Discovery Gaming Community
To: Vladimir Scorpius - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Vladimir Scorpius (/showthread.php?tid=118893)

Pages: 1 2

To: Vladimir Scorpius - Vendetta - 08-06-2014

[Image: Joshua-Hunt_zps19ec286a.png]

Well hey there.

A friend of ours, or at least yours, wanted me to get in touch with you to negotiate a deal for a little purple trinket you may or may not have. I'm in the market to buy, and Lagsalot claims you've got one. So, if you're interested in parting ways with the power cell, let's talk credits.

[Image: Joshua-Huntfoot_zps73462578.png]

RE: To: Vladimir Scorpius - Vendetta - 08-08-2014

-|Boosting Signal, re-sending transmission|-

RE: To: Vladimir Scorpius - Vladimir Scorpius - 08-08-2014

...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Provocateur.Vladimir.Scorpius.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...
[Image: vJ2rNNa.png][Image: 3dSZFc6.png]

Untrusted Mr. Hunt,

The Lane Hackers do not deal with people that have no manners to even introduce themselves. It's usually a simple thing as stating you name and surname that can get things moving.

For example, I am Vladimir Scorpius and I am not in the market for money. The knowledge is what I seek and if you are able to offer anything worthwhile and interesting then we might have some sort of deal.

...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...

Introductions are a waste of time and inefficient, but if they mean that much to you, I'm Joshua Hunt. So, if you're not interested in money alone, then how does money and enough adapted alien weaponry to outfit two fighters sound? The people I work with have recently brought in an excess amount of said weapons, and I'm willing to throw them on the table, and a sum of two-hundred-million credits (200,000,000SC) in exchange for the Power Cell.

To: Joshua Hunt - Nicole Hunter - 08-08-2014

...Professor.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...
...live.feed.initialized...

[Image: 1b.png][Image: 7.png]

Dear Mr Hunt,

You certainly caught my interest. However, at the same time you failed to understand what Mr Scorpius meant. I will indulge your curiosity and explain you the issue.

The purple trinket, as you eloquently called it, is a powerful piece of alien technology that can be utilized in many ways, ranging from a portable source of energy for a devastating weapon or device to experimental research and development projects, including human experiments. While your terms of purchase are acceptable, we will never relinquish such a device to a potentially hostile party. It will only be possible if you reveal identity of the people you work with and after we have confirmed your story.

Now you have two options. You can either risk and provide us with some details - which potentially could evolve into something more than a one time deal - or you can withdraw your offer. Each scenario will be an answer of sort that will satisfy my curiosity.

Kind regards,
Nicole Hunter

...live.feed.lost...

Nicole Hunter,

Hostilities between the Lane Hackers and those who work for me have never been a thing. My affiliation has changed plenty of times in the past decade, though I can assure you I am self employed, and there is no one above me in my unnamed organization. We don't work for anyone or anything but ourselves. We're scientists of a sort, whom have taken an interest in collecting such "trinkets" for research and cataloging. Said research isn't really important, but should it ever become relevant to interfere with the Lane Hackers dealings, or anyone they're affiliated with, we'll be sure to let you know at our utmost convenience.

So, I've told you whom I work for, which is no one but myself. Do we have a deal?

Fool's pride - Nicole Hunter - 08-09-2014

...Mactan.Headquarters.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...
...live.feed.initialized...

Inside her personal chamber professor Nicole Hunter was reading a message from Mr Joshua Hunt.

- We will be sure to let you know... - professor rolled her eyes and then laughed.

- The stench of corporate black research ops can be sensed from a mile... - said Vladimir Scorpius, Professor's right hand and prospective successor.

- Maybe, or maybe it is just a fool's pride. Each power cell emits a unique background radiation. This energy signature is like a fingerprint. Should things go south we will know who to send our assassins after. Mr Scorpius, please inform Mr Bower to arrange exchange.

...live.feed.lost...

To: Joshua Hunt - Nicholas Bower - 08-09-2014

...connection.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Nicholas.Bower.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 105a.png][Image: 18.png]

Mr Hunt,

I was told by our mutual acquaintance to arrange an exchange with you. My ship will be waiting for you in California, sector 2-D in 8 standard hours. Come alone and make sure you are not followed or the transaction will not take place.

At your service,
Nicholas Bower

...encryption.in.progress...connection.terminated...

RE: To: Vladimir Scorpius - Vendetta - 08-09-2014

Nicholas Bower,

I'll be there.

To: Joshua Hunt - Nicholas Bower - 08-09-2014

...connection.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...Nicholas.Bower.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 105a.png][Image: 18.png]

Mr Hunt,

I must say I was positively surprised by your punctuality. Both the food supplies transfer and payment went smooth and professional. It is pleasure to do such business these days.

At your service,
Nicholas Bower

...encryption.in.progress...connection.terminated...