Discovery Gaming Community
New Indy RFP Faction? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: New Indy RFP Faction? (/showthread.php?tid=119927)

Pages: 1 2

New Indy RFP Faction? - Technogeist - 08-31-2014

Been having fun in an indy RFP fighter/bomber, using TLAGSnet, stopping smugglers and generally ruining people who think Rheinland is an easy smuggling route right now. Also hunting down pirates and stopping foreign military units such as a recent bunch of [AI]. But I've been getting a bit lonely in the cause, and I think Rheinland is a great place for activity to spur up that isn't just a pew with the LNS in Hamburg/Texas. Considering making an RFP faction. Thoughts? Want more activity in Rheinland? Would playing Police be a fun thing to do in Rheinland? Want opinions. Give me opinions. I will devour them whole. Go. Also haven't thought of a name or faction background, feel free to throw in suggestions for that as well.

RE: New Indy RFP Faction? - Corile - 08-31-2014

Quote:Also hunting down pirates and stopping foreign military units such as a recent bunch of [AI].
Yeah, it caused quite a long facepalm stream in AI chat.
Also calling AI Drones "foreign military" is quite funny.

RE: New Indy RFP Faction? - Technogeist - 08-31-2014

That's not what this thread is for.

RE: New Indy RFP Faction? - kuvacz - 08-31-2014

Aren't there yet more then enough unofficial factions affiliated to a faction which already has an official Player faction as well?

Why always creating own stuff while the offical, already existing player factions suffer, some even die?

And if some of the rules/laws/methodes an offical player faction has are disliked by you, why not debate, find ways that bring you together instead of creating yet another new faction, with new tag etc.?!

RE: New Indy RFP Faction? - Emile - 08-31-2014

Just apply for RFP|
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=33039

It is a fun faction! I like it for sure!

RE: New Indy RFP Faction? - Vendetta - 08-31-2014

Technogeist doesn't do Official factions.

I can't remember the last time I saw an RFP| tagged ship, and one of the main things I want right now is to not be alone in New Berlin. I don't want to join a dead faction, and I don't want to pick up the pieces of someone else's work, expecially since I won't get anything in return for it. I would honestly rather make something of my own.

Also, I have a natural dislike of official factions. It's just a thing. Wouldn't want to be in one. I would rather turn off FL and reinstall MS Flight Simulator. I dislike it that much.

RE: New Indy RFP Faction? - WesternPeregrine - 08-31-2014

I believe Laura's frequent reports for the RFP show that the faction is active, albeit short on personnel.

Even if you a strong desire to NOT join the official faction, it would be better to just link up with them and be fly around when they need. Organize with them a group of police indies to collaborate, instead of saying you want a second faction group and make it difficult for all to fly with each other.

Remember, you don't need to be their subordinates, but that doesn't prevent you from trying to be their colleagues.

(08-31-2014, 07:14 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: It would be better to just link up with them and be flying around when they need.

What makes you think a new indy RFP faction wouldn't be doing this anyway?

(08-31-2014, 07:14 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: Organize with them a group of police indies to collaborate, instead of saying you want a second faction group and make it difficult for all to fly with each other.

You know you just basically described an indy faction right? So you're basically saying make an indy faction, but without a skype group, voice comms or a tag? What purpose would that serve?

Also, why would it be difficult for an indy RFP group to fly with RFP|? We would be more easily identified and contacted in the player list with a tag when needed, and that person could then alert the rest of the faction on skype. It would make things a lot easier, not harder.

(08-31-2014, 07:14 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: Remember, you don't need to be their subordinates, but that doesn't prevent you from trying to be their colleagues.

What makes you think a new indy RFP faction wouldn't work well with RFP|? I'm getting that impression and I'm not sure why. I have nothing against working with RFP|.

I am confused as to why you think these things. Please go in to more detail, because I really don't understand any of these points or the logic behind them. If you think a new RFP group would somehow not work well with RFP|, I would very much like to know why.

RE: New Indy RFP Faction? - WesternPeregrine - 08-31-2014

(08-31-2014, 07:52 PM)Technogeist Wrote:
(08-31-2014, 07:14 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: Organize with them a group of police indies to collaborate, instead of saying you want a second faction group and make it difficult for all to fly with each other.

You know you just basically described an indy faction right? So you're basically saying make an indy faction, but without a skype group, voice comms or a tag? What purpose would that serve?

Also, why would it be difficult for an indy RFP group to fly with RFP|? We would be more easily identified and contacted in the player list with a tag when needed, and that person could then alert the rest of the faction on skype. It would make things a lot easier, not harder.

Actually, I was thinking the exact opposite, you making a skype group with all the indies and someone from rfp, and being contactable, and disregarding having an ingame tag.

Such suggestions have little meaning, because you know well how you want to operate with them. Pay no mind to this comments any further.

(08-31-2014, 07:14 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: Remember, you don't need to be their subordinates, but that doesn't prevent you from trying to be their colleagues.

What makes you think a new indy RFP faction wouldn't work well with RFP|? I'm getting that impression and I'm not sure why. I have nothing against working with RFP|.

I am confused as to why you think these things. Please go in to more detail, because I really don't understand any of these points or the logic behind them. If you think a new RFP group would somehow not work well with RFP|, I would very much like to know why.

Might have been from what I have seen before, related with the RM. One indy group was formed for defense of the Omegas, but clashed with the main RM about orders and chain of command. Hopefully that wont be an issue this time.