Discovery Gaming Community
How to start an organized special rp group? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: How to start an organized special rp group? (/showthread.php?tid=12287)

How to start an organized special rp group? - Zygoeths - 09-20-2008

if you've read my storys about zygoeths, u probally know hes sorta interesting. Well.... id like his roleplaying to become a roleplaying in discovery(such as tenebras and others). I also just wanna know if i have to have a certain amount of cash or what ever. It should fit into the rp fine, it doesn't really disrupt anything rp related except for my character is searching for a Master Brain. My group will have order ids and order tags, but have roleplay selected names. I don't know if i need permission to do this (since its sorta like a clan) or if i can just do it. But i think it would be good to have a crazy guy running around looking for a Master Brain XD. And then if i can get my character powerful enough i can make ppl fear the group also XD. I just think it would be fun, help me out here.

How to start an organized special rp group? - Jinx - 09-20-2008

basicly the clan rules are quite ... playerfriendly.

you can make an unofficial clan. there is no problem with that... there are a few points of advice you might like to keep in mind.

- communicate with others as much as is appropriate on a inChar RP level and a bit more on a ooRP ooc level so others can react towards you in a way that they are supposed to act like.
- stay as close as possible within the limitations of the faction. - don t consider the limitations a "cage" but rather an archetype structure. - keep in mind that others basicly only see your ship and your ID/Tag. - make your roleplay transparent enough if you re "special". ( like the harvesters, you wouldn t mistake them for the normal humanoid char, even if they have the same ID / tags as some )
- keep a CLOSE communication with the "official" playerfaction(s). the fact that they are official gives them a few more rights over how a faction is run. but again, its not a restriction or limitation, but an opportunity to cooperate.

so you see - the key to special RP chars is most of all communication and transparency. - allow others to give you constructive input and feedback - and also be prepared for harsh critizism - as that is also part of constructive critizism.

an unofficial clan is always welcome as it might at one time become official when you like the server enough and want to be really established. - just be used to work with others. a bit of competition is good, but on a RP basis rather than an ooc basis for faction dominance.

How to start an organized special rp group? - looqas - 09-20-2008

I would join Harvesters to learn a lot of things. Strict RP requirements, special search for Alpha code etc. It fits what you trying to setup somewhat. I see you are relatively new here and most people learn what's involved (day to day) to keep RP group going.

well... im not new, im back from being gone for a LONG time.

How to start an organized special rp group? - Orin - 09-20-2008

Hey Zyg, it's the "crazy" person from last night.

Friendly advice: I don't believe you are in any strict-ish player factions. What Jinx said is good, but I -really- suggest you join a player faction and learn, grow, and imitate to an extent some of the more experienced RPers.

Having deeper RP experience, proficiency, and literacy will go miles for you in creating and heading a player faction. You're not illiterate, just stronger grammar and spelling would help -a lot- in heading a faction. Trust me.

Good luck, mate.

yep im gonna join the harvesters.

How to start an organized special rp group? - Orin - 09-20-2008

Rrk, they're -real- strict.

You might want to play some T-ball before you join the MLB...