Discovery Gaming Community
I Need the Power of Flood - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: I Need the Power of Flood (/showthread.php?tid=118974)

Pages: 1 2 3

I Need the Power of Flood - GrueZilla - 08-08-2014

So I want to make a website that has cool applications to go along-side the official Discovery server. One of the biggest things I'm thinking is a whole bounty network system, where you can submit bounties and track your targets, etc.

To start off with though, I'm working on a simple character biography generator (NOT MEANT TO BE USED SERIOUSLY).
You can try it out here

So it takes a template:
Code:
I'm a @GENDER@ pilot for @AFFILIATION@. I'm from @HOUSE@. I fly a @SHIP_CLASS@. @ATTRIBUTE@, and @ATTRIBUTE@.
and replaces the variables with values from a list (can be weighted).

I need you to come up with more
  • templates
  • variables (the @ things)
  • and values (the actual thing that replaces it)

along with any other ideas you might have.

It's silly right now, and it will probably remain mostly silly, but it can at the very least be silly with a lot more variety.

Thanks for your time.

RE: I Need the Power of Flood - Thunderer - 08-08-2014

I'm a @gender@ pilot and I used to work for @affiliation@. I'm from @House@. I fly a @ship_class@. The reason why I want to join you is because my parents were killed by @hostile_affiliation@.

RE: I Need the Power of Flood - GrueZilla - 08-08-2014

How could I forget the master formula. O:

Found a traitor:
"I'm a female pilot for the Gallic Metal Service. I'm from Bretonia. I fly a Liner. I'm a bad pilot, and I always obey the law."
BUT THEN!
"I'm a male pilot for the Gallic Royal Navy. I'm from Liberty. I fly a Carrier. I always obey the law, and I smuggle slaves."
"I'm a female pilot for Universal Shipping. I'm from Liberty. I fly a Bomber. I've killed many men, and I smuggle slaves."

Also, this one obviously likes to boast:
"I'm a male pilot for the Blood Dragons. I'm from Rheinland. I fly a Gunboat. I'm an ace pilot, and I'm an ace pilot."

PS: Reloading until I get "I'm a female pilot for the Golden Chrysanthemum. I'm from Kusari. I fly a liner. I am single, and I smuggle slaves."

RE: I Need the Power of Flood - GrueZilla - 08-08-2014

Added your template. Big Grin

EDIT: oh god it actually does look like half the apps I've seen

RE: I Need the Power of Flood - Big_B - 08-08-2014

This one was pretty funny

"I'm a male pilot for the Golden Chrysanthemums. I'm from Hispania. I fly a Cruiser. I smuggle slaves, and I always obey the law."

RE: I Need the Power of Flood - Shizune - 08-08-2014

Kay

I'm a male pilot and I used to work for the Coalition. I'm from Liberty. I fly a Liner. The reason why I want to join you is because my parents were killed by the Kusari State Police.

I'm a female pilot and I used to work for the Xenos. I'm from Kusari. I fly a Freighter. The reason why I want to join you is because my parents were killed by the Xenos

I'm a male pilot for the Wild. I'm from Liberty. I fly a Transport. I'm single, and I always obey the law.

"Because I'm single, the Union Corse is/are after me. I need to flee to Gallia in my Bomber!"

"I'm a male pilot for the Gallic Metal Service. I'm from Gallia. I fly a Bomber. I'm married, and I'm single."

RE: I Need the Power of Flood - Strichev - 08-08-2014

Excellent!

Because I'm married, the Gallic Royal Police is/are after me. I need to flee to Gallia in my Bomber!

RE: I Need the Power of Flood - James Greed - 08-08-2014

"Because I'm married, the Gallic Metal Service is/are after me. I need to flee to Liberty in my Battlecruiser!"

Oh my Big Grin