Discovery Gaming Community
To: Kusari police forces (Subject: Help with investigation involving so called "Nox") - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Kusari police forces (Subject: Help with investigation involving so called "Nox") (/showthread.php?tid=118977)

To: Kusari police forces (Subject: Help with investigation involving so called "Nox") - Laura C. - 08-08-2014

[Image: RFPHeader1.png]

[Image: Laura_Carsten5.jpg]

PRIORITY: Medium
ENCRYPTION: High
IDENTIFICATION: Detektiv Laura Carsten
SOURCE: Nibelung Polizei Plaza, planet New Berlin
SUBJECT: Help with investigation involving so called "Nox"

*Carsten appears on the screen in her office in the polizei office building on planet New Berlin with view on the metropolis behind her*

Guten Tag, Sehr geehrter representative of Kusari police forces. My name is Laura Carsten and I´m detektiv of the Rheinland Federal Polizei. Because I didn´t find any maintained direct communication channel between our two police forces, I´m contacting you this way, I hope it is okay. I need some help with a case I´m currently investigating, probably somebody from your anti-narcotics department - if there is any - will be the best choice, but it is of course up to you.

To explain briefly what is this case about: few months ago I caught in Frankfurt system - at that time in rank of just a fresh wachmann - Firefly class transport ship. Pilot with Freelancer papers tried to escape from the control and ship was loaded with strange and unusual cargo. The case was forwarded to our anti-narcotics department but it ended in the dead end and since I´m now detektiv, I asked to return it to me because...well, I think I can deal with it better and get further.

Anyway, we in RFP are practically sure that this substance I´m talking about is a new drug, which is made outside of Rheinland space but is imported by smugglers in our house more and more. At the beginning, certain people tried to import it labeled as pharmaceutical, but we discovered after some time that this is not true at all and our anti-narcotics department is already trying to track the main source or sources. They also found this thing during several searches at homes or storerooms of caught drug distributors.

But back to the incident which I mentioned earlier. This was first time when polizei forces intercepted such a huge load of this probable drug. It seems that some dealer became certain that we can´t confiscate it and arrest people who are carrying it because it is not illegal at the moment by Rheinland laws.

What I´m asking from you is any information about this substance or it´s origin, also about it´s current legal status and known business flow with it within Republic of Kusari, if there is any. But especially in the Honshu system.

If you are asking why I think you know more about it - one of our specialized scanner modules which polizei bought from Kusari manufacturer and is using similar software and database as you - at least manufacturarer claims it - was able to identify this thing as "Nox" which led me to conclusion that it must be known better in your house. Second reason is that pilot of the ship that I caught claimed that he got his "package" from ship at orbit of planet Honshu. Some scans and record of interrogation of this person which may help you are in data attachment of this message.

Danke for your cooperation and any information.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, detektiv Carsten out.

LOADING DATA ATTACHMENT
1 2
END OF THE MESSAGE

RE: To: Kusari police forces - Pinko - 08-09-2014

>>: Incoming Transmission
>>: Sender ID: Tomo Matsuda
>>: Link Established
>>: Message Begin

>>: Audio/Video Received
[Image: FzmzP1M.png]
Streaming live-feed :<<

Konnichiwa, I am Keibu Tomo Matsuda of the Kusari Territorial Police. Gomenasai for the lack of proper infrastructures to reach us; our branch is still relatively new and is slowly absorbing the old State Police's workload. Not that I wish to boast, but I am confident that our taskforce will soon become Kusari's premier police taskforce and that this will ease communication between our houses.

Myself, I have had a few run-in with Nox traffickers, which is considered contraband and is highly illegal within our House. According to files sent to the State Police by the Gallic Royal Police on a cooperation basis in an attempt to control the substance, the drug itself is a highly addictive, powerful hallucinogen uniquely produced on Planet Marseille within Gallia, which creates a great feel of euphoria in its user before knocking them our for up to 24 hours, after which the subject shows temporary sign of insomnia. Addiction is on a psychological level, not physical, and while the withdrawal symptoms are severe, they are not deadly as is the case for Cardamine.

As a result, it a fan favourite amongst witch doctors, cultists and other vision seekers of Sirius. It is ranked as a Class 1 Narcotic in our House, the only one to receive such a rating since the introduction of Cardamine. It has no use as a medical supply; the Kingdom of Gallia allegedly banned Nox research over 50 years ago.

I have personal reasons to believe the Hogosha and their allies are involved in the trafficking of this commodity. I have intercepted transports filled to the brim with it heading towards their alleged facilities more than once, but perhaps it is a mere coincidence. Interception of Nox cargo is also alarmingly becoming more and more common. Gallia's Royal Police's list of suspects in its production is censored for unknown reasons. Unfortunately, since the more recent pushes of Gallia into Bretonia, it as become increasingly difficult to reach them, making coordination efforts on the matter fruitless.

To hear that a Freelancer could've gotten his cargo on Honshu is upsetting, but not entirely surprising; it is indeed the first large settlement one would reach within Kusari from Gallia, and the... 'Guardians of Kusari' 's influence there is not to be ignored. This is all speculation, of course, but I will get an investigation going on the matter.

My suggestion is that the Rheinlander government pass a law on Nox as soon as possible to declare it a dangerous narcotic. Uncontrolled and not properly legislated, this substance could spell a painful future for your House, with all due respect.

Domo arigato for contacting us, Detektiv. I hope there will be more cooperation between our agencies in the future.

~ Keibu Tomo Matsuda, Signing Off.

Message End :<<
Transmission End :<<
Link Disconnected :<<