Discovery Gaming Community
Hyperspatial modules - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Hyperspatial modules (/showthread.php?tid=118314)

Pages: 1 2

Hyperspatial modules - KUBANA - 07-24-2014

Greetings

I dont seem to understand why do I have 4 hyperspatial modules on Resheph and there are 3 hyperspatal modules on some battleships when I clearly am unable to mount cloak, jumpdrive and survey module at once due to cargo capacity.

Why is there so much hyperspatial slots? Am I missing some point?

RE: Hyperspatial modules - Trogdor - 07-24-2014

Extra slots were added for possible future expansion that never happened / hasn't happened yet.

Cloak goes in CM slot, btw.

RE: Hyperspatial modules - KUBANA - 07-24-2014

but uhm is it normal that i cant use survey module jump module and cloak on the same ship?

RE: Hyperspatial modules - Gulryz - 07-24-2014

which ship type? also it depends o Power core and space

RE: Hyperspatial modules - St.Denis - 07-24-2014

You will find a lot of information in this thread that is pertinent to your questions. This thread is about Base Building but has information and links to the 'special' items that POBs make.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=80349

RE: Hyperspatial modules - Oldum - 07-24-2014

(07-24-2014, 12:04 PM)osama gulryz Wrote: which ship type? also it depends o Power core and space

Actually, it doesn't ... cause if you would mount everything on even a battleship ( as a survey module, a jumpdrive, a cloak , and cargo bays, then you don't have any cargo space left to use anything ... actually, you can't even have a fully equipped ship, cause the modules don't fit in Tongue

Just an example : Liberty Carrier
Hold size : 1800
Docking bays : 4x300 4x0 according to Praetor
Survey Module: 400 ( that is the most expensive one ... )
Jump Drive : 900 ( No fleet jumping there )
Cloaking Device: 450
No armor, no weapons counting for now ...

All this stuff would take 2950 1750 cargo space , plus you need space for weapons and fuel for all that ...

Edit: Fixed numbers.

(07-24-2014, 12:01 PM)KUBANA Wrote: but uhm is it normal that i cant use survey module jump module and cloak on the same ship?

As a conclusion of above, yes, it's absolutely normat atm that you can't have a cloaking capable , jumpdrive equiped ship that can actually do surveys for themselves so they could jump back home from wherever they went ... Tongue

RE: Hyperspatial modules - St.Denis - 07-24-2014

(07-24-2014, 12:14 PM)Oldum Wrote: Actually, it doesn't ... cause if you would mount everything on even a battleship ( as a survey module, a jumpdrive, a cloak , and cargo bays, then you don't have any cargo space left to use anything ... actually, you can't even have a fully equipped ship, cause the modules don't fit in Tongue

Just an example : Liberty Carrier
Hold size : 1800
Docking bays : 4x300
Survey Module: 400 ( that is the most expensive one ... )
Jump Drive : 900 ( No fleet jumping there )
Cloaking Device: 450
No armor, no weapons counting for now ...

All this stuff would take 2950 cargo space , plus you need space for weapons and fuel for all that ...

I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time) but I do believe that Docking Modules now take up only 5 Cargo Space each.

(07-24-2014, 12:22 PM)St.Denis Wrote: I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time) but I do believe that Docking Modules now take up only 5 Cargo Space each.

Dunno, I'm at work so I could only look up on the Wiki for info reference.

Edit :

(05-16-2012, 02:18 AM)Daedric Wrote: Here is some information on Docking Modules and the required commodities the factory will need to construct this item:

Docking Module

Cargo Requirements: 300 to 350
Hardpoint Mount: Normal Carrier and Heavy Carrier

Taken from the POB tutorial linked earlier

RE: Hyperspatial modules - Praetor - 07-24-2014

Docking Module's now take up 0 Space.

(07-24-2014, 12:43 PM)Praetor Wrote: Docking Module's now take up 0 Space.

Changed numbers according to thatin my first post, but it still doesn't change anything Tongue