Discovery Gaming Community
Uncharted worlds - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: Uncharted worlds (/showthread.php?tid=118475)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Uncharted worlds - Treewyrm - 07-28-2014

As you might know already there is a lot of work going on behind to get rid of old baggage that wasn't really good or interesting. Which is a "good thing"™ to do as we all know for reasons that were named enough times not to repeat them again. But what about discovering something new... After all this mod is called 'discovery' but irony is that despite so many systems there ain't much to 'discover' either. Yet-another-system with same generic background and generic set of bases surprises no one and nothing interesting come out of that.

Would you like to see uncharted worlds? Would not be as many as there were guard systems nor in their place either. Not marked on the map, no navigation map inside either, they'd have no names either. But each designed uniquely with own theme, new environment content (asteroids, nebula, anomalies). Not inhabited (no npcs or bases), a truly no man's land.

RE: Uncharted worlds - Kirill - 07-28-2014

Yes! It will be awesome to have something to explore.

RE: Uncharted worlds - sindroms - 07-28-2014

As long as there are goodies to find, I'd be up for them.

EDIT: As in actual physical goodies.
EDIT2: That I could bring back.
EDIT3: And be smug about.

RE: Uncharted worlds - Sath - 07-28-2014

Well, that would be cool too, and factions near those systems might actually -RP- to explore, chart, and scout for living habitats in those systems.

I feel that this would be another sort/version of Omicron Lost...without a nav map, nothing. Again, the possibilities of using this migh be endless. And....somehow don't make it available in FLC or anywhere (if that is possible). Because I had a lot of fun back in 4.85, searching for systems and getting excited at finding jumpholes to systems I have never ever been before, when I didn't know about FLC, FLStat and even Disco RP 24/7 server. (in Single Player ofcourse)

RE: Uncharted worlds - Praetor - 07-28-2014

Poll?

This would be a fun addition,but also possibly divert players from houses and reduce interaction.

But would definitely be great.

RE: Uncharted worlds - Treewyrm - 07-28-2014

But let's say such systems might be found beyond some unstable jumpholes and no guarantees about being able to come back through the jumphole you have emerged from, let alone if any way out (jd comes handy). No guarantees they may exist after updates. Like a deck of cards it would shuffle for each update re-arranging for those unstable jumpholes.

RE: Uncharted worlds - Vredes - 07-28-2014

Yesss!! Also put more Gallic like stations in Sirius. But YESSSSSS!!!!

RE: Uncharted worlds - sindroms - 07-28-2014

That would give JDs practical use.
But again, there should be reason for a player to go there, apart from the eye candy.

RE: Uncharted worlds - Treewyrm - 07-28-2014

(07-28-2014, 02:49 PM)sindroms Wrote: That would give JDs practical use.
But again, there should be reason for a player to go there, apart from the eye candy.
Kind of. Random roll occurs and turns out one such systems have no jumpholes leading to it anymore, only way in is via JD. And sometimes also only way out too (if you want to keep loot)...

Even some content randomized a bit, it might have something practical but may as well not. No guarantees a run will be successful, much like in aRPGs.

(07-28-2014, 02:49 PM)Vredes Wrote: Also put more Gallic like stations in Sirius.
Nope.

RE: Uncharted worlds - St.Denis - 07-28-2014

Would make things a lot more interesting.

I would be very interested in it.