Discovery Gaming Community
To: Doctor John Henry Holiday - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Doctor John Henry Holiday (/showthread.php?tid=120782)

To: Doctor John Henry Holiday - AlphaWolf215 - 09-18-2014

On the video feed, you see a pristine bridge, likely that of a liner, but filled with the most advanced technology you can easily get your hands on. Arround the captains platform, there are multiple stations, Guardians sitting at them. Sitting within the raised section is Joseph Wolf. You met him briefly at the summit before everyone dispersed, and had not heard from him since, yet here he was, sitting in the video feed before you. He took a sip of his drink, before standing and lowering his head respectfully towards the camera

Doctor John Henry Holiday. Doctor, saviour, and above all, family man, that's my favourite part. But these are just legends, and as I briefly said to you before Doc, you are a legend amongst the stars. But legends become distorted, they hide the truth, and that's what I want to know about you Doctor Holiday, the truth. The man behind the legends, and do you truly view yourself this way...

He pauses to take a sip of the liqueur in his glass, before standing bolt upright, and spinning back towards the screen

Please do forgive me, I seem to have forgotten my manners. My name is Joseph Wolf, a senior Councilman of the Solar Runners, and a strong family man at heart. The runners are my family here, and I'm sure they all feel the same. We are a very tight knit group, dedicated to exploring, learning, and aiding those who cannot help themselves. But this is not about me. What I am trying to ask, through my un-ending rambling, is whether you would be willing to join me for a drink, and a chat, so I may learn more about whom you truly are, so you may learn about the Runners, and so we may, perhaps, begin to call you a friend.

I hope my rambling hasn't gone to long to lose your interest, but please let me know how you feel towards this, and what your favourite drink is. From there, we can arrange a meeting hopefully. Awaiting your reply,

Councilman Joseph Wolf
Secretary of Fleets and Diplomatic Affairs
Solar Runners

He finishes by raising his glass to the screen, once more in respect. The screen fades to black, but the channel remains open

RE: To: Doctor John Henry Holiday - Doc Holliday - 09-19-2014

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: Dr. John Henry Holliday
To: Councilman Joseph Wolf

Greetings, Councilman,

I will ignore your comments about legends. If I am a legend, it is in people's minds.
Anyway, if you would like to get together over a drink and possibly build a friendship, I think that can be arranged. Let me know where and I will fit a meeting into my schedule.

Regards,
Dr. John Henry Holliday
CEO, Med Force Enterprises

RE: To: Doctor John Henry Holiday - AlphaWolf215 - 09-21-2014

Joseph seems to like what he's hearing. A man defined not by his legends, but by his own, true, actions. Honourable in its own right. Definitely someone Joseph wanted to learn more about

Doctor Holiday,

Please, understand that all I have to go on is the legends I have heard. Perhaps you can explain who you truly are when we meet. But where to meet, perhaps aboard my liner, the "Inevitable".

It appears to be a pilgrim class, but that's just the hull. We found it floating, junk, but I accepted it as a challenge, to begin from the ground up. I am proud to call it a part of my work. What I'm saying, and forgive me for rambling once more, is the past of the Pilgrim class should not lead you to believe such monstrosities about my own vessel.

Now, that's the meeting place, location... I'm currently in the Cambridge sector. Perhaps we should meet half way? I'd also say as soon as we can, and please, tell me a drink to get you, i'll grab it along the way.

I hope to hear from you soon Doc,

Councilman Joseph Wolf
Secretary of Fleets and Diplomatic Affairs
Solar Runners

He takes a sip of his whiskey, placing the glass back on the arm of the captains chair. He turns back to the crew, clearly assigning them to stations to prepare for flight

RE: To: Doctor John Henry Holiday - Doc Holliday - 09-22-2014

Greetings, Councilman,

Sometimes I think that people talk too much. I'll be curious to hear what you have been hearing.
I think meeting on your ship will be acceptable. I'll be curious to see what you have done with this liner of yours as one of my latest hobbies has become ship engineering. I have much to learn.
I'll come out to Cambridge. Once we finish our meeting, I can lecture at Cambridge Medical Institute. It's a past time of mine.
I look forward to meeting you.

Dr. John Henry Holliday
CEO, Med Force Enterprises