOmnomnOm - 02-12-2016

"Hah... well bud the only machinery around here close enough to what you are looking for is the blender..." He smirks a little, amused by his little joke. "Although... if you mean you are looking for some work... one moment..." He walks off and then returns moments later with a few flyers.

"We're always lookin' for someone who can work space machinery" , he says as he shows him some help wanted posters. "You're lookin' for something in particular... something in mind? Or you're just a handy man in general? Eh?" He says and puts the glass down and moves his weed cigar from his lips with two fingers to blow off a bit before putting it back in. The cloud moves up in the air and disappears.

"You know... Blackport's not well know around here, be we got some quality hangars. There is a reason the top and bottom of the base spins while the center is stationary. Helps keep the no gravity atmosphere so that work is much more easier. Imagine lifting a heavy engine with your hands to mount it on a ship in a gravity environment, eh?" He chuckles.

"Yeah... so you are lookin' for work then, I take it... What's your story then? Got a resume?"