Discovery Gaming Community
Lack of a Gallic Intelligence ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Lack of a Gallic Intelligence ID (/showthread.php?tid=120160)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Lack of a Gallic Intelligence ID - Sabru - 09-05-2014

Im wondering, why isnt there a Gallic intelligence ID similar to the existing house intel IDs?

Discuss.

RE: Lack of a Gallic Intelligence ID - Euca - 09-05-2014

I think I've asked this before, and I think the answer was something along the lines of "The ONI (Gallic Intelligence) is a sub-division of the GRN."

But it'd be best to summon someone to give us a better answer Confused

RE: Lack of a Gallic Intelligence ID - Sabru - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 07:58 AM)Wulverine Wrote: "The ONI (Gallic Intelligence) is a sub-division of the GRN."

So, Who says there isnt some shadowy rival agency to compete with ONI. considering all the stuff that could be investigated, i doubt ONI could do it all. being the Office of Naval Intelligence, imo they'd probably focus on the militaries of their enemies (council, bret, liberty, Outcasts) which would leave a big gap.

RE: Lack of a Gallic Intelligence ID - Euca - 09-05-2014

That'd be interesting. But what else would they cover that the ONI couldn't? The Nomads, sure, but what else?

RE: Lack of a Gallic Intelligence ID - Mímir - 09-05-2014

no one to play all those id's.

they should just merge the police one into a grn id too and make the description of the ID a little wider, so people could play different factions - like the outcasts.

RE: Lack of a Gallic Intelligence ID - Thyrzul - 09-05-2014

That could also apply to all lawful IDs actually, not just the Gallic ones.

RE: Lack of a Gallic Intelligence ID - Echo 7-7 - 09-05-2014

Adding an ID... not too difficult. Adding a NPC faction/IFF? A lot more work.

Why isn't there just an ID already? Not enough demand, probably.

RE: Lack of a Gallic Intelligence ID - Thyrzul - 09-05-2014

Not enough demand? To my knowledge it has already been requrested by GRN folks.

RE: Lack of a Gallic Intelligence ID - Sabru - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 08:55 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: Adding an ID... not too difficult. Adding a NPC faction/IFF? A lot more work.

I'm not suggesting a whole NPC faction/IFF should be added. but having an actual ID for people who want to play it, would be nice.

(09-05-2014, 08:59 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: Not enough demand? To my knowledge it has already been requrested by GRN folks.
That's what i've heard as well.

RE: Lack of a Gallic Intelligence ID - Echo 7-7 - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 09:04 AM)Sabre Wrote:
(09-05-2014, 08:55 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: Adding an ID... not too difficult. Adding a NPC faction/IFF? A lot more work.

I'm not suggesting a whole NPC faction/IFF should be added. but having an actual ID for people who want to play it, would be nice.

(09-05-2014, 08:59 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: Not enough demand? To my knowledge it has already been requrested by GRN folks.
That's what i've heard as well.

If the request was denied, then it was probably deemed superfluous, or the Admins would prefer that Gallic lawfuls stick to the existing IDs (which is understandable, given the number of Gallic factions and their slim populations).