Discovery Gaming Community
The Ore mining review. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: The Ore mining review. (/showthread.php?tid=119961)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The Ore mining review. - JohnyWalker - 10-26-2014

(10-26-2014, 12:56 PM)Ponge Wrote: Interesting; I though you only need to use mining guns to fill someone else's hold, and no other factor is needed.

Yes, thats correct, Miner Arrays are needed for fill others directly. Using combat weapons, you will can mine but only for your own and with less rate than normal.

RE: The Ore mining review. - JohnyWalker - 10-30-2014

Oh!!! I have an idea!!!

A part of the IDs or IFFs... long time ago Im asking for something for helping in the ore collection in space.

In order of preference:

1. Allow to target a loot droped in the space, and continue rising the amount, like filling up and ship.
2. Just adding a new key for "Drop all cargo" (I bet its possible, NPCs when they are pirating you, a window appear for dropping a specific cargo, so game engine allow it)
3. Turn the Loots not solid to the ship, to avoid constants hits and moving the miner ship (or transport)

But... today I has a simple idea! I hope it will be possible, just allow the "Mineral Stractor" weapon (actually no ships use it) for mount it in ALL miner vessels, but with the diference, that ores will not be automatically into your cargo hold. Like in single player, that will remain on space waiting for tractor it. Simple and this will HELP A LOT in the space collection ore hehehehehe. Would be possible? Tongue

RE: The Ore mining review. - Echo 7-7 - 10-30-2014

(10-30-2014, 11:04 AM)JohnyWalker Wrote: Oh!!! I have an idea!!!

A part of the IDs or IFFs... long time ago Im asking for something for helping in the ore collection in space.

In order of preference:

1. Allow to target a loot droped in the space, and continue rising the amount, like filling up and ship.
2. Just adding a new key for "Drop all cargo" (I bet its possible, NPCs when they are pirating you, a window appear for dropping a specific cargo, so game engine allow it)
3. Turn the Loots not solid to the ship, to avoid constants hits and moving the miner ship (or transport)

But... today I has a simple idea! I hope it will be possible, just allow the "Mineral Stractor" weapon (actually no ships use it) for mount it in ALL miner vessels, but with the diference, that ores will not be automatically into your cargo hold. Like in single player, that will remain on space waiting for tractor it. Simple and this will HELP A LOT in the space collection ore hehehehehe. Would be possible? Tongue

Points 1 and 2 are both not part of this thread, but it sounds like a waste of time to even try and figure out how to do point 1. Point 2 might be possible with FLHook but it would be an incredibly low priority. Point 3, I see no need to bother with something like that.

The mining mod is a unversal setting, not particular to the mining weapons, so your last paragraph can't happen without the mining mod code being adjusted. Once again, probably a waste of time.

The whole point of the current mining mod configuration is to ease ore collection by not requiring it to be tractored into the cargo hold. Suggesting that the current setting should be reverted seems senseless.

RE: The Ore mining review. - Mímir - 10-30-2014

Don't know if the thread is meant for this, but I'd like to see more deep space mining. The further you get away from the House systems, the more valuable (and rare) the ore becomes, essentially cutting the profit on "house ores" down to that of regular house commodities, while keeping the insanely high profits from mining in high-risk systems. In EVE it just works so well, it makes the miner gameplay more fun (as you run a bigger risk, but can reap a huge reward) and piracy as well, as routes are long and safe spots are few and far between.

If the high-yield mining were to take place in the Omicrons or other "unclaimed" space, there'd be cause for player-driven group conflicts over the resources. A dynamic battlefield with a concrete purpose.

RE: The Ore mining review. - SnakThree - 10-30-2014

Yeah well, the further away from house, the less pirates are there. I am still of such opinion that we have too many mining places and too many ores. Mining mod should bring people together and not put them so far apart.

RE: The Ore mining review. - Vulkhard Muller - 11-05-2014

So figured this should be dropped here:

Currently in the Unlawful miners spectrum we have Mollys Hessians and Corsairs.

Mollys and Hessians use standard mining vessels for mining. Thats Great and awesome but then we have Corsairs: Hispanic unlawful faction. Can mine only Alien Artifacts in a Correo, Raba or Pirate Transport.

So a thought:

Why not allow Hessians/Mollys to mine in a Ptrans as well?

Ptrans vs HegeSadhow Op would this actually be theoretically)

Hege:

Stats

Gun/Turret Mounts: 0/10
Base Armor: 145000
Cargo Space: 2750
Power Output: 6000/70000
Batteries/NanoBots: 600/600
Impulse Speed: 100
Cruise Speed: 350
Equipment Mounts: CM
Max Useful Turrets: 4

Ptrans:

Stats

Gun/Turret Mounts: 0/9
Base Armor: 115000
Cargo Space: 2900
Power Output: 6000/70000
Batteries/NanoBots: 450/450
Impulse Speed: 100
Cruise Speed: 350
Equipment Mounts: CM CD
Max Useful Turrets: 5

Difference

Guns: -1 gun
Armor: - 30,000 hull
Cargo Space: +150
Power Output: ~~~
Bats/Bots: -150
Impulse Speed: ~~~
Cruise Speed ~~~
Equipment Mounts: +1 CD
Max Useful Turrets: +1

My Review: Over all it seems like it has some goods and bads which can both be leveled with the argument "Their unlawful".

So thoughts on this? Would like a Devs PoV on this

Edit: This of course could be added to the Unlawfuls being added in the update's miner options

RE: The Ore mining review. - Echo 7-7 - 11-05-2014

(11-05-2014, 05:32 AM)Vulkhard Muller Wrote: ...

You can already mine Ore with a Hessian or Molly PTrans... if you use regular turrets on lawful player miners.

RE: The Ore mining review. - Murcielago - 11-05-2014

(11-05-2014, 05:40 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote:
(11-05-2014, 05:32 AM)Vulkhard Muller Wrote: ...

You can already mine Ore with a Hessian or Molly PTrans... if you use regular turrets on lawful player miners.

How true ^^.
But you need aditional player for that don't you?

RE: The Ore mining review. - Dane Summers - 11-10-2014

If it was still relevant...

I would suggest turning on the Iridium Field in Kansas, and giving CR a mining bonus for it.

However, CR isn't really active anymore

And I have no idea what the sell point for Iridium is (nor where its apparently mined, but I'm guessing Delta)

But this was something I wanted way back in 86.

However, I would also suggest giving Zoners a slight mining bonus for Iridium, to give them something to mine. Whether its in the Omicrons or Kansas.

RE: The Ore mining review. - Gypsie Skripto - 11-16-2014

Hey Echo, I was checking the mining review doc and I noticed GMG and Outcasts will be getting for alien organisms a x2 bonus while Samura gets x3. Aren't Planetform and Cryer going to get some bonus too? I understand that the doc is a work in progress so that's why I ask.