Discovery Gaming Community
Kusari destroyer - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Kusari destroyer (/showthread.php?tid=1217)

Kusari destroyer - Titus - 06-26-2006

Ummm i bought recently a Kusari destroyer and i noticed that it has 4 class 2 turrets, instead of having all of them class 10. Why? :unsure:

Kusari destroyer - Badger - 06-26-2006

Yeah I was also puzzled about this... I just took it as gospel not having flown a Destroyer before. At first I tried mounting chainguns on there but doing damage to anything but the lightest fighter is pretty futile with those. Then I thought stunpulses but they also do pitiful damage, less than the shield damage inflicted by a standard transport turret.

At the moment I actually have small transport turrets loaded onto it from my old Prison Liner, though they look horribly out of place and are technically illegal, I can't see any worthwhile alternative. Especially when these are the turret mounts that defend most of the ship, as the front mounts are restricted to about 90 degrees.

Are all mounts lvl10 on all other Cruisers, or is this supposed to be the Achilles heel of the Destroyer?

Kusari destroyer - marauder - 06-26-2006

The lvl 2 mounts are from when the destroyer, or whatever ship has them, had more turrets.

I'm not sure why but they were needed to drop the turret number, I think.

Kusari destroyer - Badger - 06-26-2006

Oh, that I did not know. Annoying that those were the turrets chosen to be dropped when the "Destroyer Defence" turrets can only fire forward which is practically useless against players.

I guess I'll stop cheating and change back to stunpulses then. ;0)

Kusari destroyer - Drax[Trader] - 06-26-2006

At other mods they managed to get all normal and even the right models for the different turrets Wold be cool if the mod nakers ask the other modders to help with the turrets :P

Kusari destroyer - Dab - 06-26-2006

No its that the Destroyer had more turrets than we wanted. Not that they were a wrong model or anything. But we balanced out the turret numbers as the ones with alot of turrets were doing too much damage. Though I do think one of the rear turrets needs changed to lvl 10 and take one of the forward turrets to 2. Since a fighter can get behind you and just keep shooting until you die. Even a GB can, Jamez did it and I had no chance against his GB because I couldn't shoot back with anything but lvl 2 chainguns.

Kusari destroyer - [SF]Just_Josh - 06-26-2006

erm ya, thats why i hated that ship, and droped it as the flagship

Kusari destroyer - Korrd - 06-26-2006

Originally, the ship had more slots. Then in 4.79, the 4 slots were removed. Well, that caused a problem because, once the slots were gone, you could not unmount the turrets. So those were added again but at lvl2 so people could unmount the lvl 10 weps they had on those slots.

Kusari destroyer - Dab - 06-26-2006

Josh we are talking about the Kusari Destroyer, not battleship.