Discovery Gaming Community
Camp the planet, will you? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Camp the planet, will you? (/showthread.php?tid=11993)

Pages: 1 2 3

Camp the planet, will you? - looqas - 09-11-2008

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=23190&st=0

After reading this I thought it would be wise to move the "discussion" here.

Personally I think planet (or base) camping is a bad idea. People will get angry at you.

Bad idea unless it's a prearranged event that is.

Camp the planet, will you? - globalplayer-svk - 09-11-2008

its difference between camping planet for roleplay reason (for example massive big outcast attack on gamma, destroying all defenses and then waiting for trade ships to catch them) and reason: only because i will kill someone ...

Camp the planet, will you? - mjolnir - 09-11-2008

I don't see much difference there... I'd say that you should sit some 8-10k away from the planet. That way if people just want to leave they can, if they want to fight you.. they can as well.

Camp the planet, will you? - n00bl3t - 09-11-2008

Agree. Keep a little bit of space between the attacking party and the defending docking ring, not only does it support fair-play but in-RP those docking ring guns would have destroyed you.

Camp the planet, will you? - El Nino - 09-11-2008

Yeah has it not been suggested before planetary defense.... Hell i'll mod some guns right away...

Camp the planet, will you? - n00bl3t - 09-11-2008

How come planetary guns are not that strong on the mod since people do RP a planetary defense grid?

Too bad most of the planet sieges have very little RP value in them.

Most of the cases it's just desire to look for an excuse for a fight. It's either boredom or uberism that makes those spur of the moment sieges such a bad idea. And there are some bound to log on an find the invaders sitting it there and get offended.

Even sitting at 8k -10k away from the Planet waiting for someone to come and fight fits the RP purpose badly. Attacks are usually hit and run, not an invasion.

In the end it's not just worth it.

I wish the docking ring guns would get 1000000 damage. I know it's been discussed before but why hasn't it happened already?

Camp the planet, will you? - BugsBunny - 09-11-2008

' Wrote:I wish the docking ring guns would get 1000000 damage. I know it's been discussed before but why hasn't it happened already?
Then people friendly with NPCs would just hang around those guns, or thrust towards those safe havens in fights. Any kind of attacking force will then face overwhelming odds. Coupled with some more tactics exploiting those guns, it won't be a good idea.

' Wrote:Then people friendly with NPCs would just hang around those guns, or thrust towards those safe havens in fights. Any kind of attacking force will then face overwhelming odds. Coupled with some more tactics exploiting those guns, it won't be a good idea.

What I fail to understand in your argument is that why on Earth you'd need to "attack" a planet? So what if people take refuge in the vicinity of those guns? That's only common sense. It would in my opinion even enhance RP. At least it would give out people more chance to RP (if the attacker keeps the safe distance and the guy who fled does not repeat the attack) instead of jumping to pvp straight away.

Disco is a pretty static what comes to bases and planet's changing hands, so I can't see any reason at all not to implement planetary defenses. Besides it still leaves the backside of the planet open for "RP" bombardment.

If the guy's fleeing a fight so what? I don't long to see the kill message to know that I came out on top of it. Thus I don't see any reason to finish him off. It gives so much more RP opportunities for me to "gloat over the comms".

I'd like to hear what you mean exploiting tactics.

Camp the planet, will you? - kingvaillant - 09-11-2008

the only legit time of planet camping I see. is to stop smugglers and such from docking with contraband on a planet when they are being chased (Gee I hate this "RP" style)