Discovery Gaming Community
Feasible or not? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Feasible or not? (/showthread.php?tid=12131)

Pages: 1 2

Feasible or not? - looqas - 09-15-2008

I've been toying about the idea of setting up a camera ship. I'd use it to map Sirius and take photos of Sirius for the Wiki. Also it could serve as a video camcorder as well.

The RP behind is a hydrid of explorer/photographer like a Natural Geographic reporter. I'd like it to be neutral to all parties (not the nomads. guards or wild though).

What I have gathered is that camera ship is sold at BS Isis. Are there any other places? I remember vaguely hearing New Berlin as well...

What would be the best avenue to reach neutral status? I'm not going to start a shooting, but bribes mainly... And definitely I would have to apply Civ ID for it in Igiss' thread...

I know Hyung has a reporter of sorts among his chars, so this is not a rip off...

Comments for and against? The floor is yours.

Feasible or not? - n00bl3t - 09-15-2008

Write up the RP and then apply. (Mwerte made an RP thread about being a reporter as well, so checking that might help you write your RP.)

Good luck.

Feasible or not? - Srkad - 09-15-2008

Theres no reason why you cant...

Feasible or not? - Gabrielle - 09-15-2008

With a little work you can become neutral with all the factions, exception being Guard factions, Nomads, Wilde and Admins.
You can request a Neutral ID from the Admins but you need a very good role play story in place first
and even then it will be hard getting aproval.

Feasible or not? - chovynz - 09-15-2008

Looqas, my reporter is dead so go for it. (even if he was alive id say go for it too.)
You can get as much pics as you can normally, and I can fill in the parts you've missed with my angels char.

Or if you go for the neutral ID and get it, I'd say a hearty congratz!:)

If you really want to do the National Geographic angle (if its just to get pics for teh wiki) maybe you could I dunno... get contracts to photograph certain battles or follow a group for a week or something? Do actual articles on the life expectancy of a corsair pilot? A week in the life of Benitaz? What about Elder or Don councils?

As far as Im aware the camera ship is only sold on BS Isis.

Secondary note: I actually found its quite boring to go around with a neutral ID. Yeah I know it gets the job done, but I find being able to ask and RP my way into a place to be more fun that just cruising in "because I have a neutral ID" if you know what I mean. If you went for the Nat Geo angle you might like a Freelancer ID instead? Just something to think about.

Hyung. Good ideas there you got.

No, neutral ID would be a bit boring and unfair.

Mostly my reasoning goes like this. I've left so many interesting places uncovered and I'd like to go exploring. BUT since I know that pure exploring is pretty boring I try to blend work and fun. One good aspect is that wiki needs pics and I need, from time to time, a camcorder ship.

Plus making it a reporter would give opportunities to RP with different kind of people. That's why Civilian ID comes to my mind (freelancer might also be good).

The article series sounds very intriguing.

I'll have to see what I can make of this.

Oh, one more thing before I even start with this is. How to make a new account? I want to keep this separate since I might loan the camcorder sometimes.

Feasible or not? - Elvin - 09-15-2008

I cant see any RP reason why you should be neutral with Wilds... do you really belive that those who want to destroy humanity want to share the sights with NG reporter?:D

' Wrote:I cant see any RP reason why you should be neutral with Wilds... do you really belive that those who want to destroy humanity want to share the sights with NG reporter?:D

huh?

I think I mentioned that I did intend to be red to those dangerous beasts (Nomads, wild, guards and admins) .

Feasible or not? - Elvin - 09-15-2008

Sorry, I was reading too fast and seen it like " Hostitele to nomads, not Guards and Wild though " Sorry:)

Feasible or not? - MB52 - 09-15-2008

Sure why not.. but I think you should not use a camera ship.. its an OORP tool for taking videos of fleet battles.. etc..

Maybe you can use a non-perma cloaked ship for the same purpose?