Discovery Gaming Community
The great Guard system cull - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: The great Guard system cull (/showthread.php?tid=118427)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The great Guard system cull - Ryummel - 07-30-2014

[Image: PF8D5mN.gif]

[Image: SkLr34n.gif]

[Image: QsAJfsx.gif]

RE: The great Guard system cull - Thyrzul - 07-30-2014

@Evo
Gallia is as much the core of all Gallic factions as T44 is for CR, yet you would be okay with cutting the first, a whole house, but not the second, a sole system. Double standards?

RE: The great Guard system cull - Highland Laddie - 07-30-2014

(07-30-2014, 07:04 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [align=justify][color=#FFFFFF]@Evo
Gallia is as much the core of all Gallic factions as T44 is for CR, yet you would be okay with cut

Some systems, sure. Not all. But definitely some. The 4 listed are a good start, though.

Also, a "smaller" Gallia would fit more in line with the RP that the reason Gallia is invading Sirius is to gain resources...since they have used up nearly all of theirs. Less systems = less resources.

RE: The great Guard system cull - Thyrzul - 07-30-2014

The matter of Gallia and it's systems are currently being handled by it's dev team in collaboration with Echo. The issue of the high amount of systems in the Kingdom is being dealth with, most of the suggestions popping up about it here and there (read: various parts of the forum, skype) have already been considered.

RE: The great Guard system cull - Evo - 07-30-2014

(07-30-2014, 07:04 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
@Evo
Gallia is as much the core of all Gallic factions as T44 is for CR, yet you would be okay with cutting the first, a whole house, but not the second, a sole system. Double standards?

Gallia has been dead for a long time. Double standards, yes, I'm not ashamed to admit that. The difference is people actually use the Tau's; Gallia doesn't lead anywhere. There's nothing going on in it. Most of the factions there don't even have representation nor activity of any kind. Those that do I see in Sirius rather than Gallia.

"Save for the RP" can only extend so far before becoming pathetic imo.

RE: The great Guard system cull - Echo 7-7 - 07-31-2014

All changes being discussed here are purely technical in their execution. That is, bases (or more accurately, base entries) that change ownership and/or system may not be happening that way inrp - except for dockable capital ships, which is completely plausible.

Note that the OP will continue to be updated to reflect changes to development plans.

RE: The great Guard system cull - Havok - 07-31-2014

I would personally not go as far as to cut gallia as a whole. It has potential, like any faction currently available to play. Everything has its ups and downs, though I would cute Gallia down even more. (Because I think its been cut some already). Make Gallia smaller and easier to traverse, much like the other houses, and try to bind Gallia in and make it easier for players of say the GRN or a Corporation to play in gallia. For gallia to thrive it also needs players. It all depends on each other. If there is no Civilian players in Gallia , there wont be a GRP because it doesnt make sense, and so on.

RE: The great Guard system cull - CzeReptile - 07-31-2014

(07-30-2014, 07:04 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
@Evo

Yup.
Some time ago, T44 and Taus saw much more action in a month, then Gallia since its been implemented. Maek it smaller. Nobody is there anyway. Unlike T44 when it used to be Colonial.

RE: The great Guard system cull - larzac - 08-04-2014

Any details about the evolution of the update? (change that you do after to speak with faction leader, system added to the list, how many station will be remove approximately...)

RE: The great Guard system cull - Widow - 08-04-2014

Oh right. I was meant to post here a while ago.

As PLR: I would like to see Cassini be kept. Whether it be merged with something else or not - I don't really care about that part, as long as the system is kept (With TNF and Foster please!! )

Reason for this is it is where a lot of RP has been based with development and SRPs for PLR: (The unnatural disaster being one, where its main moor point is TNF in Cassini - as Cassini is "safe" because Rogue home system, there are a few more in the making, but that's for people to see later down the track.) and there are plans being made and arranged for Foster inRP as we speak, it would be a shame to see the just shy of 200 posts towards it so far go to waste. Not to mention the selection of other stuff people have been working towards/working on.

While it is somewhat on the back burner at the moment as everyone settles in to class, school, etc etc, one of the mail goals of PLR: has been to protect this system. Removing it from the game will require not only the retcon or complete re-writing of current RP and faction stuff, but it will also cause a lot of pre-planned RP etc to come to a halt.

Basically, please don't kill Cassini. That would make us sad pandas.