Discovery Gaming Community
The Ore mining review. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: The Ore mining review. (/showthread.php?tid=119961)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The Ore mining system. - Echo 7-7 - 10-15-2014

(10-15-2014, 04:02 AM)Derkylos Wrote:
(10-15-2014, 02:53 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: The maximum of 5 Ores per faction is already a reduction for most mining groups, and I don't expect the commodities with the x2 bonus to be mined for maximum profit - they're more for RP purposes.

But it's gonna make you sit in the field for yonks to fill up...and you'll just get bored...wouldn't it make more sense to have the drop rate the same but reduce the sale price if it's for RP only?

If you think about it, that's not going to work.

(10-15-2014, 04:02 AM)Derkylos Wrote: ...
One thought: Would it make sense to have Junkers get a biger bonus on normal scrap as well as make their bases pay more, whereas ALG get better bonuses on premium and better monetary rewards, thus encouraging Junkers to go after basic scrap and ALG to get the premium stuff, as Junkers are supposed to use the scrap business as a cover, while ALG are supposed to be the real dustmen of Sirius.

Also, make GMG have a better alien organism drop, because they're supposed to be, like, exploring it in the Edge Nebula or something (maybe give Samura an alien organism bonus, given their operations on Kurile, too? Giving these factions another area of conflict...)

Did you even bother to check the spreadsheet?

RE: The Ore mining system. - Techpriest - 10-15-2014

I believe that the Cryer Pharmaceutical faction deserves a higher mining point on Alien Organisms(at least x3.5). Most of their research comes from these organisms experiments.

RE: The Ore mining system. - SnakThree - 10-15-2014

Please remove unneded fields to increase the density of players instead of dilluting it.

This means, make only one field per ore in whole Sirius, so that people know it is only mined there, and nowhere else.

Having these regular commodities being minable is both, ineffective and unimportant that wouldn't contribute to player activity.

RE: The Ore mining system. - Evo - 10-15-2014

Is the bonus for the Xeno ID activated? Swapping from my DSE miner for silver and copper to my Xeno I notice a HUUUUUUUUUGE drop. Not a drop that's characteristic of a 1x-2x loss. I was utilizing a hegemon, Xeno ID/IFF with 4 mining turrets setup to hit rocks with all 4. I was getting 2-3 ore per rock for copper, 3-4 for silver.

RE: The Ore mining system. - Vulkhard Muller - 10-15-2014

(10-15-2014, 09:11 AM)Evo Wrote: Is the bonus for the Xeno ID activated? Swapping from my DSE miner for silver and copper to my Xeno I notice a HUUUUUUUUUGE drop. Not a drop that's characteristic of a 1x-2x loss. I was utilizing a hegemon, Xeno ID/IFF with 4 mining turrets setup to hit rocks with all 4. I was getting 2-3 ore per rock for copper, 3-4 for silver.

I was curious about this as well, (my tests revealed the same) though I do wonder about EFL's mining bonuses. It may also be were you were mining. (I hope you were not mining in Colorado because mining there makes Gallic Mining look God like)

RE: The Ore mining system. - |nfrared - 10-15-2014

We tried it out at Humboldt, in both the copper and silver fields. It was a long way to fly for just a few rocks. Please fix.

(10-15-2014, 09:11 AM)Evo Wrote: Is the bonus for the Xeno ID activated? ...

You know what "WIP" stands for, right?

RE: The Ore mining system. - Evo - 10-15-2014

(10-15-2014, 09:41 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote:

You know what a question mark stands for, right?
No matter, looks like it's been answered albeit in a rather rude fashion.

I was not sure if this was a reflection of ingame changes to be criticized/feedbacked or a draft or what.

RE: The Ore mining system. - Gulryz - 10-15-2014

I think unlawfuls like Mollys and Red hessians who are miner and then turn against lawfuls should have best bounce on their main cargo like for Mollys Gold and for Hessians Diamonds
~Devil

(10-15-2014, 10:40 AM)Evo Wrote:
(10-15-2014, 09:41 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote:

You know what a question mark stands for, right?
No matter, looks like it's been answered albeit in a rather rude fashion.

I was not sure if this was a reflection of ingame changes to be criticized/feedbacked or a draft or what.

Sorry; it appears that I have explained what's going on at the moment in a million different places and private conversations, all except here. I reserve the right to be annoyed when people make statements or ask questions that have already been answered.

This is a total review of the Ore mining system, to be implemented with the next update. The Admins are responsible for live (aka dynamic) changes to server-specific settings, such as the commodity events.

(10-15-2014, 10:56 AM)Devil Wrote: I think unlawfuls like Mollys and Red hessians who are miner and then turn against lawfuls should have best bounce on their main cargo like for Mollys Gold and for Hessians Diamonds
~Devil

Unlawful Ore bonuses are mainly for roleplay purposes, as Ore mining is not intended as a primary activity for those factions (since it's usually a very safe activity for them).