Discovery Gaming Community
--- - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: --- (/showthread.php?tid=122660)

Pages: 1 2

--- - the Cobra Squad - 11-09-2014

---

RE: Rheinland Battleship Remake Idea - Cælumaresh - 11-09-2014

I would love such a thing, but i seriously doubt it will happen. Don't know why, i just have this feeling.

RE: Rheinland Battleship Remake Idea - An'shur - 11-09-2014

Don't touch vanila ship models, don't remake, nor resize. -No- to changing vanila ships at all.

RE: Rheinland Battleship Remake Idea - Knjaz - 11-09-2014

DONT YOU DARE TO TOUCH THE TURTLE.

No, really, it's a fine BS if you know how to use it. With JD and Cloaking mechanics it's pretty good, actually. Without them, and against a very competent opponent it lacks ofc, but since we have those toys, it's good.

(11-09-2014, 12:01 PM)The RU Family Wrote: Also I think that a faction that offers two big Capships should have one small agile and one big strong Dreadnaught like ship.

Isn't it the case already? Though I was always skeptical about Elbe vs Jorms capability, but you may ask dedicated Elbe players. Maybe they have different opinion on this one.

RE: Rheinland Battleship Remake Idea - Lythrilux - 11-09-2014

(11-09-2014, 12:20 PM)Knjaz Wrote: No, really, it's a fine BS if you know how to use it. With JD and Cloaking mechanics it's pretty good, actually.

Any Battleship is good if you can keep jumping out, grabbing regens, then jumping back in lol.

RE: Rheinland Battleship Remake Idea - Knjaz - 11-09-2014

(11-09-2014, 12:22 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Any Battleship is good if you can keep jumping out, grabbing regens, then jumping back in lol.

Not really. Try that in an Elbe vs uncloaking full-cerb/prim dreads. Glhf.
You simply won't jump out in time.

If fleet uses some brainz, then a single cloaker can do it.
And this is where 1.4m hull comes in handy.

RE: Rheinland Battleship Remake Idea - Geolog - 11-09-2014

(11-09-2014, 12:20 PM)Knjaz Wrote: DONT YOU DARE TO TOUCH THE TURTLE.

INDEED, ''DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH THE TURTLE!'' The only change I could think of would be retexturing it so it looks nicer on surface. Other than that this Battleship is perfect, as good as it gets!

RE: Rheinland Battleship Remake Idea - Haste - 11-09-2014

(11-09-2014, 12:26 PM)Knjaz Wrote:
(11-09-2014, 12:22 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: Any Battleship is good if you can keep jumping out, grabbing regens, then jumping back in lol.

Not really. Try that in an Elbe vs uncloaking full-cerb/prim dreads. Glhf.
You simply won't jump out in time.

If fleet uses some brainz, then a single cloaker can do it.
And this is where 1.4m hull comes in handy.

Yeah learn to play dude, jumping battleships are cool. All it takes is psychological warfare: you have to make sure the jumper doesn't calculate in the fact that you're going to decloak your dread on top of their ship when they calculate when to type /jump and survive.

It's perfectly fair, balanced and fun for everyone involved. Especially if you're not ganking the crap out of the jumper and simply don't have the DPS to-... Never mind, it's just really fun and enticing gameplay.

Also: no. The Turtle is fine. It's not exactly pretty but then, it's not supposed to be pretty.

RE: Rheinland Battleship Remake Idea - Timmy - 11-09-2014

You touch the Rheinand stuff and I will kick ya ass!

Also, Liberty ships seen lots of evolvement, but none of vanilia ships seen it so there you have it.

RE: Rheinland Battleship Remake Idea - Eonaros - 11-09-2014

The RU Family Wrote:Well, the Rheinland Battleship has not seen any major changes ever, while if we look on the other side, Liberty Cap Ships have seen a lot of evolvment including my favourit: the BattleCruiser.

No vanilla capital vessel has suffered any change. The Bretonian, Kusari, Rheinland and Liberty Battleships haven't been changed in any way.

The RU Family Wrote:Liberty Cap Ships have seen a lot of evolvment including my favourit: the BattleCruiser

Somehow you seem to forget that Rheinland has a almost new Carrier, Bretonia has a Carrier, Kusari has a Battlecruiser, and not to mention changes in various factions.

Almost no ships have changed their looks since vanilla, apart from being replaced or the new ones added.

Turtle is a nice Battleship. At least, only for those who know how to use it.