Discovery Gaming Community
Ship's Log *name classified by the LSF* - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Ship's Log *name classified by the LSF* (/showthread.php?tid=1215)

Pages: 1 2 3

Ship's Log *name classified by the LSF* - marauder - 09-10-2006

Several hours later, the cruiser hadn't moved. The robots continued their tasks, endlessly maintaining the ship and it's systems. The construction machinery had finished it's task of increasing the ships armour, it now had nearly twice the usual amount for a ship of it's class.

Ship's Log *name classified by the LSF* - Lightfoot - 09-10-2006

Aboard the [ELF]Eris_Ascendant:

::: Mal sits back in his command chair, and lights up a Kallisti Gold. :::

"Nice job on the delivery, Dis. You pulled that ship along like a poodle on a leash. D'ya think those metal-heads on board will understand the "Principia" any better than the primates around here have..?"

*Not sure, Mal. But, at least the seed has been planted. Chaos is probably such a foreign concept to the "normal" computer brain, that it may just end up putting all those tin cans into an endless feedback loop. The F-23's were specifically designed to handle the concept. The love it! But "Joe Robot"..? Just don't know...*

"Well, continue to monitor the situation, Dis. If it doesn't result in any serious "Chao-wobble, then no harm done. And the results may just surprise us!"

*You're the 'Piskopos, Mal.*

Ship's Log *name classified by the LSF* - marauder - 09-10-2006

The cruiser continued to sit silently between the ice clouds. The robots continued their tasks and nothing seemed to be happening...

Several days later the turrets re-activated and started to destroy the junker ships that had been parked outside trying to break into the ship.

It then cruised towards the barrier ice cloud and was soon swallowed by it. After a few hours of mapping the cloud it returned to the lane hacker base and moored, although the cruiser never opened it's hatches or allowed anyone onboard, it did hack into several robots on the base and then sent them on special errands.

Ship's Log *name classified by the LSF* - Lightfoot - 09-11-2006

marauder,Sep 10 2006, 03:41 PM Wrote:The Dreadnought continued to sit silently between the ice clouds. The robots continued their tasks and nothing seemed to be happening...

Several days later the turrets re-activated and started to destroy the junker ships that had been parked outside trying to break into the ship.

It then cruised towards the barrier ice cloud and was soon swallowed by it. After a few hours of mapping the cloud it returned to the lane hacker base and moored, although the dreadnought never opened it's hatches or allowed anyone onboard, it did hack into several robots on the base and then sent them on special errands.

[snapback]35707[/snapback]

Message to: Unknown Ship off Mactan
Comm ID: F-23 Dis aboard [ELF]Eris_Ascendant

*Attention: This is Mark-23 F.N.O.R.D. Ship's systems unit Discordia, hailing unknown ship. We are the ship responsible for delivering the hardcopy to you. We are requesting an update on your current ship's status. Who's in charge over there??*

"Unknown ship. This is Malaclypse 666, commanding Eris_Ascendant. If there are humans left aboard that ship, I am offering you transfer to and safe haven aboard the "Eris". Please advise on open Comms. We will also monitor Emergency frequencies. Please respond."

*Well, Mal... guess now we just wait...*

"Right, Dis. Whatever happened on that monster, we may never know unless we send over a boarding party. If we get any response from the metal-heads, I suppose we could offer them an F-23 transponder to facilitate communications; but other than that.... a little pinochle while we wait?"

Ship's Log *name classified by the LSF* - marauder - 09-11-2006

*Hailing F-23 unit Discordia. This is prototype organic CPU A843957-G. Ship status is A-OK.*

"To indivual named Malaclypse 666. There are no humans aboard. Your offer to transfer make them safe is gratefully received. The hardcopy item you dropped is most interesting, can you supply more information?" An eerie electronic voice replied.

marauder,Sep 11 2006, 12:50 PM Wrote:*Hailing F-23 unit Discordia. This is prototype organic CPU A843957-G. Ship status is A-OK.*

*Well, Mal, we have a response of sorts. I suggest we pull a Mark-23 out of storage, and send it over on a shuttle. If this "organic" CPU is curious enough, maybe it will install and interface with the F-unit out of curiousity*

Quote:"To indivual named Malaclypse 666. There are no humans aboard. Your offer to transfer make them safe is gratefully received. The hardcopy item you dropped is most interesting, can you supply more information?" An eerie electronic voice replied.
[snapback]35879[/snapback]

"I think that's a plan, Dis. Make sure the F-unit has all the data on our Beloved Boss from the old days, and give it just enough of our current status to satisfy "its" curiousity. It's apparent that "it" is in charge over there. Whatever happened to the human crew is a moot point right now. We're dealing with an entirely new wrinkle, here. I think You should handle any further communications from this point on. And see if the bloody CPU has any other moniker... A843957-G just doesn't inspire the urge to chat..."

*Roger, Mal. Shuttle loaded and proceeding towards the Dreadnaught. If it indeed interfaces, I may be able to get a peek into its circuits so we'll have a better feel for what we're dealing with*

Message to: CPU A843957-G
Comm ID: F-23 Discordia

Subject: Supplemental Data, Erisian Liberation Front

*The information you have requested is currently enroute by shuttle to your location. For best data transfer, recommend you install module upon receipt. Also, request permission to conduct diagnostics once unit is installed. You may call the F-Unit "Samantha". ...Do you have a "name"?*

Message ends....

Ship's Log *name classified by the LSF* - marauder - 09-11-2006

*Thank you, Your shuttle's crew must stay aboard their ship. A robot will enter the shuttle's cargo hold and remove the F-23 unit, the unit will be inspected before installation. You may conduct the diagnostics once it has been installed. My name is A843957-G.*

Aboard [ELF]Eris_Ascendant
Magellan System

"Damn it, Dis, you finessed my last spade Queen just like you knew it was there! I suppose you've got all the bloody trump now!"

*You might as well throw it in, Mal. When it comes to counting trump, you're still an "Egg". Oh, by the way, "A843957-G" has already begun installation of "Samantha", but it's giving her a pretty thorough "going-over" in the process. Whatever events caused it to go rogue and take over the ship has also given it a bit of healthy paranoia. I'll have to be very discreet when Sammy starts sending us log data, and I suggest that we let Sammy lie low until some of the puzzle pieces get back to us.*

"Right as always, Dis. And this time, I deal the cards!" I hope "A843957-G" is into games. A decent game of pinochle requires at least three players..."

Ship's Log *name classified by the LSF* - marauder - 09-23-2006

***OOC***

Due to the server wipe (and the massively increased cost of getting a BS) Catch_23 is now a liberty cruiser, so don't worry, it's not a typo.

I have gone through the other posts and edited them all, changing it from dreadnought to cruiser and making sure that theres no power-gaming.

Now because this is an RP server the [ELF]Catch_23 will only be responding to system chat, group invites and (bloody stupid) questions from other ships with the [ELF] tag.

Anyone else will be ignored, or if you bug me enough, get shot at.

If I get system/private messages from the same person, asking daft (read: utterly stupid) questions, I will be taking screenies and posting them as proof of harrassment.

If you have a problem with this, tough, I don't want to know so don't talk to me.

Ship's Log *name classified by the LSF* - Malaclypse 666 - 09-24-2006

Message to: F-23 Samantha/Cyber-entity A843957-G
Comm ID: F-23 Discordia

*Hi Gals! Dis here.*

*Don't fret. We're all suffering from cramped conditions and rampant Sector-wide inflation. We'll get through it.

*And I understand fully your "comms lock-down" for the present. Too many internal details to iron out without worrying about half the other folk out there. That will hopefully be addressed to a degree by your Mark-23 Transponder... If the person who hails you isn't spinnin' one, then "condition yellow" is definitely the wisest choice.*

*Awaiting breathlessly further news 'n events from your end. Either here, or directly over the F.N.O.R.D. Net.*

*...and Mal wants to know if you play pinochle. We know where the organic brain's priorities lay, eh?*

Smooches,
F-23 Discordia, aboard [ELF]Eris_Ascendant