Discovery Gaming Community
United Engineering - Ageira Innovations - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: United Engineering - Ageira Innovations (/showthread.php?tid=121920)

To: Ageria Innovations - t0l - 09-16-2014

>>> INCOMING TRANSMISSION <<<

Comm ID: Joesph Petrie, United Engineering, Ltd.
Priority: Medium
Encryption: High
Subj: Partnership

Greetings.

I am Joesph Petrie, the CEO of the upstart weapons company United Engineering. I'm sure that you've seen our recently published catalog, if not, here is an attached copy. We're currently a small scale company that primarily deals in light arms for military and civilian use, although we do have great ambitions.

My personal research leading up to the formation of United Engineering found that a projectile of specific size and shape, information that I will not expose to a potential competitor before a deal is made, could pierce through a standard Mark II composite armor vest, although this has not yet been proven.

So why would such a project require the help of Ageria Innovations?

Our company is on a very small scale, and we currently have to push to try and get a few weapons out per day, if we're lucky. A recent, massive contract by a popular mercenary company has put us way under stress, and at this rate the only way that this potentially monumental concept can get into the hands of Libertonian and Bretonian militaries as the war with Gallia escalates is if we cooperate.

What I'm proposing, then, is a joint research and production effort between our companies, Ageria Innovations and United Engineering. The aims of this project would be to develop a cost-effective projectile-based weapon, which I can elaborate upon later, that would be capable of piercing most armor types, and to present said weapon to the Libertonian armed forces and possibly the Bretonians as well later down the line.

I wish to keep the entire project, this transmission included, somewhat low-key, as the potential for both the destruction of property and our reputations as a whole is great if such plans were to be leaked out or stolen by degenerate unlawfuls.

I hope we can come to an agreement on this subject.

-Joesph Petrie, CEO
United Engineering, Ltd.

>>> END TRANSMISSION <<<

To: Joesph Petrie, United Engineering, Ltd. - John White - 09-16-2014

[Image: S11qWva.png]

To: Joesph Petrie, United Engineering, Ltd.

Dear Mr Petrie,

It is always interesting to hear that perspective scientists and entrepreneurs are trying to break the limitations of current technologies. What is more delightful is that your corporation decided to contact us for partnership.

As you may know, Detroit Munitions is the station where the most advanced weaponry is being produced and where the scientists dedicate their efforts to introduce better and improved designs for Light Arms.

Ageira Innovations has a factory or two there and several research labratories as well as weapon range. I am sure that we can arrange a lease contract to benefit us both. Your team would get top-of-the-line facilities and access to resources and materials and we in return would like to be obtain details regarding this revolutionary idea of yours.

If such collaboration is possible and would suit your needs, details can be discussed during a meeting. If there are any other concerns, do not hesitate to inquire.

Sincerely,

John White,
Chief Executive Officer,
Ageira Innovations
[Image: fZqZyxc.png]

RE: To: Ageria Innovations - t0l - 09-16-2014

Subj: RE: RE: Partnership

Greetings.

I'm glad that we could come to a mutual agreement on this matter, and we would be glad to share our research data with you in exchange for access to Ageria's state-of-the-art facilities.

The rapid rise in usage of laser-based weapons in the past 800 years has caused armor technology to divert in that direction, however modern armor used to divert amplified light has become extremely specialized in it's task, which may mean a potential resurgence in the use of contemporary armor-piercing ammunition.

What I'm proposing here is a redux of an old type of ammunition used back during the pre-exodus days, namely the 5.7x28mm cartridge. Utilizing a version of the digitally preserved original design plans from all those years ago, we have deduced that using a similar design principle in this bullet will yield head-turning results.

Unfortunately, we were incorrect in the end, and we found out that the round had no effect on modern composite armor when fired from our test weapon. However, we found that the lightweight, specially shaped round exhibited promising qualities, and turned our head to the bullet itself.

With a bullet diameter of roughly 5.7 mm and length of roughly 11.6 mm, we predict that it would be a capable projectile if fired with enough force. Therefore, we looked to the concept of a small, handheld railgun that uses an external power clip to generate a magnetic field that is capable of launching this projectile at high speeds, allowing the specialized, ferro-nickel coated tungsten round to pierce through moderate amounts of armor. We've dabbled with the idea, but we haven't made any significant steps towards creating a functioning prototype.

This has been the extent of primarily my research for the past couple of years, of course now that I have a team, it's gone much more smoothly, and with the addition of your expanded facilities I'm sure we can accelerate our research by a fair margin.

Thank you for your time.

-Joesph Petrie, CEO
United Engineering, Ltd.

>>> END TRANSMISSION <<<

To: Joesph Petrie, United Engineering - Sebastian Hart - 09-18-2014

[Image: snrhwYX.png]

Dear Mr Petrie,

There are good reasons why classic kinetic weapons were more or less abandoned in the last four centuries. In space energy weapons are simply superior to kinetic weapons on every possible account. First and foremost they do not generate reverse thrust during fire due to fictitious force of the projectile - a nightmare of every fighter pilot. Additionally, the beam quickly looses its destructive potential beyond effective range, while kinetic projectile will be continuing its erratic trajectory and creating a potential hazard for a civilian traffic for eternity - unless it hits something first obviously. Furthermore with current technology energy weapons have much better efficiency - it costs less to just emit a destructive beam than to accelerate a physical projectile to such speeds that its kinetic energy will be equal. I will not even mention the topic of ammunition and its limitations.

Naturally, not everything applies to ground combat. Obviously plasma bolt is highly ineffective due to quick loss of heat to the atmosphere. However, both Tachyon and Laser based weapons work perfectly in almost all conditions and lack of recoil certainly helps in aiming. This cannot be said about kinetic weapons. The idea of a railgun has been revived every now and then, however shape of the projectile is the least important problem. The biggest limitation is the length and weight of the rail required to accelerate the projectile to desired speeds. I am not convinced that it is possible to construct a railgun capable of piercing the best body armors currently available that will be of comparable weight and size of a typical assault rifle currently in use. Additionally, if we could not really manage to get The Liberty Navy attention for a polished Tachyon assault rifle prototype - the Enforcer III - I find it highly improbable that they will be interested in a new railgun with all its limitations.

That is why I am highly skeptical about your project. Nonetheless, it is the way of science. We are nothing more than a herd of rats in a labyrinth. The more rats, the bigger chance that one of them will find the way out by a sheer luck. For this reason I am willing to dedicate a limited amount of our resources to your project.

Please formulate a more specific list of your requirements.

Yours faithfully,
Sebastian Hart,
Director of R&D Department,
Ageira Innovations

RE: To: Ageria Innovations - t0l - 09-25-2014

Greetings.

Apologies for the late reply, we've been up to our necks in delays and issues for an abnormally large contract that we've yet to fufill.

In any case, our list of needs are few — just access to an expanded facility for us to use. If any other needs arise, we will not hesitate to inform you.

Be advised, we're not gonna be able to devote our full time and effort to this project as of right now.

I'd create a more specific list, but I've got some business to attend to.

-Joesph Petrie, CEO
United Engineering, Ltd.

>>> END TRANSMISSION <<<

To: Joesph Petrie, United Engineering - Sebastian Hart - 09-26-2014

Dear Mr Petrie,

I have discussed this issue with Mr White and other directors and we decided to give you a counter-proposal. We do see a potential in United Engineering but at the same time, as you can imagine, it is not entirely in our interest to effectively help a possible competition to rise on our own - let me use this phrase - territory. Therefore, let me iterate terms of our offer:
  • United Engineering will be bought out by Ageira Innovations with all its assets.
  • All employees of United Engineering will have their contracts extended by Ageira Innovations.
  • You, Mr Petrie, will become director of a newly created Arms Production and Sales Department.
  • Using Ageira Innovation's assets you will quickly complete all contractual obligations of United Engineering.
  • Once it is done you will focus on searching clients for existing Ageira products as well as extending our offer.
  • In the meantime you will also be able to purse several research and development projects, however, they will have to be first cleared with me.

In short, for joining Ageira Innovations you will get our credibility and resources. I hope that these terms are satisfying for you and we will soon be able to cooperate under one name. I hope to hear from you soon.

Yours faithfully,
Sebastian Hart,
Ageira Innovations

RE: To: Ageria Innovations - t0l - 09-26-2014

Greetings.

If it gets us off this station and into a proper facility, then it's fine by me.

Consider it a deal.

-Joesph Petrie, CEO
United Engineering, Ltd.

>>> END TRANSMISSION <<<

To: Joesph Petrie, Ageira Innovations - Sebastian Hart - 09-26-2014

To: Joesph Petrie, Ageira Innovations

Dear Joseph,

Welcome in Ageira Innovations. Please call me Sebastian. John will get you up to speed with all our internal procedures and complete with you all the necessary paperwork for the merger.

Best regards,
Sebastian Hart,
Ageira Innovations