Discovery Gaming Community
Metagaming a Wild - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Metagaming a Wild (/showthread.php?tid=120188)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Metagaming a Wild - TheSauron - 09-05-2014

I've been wondering about this for some time and I've decided to ask here.

I often see people RPing with a Wild as they wouldn't know he's infected. While I know that this is how it is supposed to happen, but I find it silly that other people don't really notice (inRP ofc) the load of nomad guns, nomad shield, nomad thruster, nomad munitions, etc.

My point is: Is recognising an "undercover" Wild loaded with all this nomad stuff a metagaming?

RE: Metagaming a Wild - Gypsie Skripto - 09-05-2014

Well if your char has inRP knowledge about nomad tech, no, it´s not metagaming. If your char doesn´t then at least if he´s smart something will look odd. I´ve encountered and interacted with Wilde some five times since I joined in 2009, and only one of those encounters resulted in PVP, so I´d say just make your character play along Tongue

RE: Metagaming a Wild - Stone21 - 09-05-2014

Of course it's not metagaming, not everyone plays "I'm blind" around here.

RE: Metagaming a Wild - Zayne Carrick - 09-05-2014

If you see ship, which bears only Wilde ID, no tag, no nomad equipment, then it's OK to be "blind".
In all other cases you can tell infectee to narrate his stories to someone else.

(09-05-2014, 08:28 PM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: If you see ship, which bears only Wilde ID, no tag, no nomad equipment, then it's OK to be "blind".
In all other cases you can tell infectee to tell his stories to someone else.

Agreed Smile

RE: Metagaming a Wild - Technogeist - 09-05-2014

Well you know, I saw a D9 guy the other day on my Rheinland Police character. On one hand, I saw Wilde (presumably unknown) papers (ID), unknown IFF, and a load of exotic gear. On the other hand, I didn't know if I was supposed to be able to notice this, despite IDs and IFFs and ship gear being inRP. In the end I decided to just let him continue his RP with some other guy and left instead of making anything out of it. Too unsure to question it. If I was sure I would for certain have questioned him, being an RFP indie. Scribbles don't count as license plates! Tongue

(09-05-2014, 08:32 PM)Technogeist Wrote: Well you know, I saw a D9 guy the other day on my Rheinland Police character. On one hand, I saw Wilde (presumably unknown) papers (ID), unknown IFF, and a load of exotic gear. On the other hand, I didn't know if I was supposed to be able to notice this, despite IDs and IFFs and ship gear being inRP. In the end I decided to just let him continue his RP with some other guy and left instead of making anything out of it. Too unsure to question it. If I was sure I would for certain have questioned him, being an RFP indie. Scribbles don't count as license plates! Tongue

The original game developers added the ship scanner for a reason don't you think? Even NPCs scan your ship and go crazy if they see contraband for example. My opinion is that if you have a scanner you are supposed to be able to notice everything on his ship. If not..why the hell don't we remove ship scanning because it's "out of rep." to scan player ships around and act different after seeing that your friend is "purple".

RE: Metagaming a Wild - Remnant - 09-05-2014

Well quite frankly, the Nomads aren't supposed to be general knowledge either really. Not everyone knows the guarded secrets and can understand what they're looking at in a scan.

I suppose it all depends on situation.

RE: Metagaming a Wild - Evo - 09-05-2014

What I go by on my characters: Unless I'm Order or have previous encounters with infectees using the same equipment, I don't know what that fancy rich people stuff is.

What I frequently RP as an infectee: New prototype gear designed by -insert faction here- I'm test driving for -insert reason here- or some other thing along those lines. Most of the gear we have is just that cosmetic thing we fly to make us feel like we're actually flying an infectee.

You should feel as though something is off but not instantly go AMG NOMAD or hybridized equipment would be silly. The entire purpose of an infected individual is for infiltration coupled with the odd cloak and dagger strikes.

RE: Metagaming a Wild - An'shur - 09-05-2014

Question: Can I attack Wild ships when they uses nomad talk? Is it clear sign of being possessed by nomad incubi?