Discovery Gaming Community
Top 10 tips for traders - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Top 10 tips for traders (/showthread.php?tid=12237)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Top 10 tips for traders - Patriot - 09-18-2008

The content of the original post for this thread has been moved. -Gheis
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=56280

PIN THAT POST:P

Top 10 tips for traders - chovynz - 09-18-2008

It's good. Want some suggested amendments?

Top 10 tips for traders - Orin - 09-18-2008

Excellent tips.

I recommend a pin here as well.

Top 10 tips for traders - MrCynical - 09-18-2008

' Wrote:It's good. Want some suggested amendments?

Fire away, so to speak:P

Top 10 tips for traders - Primus Avatar - 09-18-2008

pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! pin it! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Top 10 tips for traders - Capt. Henry Morgan - 09-18-2008

This one is definitely worth a pin. In fact, I'm going to repost this (with credit, of course) on the Bowex forums for my people to read.

Top 10 tips for traders - komet - 09-18-2008

Excellent post! This post should definitely be pined!

P.S: From my experience with trading another tip might be to try and not to give the pirates any trouble about paying them, a happy pirate is a cooperative pirate I suppose (they also may be more open to bargaining especially if it is just one pirate).

Top 10 tips for traders - Kuraine - 09-18-2008

You'll find it is pinned now. Excellent advice, and well worth reading.

Top 10 tips for traders - chovynz - 09-19-2008

Quote:2. If you're paying, say so, in system chat
There are always unfortunate incidents where traders pay the demand to one pirate, and then another of the pirates kills them. Rest assured that in the case of honourable players this is not a deliberate act. It is quite possible that the player who destroyed you didn't know that you had paid - this is especially likely if you have been stopped by a mixed group of pirates from different factions, or even more so if some of the pirates are from a faction and the others are independent. <strike>Since 'is he paying?' is OOC, pirates can't ask each other this in system and if they aren't grouped together (as faction pirates and indies usually aren't) they can't ask at all - unless they use private chat which stops them from talking to you temporarily. However</strike> You as the trader are perfectly within RP to say "alright alright, I'll pay Pirate X' stating the name of the person you're paying means the other ones will know not to attack in the intervening time, and wait for the person you name to attack (ie if you're fibbing).
I would contest that "it's OOC to ask if the guy you are co-pirating, has paid up". I say it certainly is in character, and with mixed groups is encouraged, so that everyone knows whats going on. It shows the trader that the pirates are getting antsy, and he better be quick about replying or paying up.

Often times the trouble is brought about with people not communicating. Of course those are times of stress, and people oft do irrational things during stress, but still, even saying, "Yep I'm paying." goes a long way with most pirates.

I would encourage all traders to communicate more with the pirates, as that will usually stop misunderstandings. Staying silent is a bad idea, when a pirate is waiting for a reply/response/payment/reaction/any signs of deviousness or time-wasting.

Top 10 tips for traders - mwerte - 09-19-2008

11. Remember this is a RolePlaying server and dying is not a very good way to play that role. After you don't pay and a pirate blows up your ship and assuming you make it to your escape pod there is nothing to stop said pirate from blowing you your escape pod out of spite. Showing a little fear and respect will go a long way toward earning the respect of both the pirate and the player.