Discovery Gaming Community
Catamaran - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Catamaran (/showthread.php?tid=11830)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Catamaran - Markam - 09-05-2008

I know, this sounds like a moan, I know, im biased.

But good god, the catamaran bomber is completely and utterly overpowered, anyone whos done a fight against one, would surely agree, its around the size of a LF (atleast the hitbox) it turns quite fast too, hard to track one in a VHF.

And all the while you might think, hey! its tiny right? must have crap for power compared to a large bomber, for instance its rival the challenger (which is a big brick in comparison, though i love it nevertheless), But no, its quite easily capable of firing a razor and then a SN right after (which is usualy a I-Win button in a joust). granted im not exactly an amazing pilot, still learning and such.

So whats the deal? even a LF, and not a rookie like me, got beaten (granted he was near the defiler NPC's).

in addition for the hell of it, why's the kusari/rhineland BS got 18 turrets and the Bretonian BS 14? according to someone with experience, it makes a Kusari V bretonian BS completely one sided, baring any miracles.

il leave out the whole brick destroyer versus gunboat-like destroyer.

I know its fairly close to the big update, but I'd be quite sad if this big and old unbalance wasnt atleast looked at.

Not intending to bitch, sorry.

Catamaran - Monk - 09-05-2008

Yep...I think most people are pretty aware of it...including Igiss and devs...I would guess it is going to be fixed in the next version.

Catamaran - Manni - 09-05-2008

Oh yea...itzs really tiny and powerful, gives most of us headaches....
I hope it's getting changed.

Oh and Monk? i like your avvy :laugh:

Catamaran - Dab - 09-05-2008

Yes its overpowered, yes we know, and yes its going to be fixed.. Search button is your friend. All I can suggest.. Nuke mines are your friend. 3 of them and the bomber is down to just his SN launcher and thruster. That being said, they aren't IMPOSSIBLE to destroy. Certainly easier than an Eagle/Chimaera/BD to kill. Problem is only for heavy and slow ships.. But due to Kusari's ship design (lightly armed, but fast ships for VHFs/Bombers/Capships), taking slow ships into Kusari isn't smart to due even if the bomber was balanced..

Catamaran - Markam - 09-05-2008

Sorry, i was a little annoyed as i posted this, but is the whole SN and Razor right after eachother intended? it pretty much makes the bomber far superior to a VHF 1v1, which you'd think completely upside-down, and the BS balance? not so sure about that also.

Catamaran - Tenacity - 09-05-2008

I disagree, we need to get rid of LF's and VHF's and make all bombers as small and manuverable as the redcat.

World of Bomberwhorecraft... oh wait, wrong game >.>

Catamaran - mjolnir - 09-05-2008

It was me that 1-2ed all 3 of you...

that said I considered the fight fair cause it was 1vs3 (1 LF, 2VHFs)

About the catamaran:

Yes it's overpowered right now.. I will sum the changes that among others I proposed and that are most likely going to be implemented:

- Turret gets backwards only firing arc
- new hitbox should cover the back end of the ship much better
- whole ship size should be increased some 10% (or at least the width)

Also if you search bomber balancing threads from November-December last year (when 4.84 was in beta stage)... I scream all around that bombers shouldn't be able to fight mini + sn at the same time. Most people said it's not so big problem.

Catamaran - Saigo.Watanabe - 09-05-2008

*sighs* here we go again, we all know about the cat. The subject is almost becoming a spam subject for people to moan about it and tbh why cant we have a good subject for once, where we can cheer and have a party about something good?
i can bring the cake?

Catamaran - Tenacity - 09-05-2008

Cake? We dont need no stinkin cake, bring GC women and lots of cardamine.

Catamaran - Exile - 09-05-2008

Didn't i say it, Richard, Saigo? There's always one.

To be honest, and no, i'm not saying this "Because i want to preserve "my" faction" or anything, but we might as well name the next version Nerflancer, or Balancelancer. Balancing everything, Slowering that which is fast and weakening that which is strong. Kinda ticks me off to be honest, since, if you ask me, some things need to be special.

Yes, i'm aware of the fact that "it makes pvp'ing fairer" or something simmilar. But i don't have to like it.