Discovery Gaming Community
iRP insulting and disrespect - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: iRP insulting and disrespect (/showthread.php?tid=119516)

Pages: 1 2

iRP insulting and disrespect - Corile - 08-23-2014

Is insulting and disrespect a reason to start a fight?

RE: iRP insulting and disrespect - Havok - 08-23-2014

It'd say it depends on the character you're roleplaying, their temper and all. Generally I'd say sure, if it's all within RP and the rules.

RE: iRP insulting and disrespect - Findarato Veneanar - 08-23-2014

Well i know that most places have laws against insulting police, and there are many people that will start punching if they think that you are disrespecting them, so sure.

DELETE - SnakThree - 08-23-2014

DELETE

RE: iRP insulting and disrespect - Fluffyball - 08-23-2014

It's like in real life I believe. In Poland Police usually does not react when they are "lightly" insulted, because they are used to it. However, with more insults there are fines, not assault, because it would be against law to do so. Police cannot react with force, if they are insulted, because it is simply illegal in majority of the countries.

Of course, it also depends how much corrupt is police and in fact, if we look into real contries once again, during the wartime Police has little to say and they are controlled directly by military - well, Liberty is officially at war, so according to how it works in real life, Liberty Police MUST, they just not could, they MUST obey the direct order from Liberty Navy.

RE: iRP insulting and disrespect - Evo - 08-23-2014

(08-23-2014, 12:17 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: Of course, it also depends how much corrupt is police and in fact, if we look into real contries once again, during the wartime Police has little to say and they are controlled directly by military - well, Liberty is officially at war, so according to how it works in real life, Liberty Police MUST, they just not could, they MUST obey the direct order from Liberty Navy.

This is not real life. That same argument has been brought up so many times and it hasn't changed anything yet for a reason; it doesn't pertain to a healthy playing environment. While we're off-topic, let's pretend this is indeed a thing. Being at war with another country does not equal martial law in which the military takes control and the role of the police force. In fact, it would be rather silly to send forces from the front line to deal with what the police can and are trained to do. Deal with not being able to order around police forces. IRL you would be a cop rather than a military unit protecting home space from a few poorly trained criminals anyway.

Anyways, back on topic. I don't actually know if this is permitted. Common sense says yes to an extent, meaning you just can't do a herp derp and attack a fellow faction member or ally over a little spilled milk. Though greentext is needed to be sure.

RE: iRP insulting and disrespect - VinitS - 08-23-2014

i have seen a player Neutral to me...Quasi Legal.....Flying with a Pirate.........n when i engage the pirate...he just sits there in his transport....and i highly suspect he is feeding nanos/bots into the pirate.....but...can i do anything? i did nothing...no piracy...no crime...

when i tell him to leave...."what i have done? i have my right bullshit......

So, what i have read on this discussion....i am going to pew pew..next time..Big Grin

RE: iRP insulting and disrespect - GrnRaptor - 08-23-2014

The Rules Wrote:3.1 An attack is any hostile action that drains shields to less than 50%. Saying "Engaging" is not sufficient and aggressors are not allowed to destroy a ship before allowing sufficient time to respond. If a player is attacked he has the right to defend himself regardless of who is attacking. Trading nanobots, shieldbatteries or other ammo and equipment during a fight is also considered taking an active role in the engagement.

Scan the guy's B/B count beforehand. If he's missing some and your opponent looks refilled then torch him. Assuming you're a lawful like police/navy, he's also ignoring a lawful order to get out, which usually falls within your engagement allowances on your ID.

RE: iRP insulting and disrespect - GrnRaptor - 08-23-2014

(08-23-2014, 11:48 AM)Protégé Wrote: Is insulting and disrespect a reason to start a fight?

As for the topic itself, I'd say yes, but within the bounds of the ID. Mostly this works well for unlawfuls like Outcasts who can engage most things anyway with little to no provocation. It's a great lead in for a pew.

RE: iRP insulting and disrespect - n00bl3t - 08-23-2014

(08-23-2014, 01:25 PM)Evo Wrote:
(08-23-2014, 12:17 PM)Toji-Haku Wrote: Of course, it also depends how much corrupt is police and in fact, if we look into real contries once again, during the wartime Police has little to say and they are controlled directly by military - well, Liberty is officially at war, so according to how it works in real life, Liberty Police MUST, they just not could, they MUST obey the direct order from Liberty Navy.

This is not real life. That same argument has been brought up so many times and it hasn't changed anything yet for a reason; it doesn't pertain to a healthy playing environment. While we're off-topic, let's pretend this is indeed a thing. Being at war with another country does not equal martial law in which the military takes control and the role of the police force. In fact, it would be rather silly to send forces from the front line to deal with what the police can and are trained to do. Deal with not being able to order around police forces. IRL you would be a cop rather than a military unit protecting home space from a few poorly trained criminals anyway.

This is quite insightful.

Military forces in general aren't designed to police and hold order on their own populace anyway.

As for the actual topic at hand, I think it's context based. It'd be nice to give Protege a yes or no tick, to do what he wants, but it's a pretty open ended question which could lead to good and bad outcomes.