Discovery Gaming Community
Recommend me a ship - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Recommend me a ship (/showthread.php?tid=119113)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Recommend me a ship - Tenacity - 08-12-2014

Based on the following criteria, because I've got no idea what new ships have been added to the mod at this point in time, recommend a ship you think would fit best:

1. The ship cannot be too big or small. Needs to have some concept of interior room, I'm not sleeping in the cargo bay. Similarly, cannot be too large, as I dont want to have to go hire up a hundred blokes just to crew it.

2. The ship must be available for open use. I'm not joining a faction, kinda goes against the idea of being a privateer/indy spacer.

3. As mentioned above, I'm a privateer/indy spacer of sorts. Think opportunistic smuggler, scavenger, plunderer, mercenary, freelancer, courier, trader, and even the occasional act of pie-racy.

4. Needs some semblance of cargo space, I like to make a living off material vices, whether they be shot, snorted, or enjoyed as horizontal refreshments between the synthsheets.

5. Needs to have a fairly sleek look, not too rusty but not overly high tech. I want a ship that you could see an individual mercenary with a smallish crew using for the odd job. I want an intimidating profile, but something you could show up to a starship show in without terrorizing the little starfliers.

6. Obviously it'll need some kind of defensability. I'm not flying an unarmed ship into the depths of reaver-infested space, at least give me a window to shoot a handgun out of. Ideally, enough firepower to deter the odd pie-rat that might think to get the better of me.

Please post pictures of the ship you recommend, if possible, and where it can be purchased.

RE: Recommend me a ship - Chuba - 08-12-2014

kastrel not sure if i spelled it right... Sad buy it in planet manthattan

RE: Recommend me a ship - Vredes - 08-12-2014

Voyager Freighter

Put 4 Pulse Weps, 1 Sunslayer, 1 Cannonball, 4 Hullbusters(3 forward firing) and a decent CAU. Trust me you wont be left disappointed. As for the reavers, I think a more skilled VHF pilot should be able to take you own so use your imagination.

RE: Recommend me a ship - TheSauron - 08-12-2014

Serenity? Border Worlds Transport?

RE: Recommend me a ship - Askira21 - 08-12-2014

id say the serenity would fit your bill

RE: Recommend me a ship - Tenacity - 08-12-2014

I dont suppose the brigand courier freighter can be used outside of gallia?

RE: Recommend me a ship - PlasmaSabre - 08-12-2014

(08-12-2014, 07:06 PM)Chuba Wrote: kastrel not sure if i spelled it right... Sad buy it in planet manthattan

This. The Kestrel looks very nice and it's a smallish freighter, (~600 cargo i think) i would recommend it.

RE: Recommend me a ship - Vredes - 08-12-2014

(08-12-2014, 07:30 PM)TANKinetic Wrote:
(08-12-2014, 07:06 PM)Chuba Wrote: kastrel not sure if i spelled it right... Sad buy it in planet manthattan

This. The Kestrel looks very nice and it's a smallish freighter, (~600 cargo i think) i would recommend it.

Btw Provide pictures or link to the wiki. The guy asked for it Smile

RE: Recommend me a ship - Tenacity - 08-12-2014

Actually flying a kestrel right now, not quite what I'm looking for

RE: Recommend me a ship - Technogeist - 08-12-2014

Garret's Thor.