Discovery Gaming Community
To: The Commonwealth Subject: Research Enterprise - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: The Commonwealth Subject: Research Enterprise (/showthread.php?tid=118939)

To: The Commonwealth Subject: Research Enterprise - Caconym - 08-07-2014

[Image: A41GwON.png]

Bonjour, dear friends of the esteemed, exquisite, and overtly finespun Commonwealth.

Lately, it has come to my attention that some of the glorious research projects the Commonwealth engorges itself into completing have been suffering from a variety of variables that stemmed from a chasm yet unknown, which, unfortunately, beset upon the projects' effectiveness like a pestilence, halting the projects and subsequently, the Commonwealth's progression. Not a problem, however, as it is obvious that the solution to such a problem is none other but an iron will and an enterprising mind coupled with an intellectual genius, traits that were unfortunately lacking, however, I eagerly volunteer to offer them under the spearhead.

Furthermore, I am sad to report that the standard data encryption methods used by our magnificent organization are -to my horror- becoming horrendously outdated. This calls for draconian and resource-consuming measures, namely a complete replacement of the encryption we use both day-to-day and for our more… secretive activities. For this, I shall start developing, alongside the work on the incredibly important V.I.X.E.N. project, a newer and safer encryption method unique to the exquisite Commonwealth, to prevent any lesser organizations becoming aware of even our most trivial exchanges.

Merci beaucoup, et bonne journée.
Guillaume De Calais.

[Image: CDvJu2G.png]

RE: To: The Commonwealth Subject: Research Enterprise - Szpaku - 08-08-2014

*** Incoming Transmission ***
*** Sender : Zakir Korovin ***
*** LOC : Tau 37, Liner Avalon ****
*** Encryption Status : Upgraded Commonwelthian encryption Mark 67 ***

::: Video Feed :::

[Image: 28L680664.png]

Zdrastvoje Comrade...
After all this time someone finally realizes how low our security stands at the current moment t.I'm pretty sure any script kiddie with a hand up his butt could break it in a matter of few weeks.

*He grabs a fresh bottle of Vodka and pours some to his elegant Cup-Thingy*
'Because Why should we invest in our security and safety of our most secret data '!
*He empties the cup in one short swig without any sign of reaction on his face*
Whenever you feel like starting the works on this idea of yours with probably my help there is a thing I have to turn your attention too... I bet you saw it too that weird file which sits in the Freeports data core.
*He makes his way to a nearby chair and proceeds to sit on it*
I think I have an idea what that may be... But I won share it until I'm perfectly sure what it is.If my assumptions are true then that file will probably help you greatly in your V.I.X.E.N encryption...
Whenever you feel like lighting up the green diode just call the Avalon decks I will be waiting

Do Svidanya

*** Transmission Terminated ***

RE: To: The Commonwealth Subject: Research Enterprise - Remnant - 08-09-2014

Guillaume De Calais, before I get into the details on what you've spoken about, i'd like to make a comment on how like you are to Robert and Achillie. That's an automatic negative one in my book, but hey, I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Regretfully that isn't the matter which has been brought up. Encryption.

I believe it was mentioned once before, although I didn't really pay much attention to it. Standard communications is encrypted to a degree, although I could care less about who looks into what I send. Robert and the other one on the other hand.. Perhaps it indeed is something that we need to look into a little more.

In this case, i'd like to hear one thing from you. The question perhaps you'd get from any other employer, despite this question used to sate my own curiosity.

Why you. Why not one of the others which are interested in doing what you'd like to do. Entertain me with a good answer, eh?

Zakir Korovin, Well you're looking quite handsome, a shame I was never one for seduction. So you have an idea of something that I may not, hmm? That sure is interesting. Perhaps the security indeed may be a little weak. Being vague about a file in the Freeports core was perhaps a good way to keep my attention. I am aware of some sub-routines in all vessels built under the Zoner name which acts as a tracker, however built into the Freeports is something I am not. Was it placed there by one of us? By an occupant before us?

Intrigue me. Keep in mind however, that there are others which would like to lead this project of fortifying things of course, lets see who can put up a better argument. Hm?

Sincerely -- Tara Snow

RE: To: The Commonwealth Subject: Research Enterprise - Caconym - 08-09-2014

[Image: A41GwON.png]

Ah, bonjour, madame Snow.

Why me, you ask? I believe I have already answered this most important question previously. The lack of any measurable progress with the encryption method has caused its development to fall upon my most capable shoulders due to a lack of alternatives; if you would please remember, our cryptology "experts" were removed from their responsibilities in our glorious Commonwealth after they proved incapable of providing a secure transmission; indeed, it was I who cracked it, leading to my original employment in the Commonwealth by Monsieur Achille Nadeau; as such, it is only right that I take on the task of creating a better encryption method.

Merci beaucoup, et bonne journée.
Guillaume De Calais.

[Image: CDvJu2G.png]

RE: To: The Commonwealth Subject: Research Enterprise - Szpaku - 08-09-2014

*** Incoming Transmission ***
*** Sender : Zakir Korovin ***
*** LOC : Tau 37, Liner Avalon ****
*** Encryption Status : Upgraded Commonwelthian encryption Mark 67 ***

::: Video Feed :::

[Image: 28L680664.png]

Hmph... Whoever does then he will do it or if anyone is doing it currently is doing a terribly bad job while at it.Since most of my time I've spent here on the freeport controlling whatever comes in and out of the signal arrays and comes into the Docking bays I have a quite knowledge of whats happening also don't take me wrong I wouldn't take any sneak peeks into all the comms since they operate on their own additional encryption but the Docking manifests with what arrives and leaves is something I have vast knowledge off.

To Tara Snow :
Considering the nearly instant time the File has appeared in the data core and adding up the time it took me to localize it and at least partially understand what the heck was that. I can presume it was left by one of us... Be it a long time ago but one of the Commonwelthians or someone who knows this station inside out.
As for the file itself it seems to be Sirian on the first glance but after inspecting it further the core of it lacks any form of understandable body be it in Gallian,Kusarian or any house language and after activation it just sends out a weird signal about I have no idea what it means.

Do Svidanya

*** Transmission Terminated ***