Discovery Gaming Community
To: Ageira~ | From: Rheinland Federal Polizei | Subj: Transportation of diamonds - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Ageira~ | From: Rheinland Federal Polizei | Subj: Transportation of diamonds (/showthread.php?tid=121085)

To: Ageira~ | From: Rheinland Federal Polizei | Subj: Transportation of diamonds - Laura C. - 09-27-2014

[Image: RFPHeader1.png]

[Image: Laura_Carsten9.jpg]

PRIORITY: High
ENCRYPTION: Medium
IDENTIFICATION: RFP Polizeidirektor Laura Carsten
SOURCE: RFP Direktorium Büros, Bonn station
SUBJECT: Clarification about transportation of diamonds

Guten tag, representative of Ageira Technologies. My name is Laura Carsten and I´m Polizeidirektor of Rheinland Federal Polizei. I´m contacting you to clarify ein possible...misunderstanding. I was recently preparing reports and came again over record of one of my patrols where I met and checked one of your ships in Hamburg system. It was carrying diamonds and certain mistake happened there. Just to get you in picture about the situation, hier are scans and record of our communication...

LOADING DATA ATTACHMENT
1 2
Now to what is the problem. The mistake I mentioned was my mistake when I let your ship continue through the Rheinland border with Liberty. I apologize for that, but we had very busy time since there was a smuggler moving in Hamburg system and also some medical emergency, as you can see in the record. Too much issues which needed my attention and time pressure caused I let your ship by mistake to violate Rheinland laws.

Now let me explain the misunderstanding so it won´t happen again. Your captain properly pointed out to paragraph 2.1.4. of Article Three of Rheinland laws. This paragraph allows Ageira Technologies to transport diamonds bought at Solarius station in Rheinland space. However, it doesn´t allow your corporation to transport them through trade embargo on border with Liberty. Goods which Ageira is allowed to transport through Liberty border is listed in paragraph 1.1. of same article and diamonds are not on the list.

So what paragraph 2.1.4. does is simply allowing your corporation to transport diamonds from Solarius within Rheinland space and out of it in all directions except the border with Liberty.

Please take this message as simple explanation in order to prevent any problems and law violations in future. Since it was my duty to stop intention of your captain to cross the Liberty border, no punishment is issued.

I hope I explained everything clear enough. If not, feel free to ask. Polizeidirektor Carsten out.

END OF THE MESSAGE

To: Laura Carsten, RFP Polizeidirektor - John White - 09-27-2014

[Image: S11qWva.png]

To: Laura Carsten, RFP Polizeidirektor

Dear Ms. Carsten,

It would seem that we have different understanding of Rheinland laws. Perhaps this is a perfect opportunity to finally discuss the possibility of law revision regarding Ageira Technologies exceptions to allow proper wording of specific laws in order to prevent misinterpretation from any of the sides.

Ageira Innovations has been founded around six months ago and we started distributing our products to all Sirius' houses. We delivered hundreds of thousands of Jump Gate and Trade Lane Parts to Rheinland and almost everytime we brought Diamonds to Trenton Oupost, where they are used to manufactute premium Industrial Hardware and Materials that we ship to Pueblo Station, the only station where our prized parts are manufactured.

We have been stopped by a number of Rheinland agents, officers and servicemen with those Diamonds and each time we were questioned of their origin and destination. We complied with questioned and always told the truth with the additional quote of the §2.1.4. exception. Neither of those times have we been told that this is against the laws or that we misunderstood the meaning behind the exception and we were always allowed to pass. This includes all official branches of Rheinland Law Enforcement.

Now, it would seem that after six months of our continous presence in Rheinland, You wish to explain that all this time we were acting against the laws of Your Federal Republic, yet noone during half of the year managed to notice this illegal activity and notify us about this to cease our transports from transporting Diamonds to Liberty.

Now allow me to explain how did we came to such interpretation that we can ship Diamonds to Liberty.

Article Three clearly states that no commodities are to pass to Liberty via Hamburg-Texas connection but it also clearly states that exceptions are made for certain list of corporations and commodities. However, right there, paragraph §2. states that unless otherwise specified, those exceptions apply when hauling those specific goods within and out of Rheinland. Next exception is §2.1.1. which clearly states that Ageira Technologies may transport ore mined by Daumann only to Bretonia or Kusari, which perfectly clearly does not permit shipping it directly to Liberty. However, §2.1.4. exception lacks this clarification and thus leaves Ageira with understanding that exporting Diamonds to Liberty is not prohibited. If it were, the same "to Bretonia or Kusari only" phrase would have been added.

Further more, our heavily armored and armed fleet of Bisons are brining valuable and otherwise unobtainable product to your Republic so that your Jump Gates and Trade Lanes could be functional so that Rheinland denizens could travel beyond speed of light. And for that, we need Diamonds so we could transport top notch quality parts to your Republic. If that is however not what you wish for Ageira Technologies to do, we can cease our harmless shipping operations in Rheinland completely, however, the consequences of this might leave some parts of Jump Gate and Trade Lane network malfunctioned and in no condition to be used safely due to lack of maintenance and substitutional parts.

Sincerely,

John White,
Chief Executive Officer,
Ageira Innovations
[Image: fZqZyxc.png]

RE: To: Ageira~ | From: Rheinland Federal Polizei | Subj: Transportation of diamonds - Laura C. - 09-28-2014

[Image: Laura_Carsten9.jpg]

ENCRYPTION: Medium
IDENTIFICATION: RFP Polizeidirektor Laura Carsten
SOURCE: RFP Direktorium Büros, Bonn station

Guten Tag, Chief Executive Officer White. First of all, we are not speaking hier about any banning of diamonds transportation by Ageira corporation, ja? What is issue hier is if laws allow your company to transport them through border with Liberty and thus if trade embargo doesn´t apply in this case.

Even if the conclusion would be that Ageira can´t transport diamonds through this border, your company is still allowed to transport diamonds to Kusari or Bretonia and reach Liberty this way. Maybe this could sound crazy to you...and I would understand you...but polizei forces are not hier to judge if laws are made according to common sense. They are here to enforce them. We cant say "let´s ignore this because it makes no sense".

Let me say that this whole issue is result of two reasons - lawyers and unfortunate wording. I guess that as top businessman you know lawyers very well. There exists quite famous proverb which says that three lawyers can make even four interpretations of laws. And it´s true that wording of that part of Rheinland laws leaves some space for misinterpretation, or as those lawyers say - different interpretations.

I can´t say that interpretation you provided is wrong. That´s for lawyers to argue about. But what matters is which interpretation is taken as the valid one. And because possible violation would be judged by Rheinland polizei and Rheinland courts, it´s Rheinland interpretation that counts.

I´m actually not surprised that you were allowed to pass by other officers in the past, be it from polizei or military. After last major change of Rheinland laws, which happened less than year ago, this problematic part was discussed many times and the interpretation changed more than once. However, current valid interpretation which I used and have to use is the recent one from Bundestag Law Commission. That´s why we are talking now about problems which may appear in future, and why we are not talking about what happened in the past.

Once again, there is no intention to harm Ageira corporation. But while we understand you, we have to follow and enforce Rheinland laws. We are trying to help you to avoid possible problem. So I will now try to be little more constructive. I recommend you two things to prevent any problems and also solve the situation:

First - I recommend you to not transport diamonds through Rheinland-Liberty border until this issue will be solved. Second - I recommend you to solve this problem by contacting the Rheinland government and asking to add dimamonds into Ageira exception list in paragraph 1.1. of Article Three. Then there will be no doubts if Ageira is or isn´t allowed to ship diamonds through Liberty border without violating trade embargo.

By the way there is even another reason why you should do that. As far as I know, Rheinland laws will get some changes in near future and problematic parts of Article Three should be part of these changes. And trade embargo exceptions will be very likely only in paragraph 1 so what will count is the list which Ageira has there and where diamonds are not mentioned at the moment. The sooner they will be added hier, the better for your corporation in general.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, polizeidirektor Carsten out.

END OF THE MESSAGE

To: Laura Carsten, RFP Polizeidirektor - Edison Lawrence - 09-29-2014

[Image: RXuYmIN.png]

To: Laura Carsten, RFP Polizeidirektor

Sehr geehrter Frau Carsten,

As a managing director of Ageira Innovation's Legal Department I have been asked to analyse this issue. Let me first project all the paragraphs that are of interest to us, so it will be easier for me to explain our reasoning.

Article Three: Trade regulations
§1. Rheinland declares a trade embargo against Liberty. No traders are to leave Hamburg to the border systems when coming from Rheinland core space. This declaration is governed by the following exceptions:
§1.1. Ageira hauling any of following goods: Niobium, Silver, Platinum, Iridium, Polymers, Basic Consumer Goods excluding whips, chains and liquid latex, Luxury Consumer Goods, Wine, Tobacco, Food Rations, Water, Pharmaceuticals, Oxygen, Holo-tainment Bands, Gate or Trade Lane Parts.
§2. The above regulations applying to Ageira, DSE, and Cryer are valid for the entirety of Rheinland unless otherwise specified, which means the above corporations are only allowed to haul these goods legally within and out of Rheinland.
§2.1.1. Ageira vessels hauling Daumann (DHC-) mined ore to Bretonia or Kusari only.
§2.1.4. Ageira vessels hauling cobalt and copper from Briesen Mining Facility, aluminium from Raubling station, and diamonds from Solarius station.

The core of Article Three is defined in paragraph §1, but having in mind that everything which is not forbidden is allowed and fundamental principle nulla poena sine lege it allows exports to Liberty through borders with Bretonia and Kusari. Therefore, Ageira Innovations, as any other entity not banned from Rheinland space, can export any non-licensed and not explicitly forbidden goods to Liberty through Bretonia or Kusari borders, even if they are not listed in paragraph §1.1. I hope that there were no doubts about it whatsoever.

Furthermore, ex simple a fortiori, specifically a maiori ad minus paragraph §2.1.1 is redundant, as it is an exception to the paragraph §1, but covers a scenario that is outside of its scope. If you are allowed more, you are certainly allowed less. Also please note, that paragraph §2.1.1 concerns only mined ores, which means it does not affect any trade of Diamonds or Uncut Diamonds whatsoever.

Now let me get to the paragraph §2.1.4, which is not connected in any way with paragraph §2.1.1. There is no way to inference legislator's will that cobalt, copper, aluminium and diamonds are to be exported only through Bretonia and Kusari borders. Therefore, through paragraph §2 we inference that paragraph §2.1.4 is eo ipso an additional exemption to paragraph §1 which leaves little room for interpretation. Let me just read paragraph $1 and $2.1.4 together.

Rheinland declares a trade embargo against Liberty. No traders are to leave Hamburg to the border systems when coming from Rheinland core space. This declaration is governed by the following exceptions: Ageira vessels hauling cobalt and copper from Briesen Mining Facility, aluminium from Raubling station, and diamonds from Solarius station.

If it wasn't enough, the sheer fact that we were allowed to export Diamonds through Liberty border for a half year begs for desuetude. But this is just a side note. We are more than sure that any court in Rheinland would have to accept our reasoning and interpretation of Rheinland laws in their current state and agree that our shipments of Diamonds to Liberty were legal.

However, in order to express our goodwill we promise to alter our shipment schedule in a way that Diamond exports are rerouted through Bretonia. Nonetheless, we would like to start official inquiry to the Republic of Rheinland and offer help of our Legal Department in new legislation endeavor. While we understand that it is completely beyond your jurisdiction, we are sure that a good word from RFP Direktorium Büro would be incredibly important.

Can we ask you, Frau Carsten, for this favor?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Edison Lawrence,
Managing Director of Legal Department,
Ageira Innovations
[Image: fZqZyxc.png]

RE: To: Ageira~ | From: Rheinland Federal Polizei | Subj: Transportation of diamonds - SMI-Great.Fox - 10-01-2014

[Image: 2ed075d.jpg]
ENCRYPTION: Low
IDENTIFICATION: Inspekteur Daniel Artura
SOURCE: Nibelung Polizei Plaza, Planet New Berlin
COPY TO: Personal Datapad
SUBJECT: "Sooo Many Diamonds!"

DIrecetor Lawrence,

While your choice of words is... commendable... You're lucky my wife does not hold precedence upon my rank. She'd have made you chew on a grenade for while. Regardless. I will be taking over on these talks as it seems I am needed to step in.

Director. What Ageira has simply found, is a loophole. And like all loopholes, they can be exploited to achieve another goal that originally could not. Therefore like all loopholes, this will be closed.

Until further notice, I am administering action of suspending Article §2.1.4. under jurisdiction of the Federal Polizei of Rheinland. All Aegira Cargo found loaded with Diamonds will be subject to cargo removal and fined the minimal penalty of .5 million EC per Thousand units aboard.

I will be expecting you to disagree with this notion fullheartedly. Doing so will allow us to finally make changes to the law as you so wordfully put so this matter can be fixed and our lives to return to normality.

Please enjoy the rest of your day.

Inspekteur Daniel Artura
Bundespolizei Rheinland

[Image: RFPFooter1.png]