Discovery Gaming Community
*** Sirius Times *** - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: *** Sirius Times *** (/showthread.php?tid=12288)

Pages: 1 2

*** Sirius Times *** - looqas - 09-20-2008

[Image: sirius_times_logo_by_Ktayn.png]
Cardamine: Route of All Evil? Part I by Terry S. Hamm

Get hooked up with the this month's hottest story. How the Cardamine really gets to those nightclubs and streets around Liberty. Investigative reporter Terry "Scoop" Hamm had a chance to talk to one of the Outcasts in Galileo system who are known to smuggle the narcotic to the Liberty. So follow his blog report from Sirius Times.

The Beginning:
Investigation had been going for a better part of a month taking Terry through the jetset clubs as well the seediest bars on New York. Asking too many sensitive questions had almost gotten our reporter hospitalized. But finally a lucky meeting in Galileo paid off. Terry found a member of a Outcast family willing to shred some light into the mystery. Transcript of what was said in the interview. Interviewee's name has been blotted out to protect his anonymity.

[Image: convotd8.th.jpg][Image: thpix.gif]

It is apparent that Cardamine smuggling is a multibillion business annually. From the producers to the end dealers in the streets. As such people are willing to take big risks to get rich quickly. The operators range from solo entrepreneurs to organized crime syndicates, who might have couple of Liberty's finest in their back pocket to be on the nerve of things. One thing is sure. As long as there is a demand there will be supply.

-Terry S. Hamm

Cardamine: Route of All Evil? Part II by Terry S. Hamm

I decided to follow the trail of Cardamine to it's roots. The Outcast smuggler had mentioned a GC base in Hokkaido. One can't barge into one, so I decided to find out who could I talk to so that he or she could introduce me to right persons. I headed to Planet New Tokyo bar and in there I picked up an interesting piece of interview by Mr. Takashi

[Image: screen600po0.th.jpg][Image: thpix.gif]

I immediately went to Roppongi bar to have a talk with the bartender if he knew who should I talk to. He was too scared to reveal anything of substance to a total stranger. I need to get to know some GC members before I can pick up the story from here.

[Image: screen604lm7.th.jpg][Image: thpix.gif]

- Terry S. Hamm

Cardamine: Route of All Evil? Part III by Terry S. Hamm

A lucky break! I went to Kyushu system and encountered a GC pilot. She was most helpful after I approached her and she promised to put a word out for me in their base in Hokkaido. It is true what they say about the GC. Ideologists and not ready to jump the gun.

[Image: convotq1.th.jpg][Image: thpix.gif]

Interesting story there also to be told at some point. How a poem and inspiration of one man can drive the noble upper class youth to take up a banner of revolution? Well Sirius is certainly full of even stranger things. The flight to Hokkaido needs some preparations and supplies first. I have a sense that I'm getting closer to the origins of Cardamine and how is it produced.

- Terry S. Hamm

*** Sirius Times *** - kacijon - 09-22-2008

Today or tomorow Will Come the First newspaper out. Called Sirius Times.

*** Sirius Times *** - kacijon - 09-22-2008

Sirius Times

Liberty Has Again Proved Its Power Against Xenos by Mac TacWish

Liberty was visited today by 3 veteran Xeno pilots. They were spotted near West Point. Then radars detected they were being pursued by an Outcast!. Liberty navy was involved in the pursuit. Then a battle began.

[Image: 22926775mo7.th.jpg]

The Battle was hard. Outcast that was pursuing the was killed by the Xenos. Xenos tried to fight but they give up before the superior firepower of the gunboats and they had to flee. They retreated to the Debris Field. Liberty Nvy did not follow the Xeno forces. They had done their job.. They have proved their Power to keep the Xeno infestation at bay again

*** Sirius Times *** - looqas - 09-22-2008

Dealing Death Worth Billions! by Terry S. Hamm

[Image: freelancer2008092222521cr4.th.jpg][Image: thpix.gif]

It's never been more profitable for someone to die. I happened to be in Texas making preparations for my continuation of a story of the origins of Cardamine when I came upon a too good story to pass.

In this exclusive interview with a arms dealing magnate Charles Wellington's death merchant it is revealed the hypocrisy of Wellington Industries. Wellington Industries are not interested in the well-being of our fellow men, but in profit margins. The transcript is left unedited to let our educated readers to make their own views about this much debated and heated issue.

[Image: convo3kk8.th.jpg][Image: thpix.gif]

I'm not sure this was the "free" publicity they were looking for.

- Terry "Scoop" Hamm

*** Sirius Times *** - looqas - 10-10-2008

Cardamine: Route of All Evil? Part IV by Terry S. Hamm
Finally I got my supplies and after hanging out in Ainu for a week I met the very same lady that was so helpful granting me a safe passage to Ainu.

[Image: convo4qq9.th.jpg]

It seems that I need to meet this one other lady. Since my quest will take me even further into the wild space I need all the connections I can come up with just to be able to present my case before getting shot at first.

Life sure is tough in the outskirts of the houses. Even supplies are scarce. It's hard to imagine the things in our insular world of abundance in the core worlds what these ladies have to go through to just make another day. Very curious that many of them were entitled to life of luxury but decided instead to stand up.

- Terry S. Hamm

*** Sirius Times *** - greendragon - 10-14-2008

The Niobium Crisis by "The Rock"

Yesterday, some improtant corporations held their usual conference and the following banquet on Planet Manhattan. It quickly turned out, that while the Gateway Shipping reported relatively safe and acceptable trade routes, the Daumann Heavy Construction's current status was far different. The respected but rarely seen Oscar Daumann - who personally brought the best aviable luxury food to the chefs - announced that niobium became a serius problem throughout Rheinland.

"Ladies and gentlemen, as you probably noticed, the Sigma 13 system is swarming with criminal elements. However, our greatest problem is no longer the dense of pirate activity, but the high amount of imported niobium. Our main bases, The Ring and Leipzig are full of this formerly useful commodity, however, soon or later, we wouldn't be able to handle these "junkpiles". Civilian traders brings us too much niobium. It is also troubling, that diamond became unusually rare nowadays, due to recent attacks of the Wilde and criminals. The Chancellor of Rheinland also raised the taxes taken from corporations, and we could barely pay our employees. Due to low wages and harsh conditions, many of our workers left us, thus converted to criminals among the Rote Hessen Armee, the Alster Union, or even the Bundschuh Partei. It looks clear that they are blaming the Daumann for their problems. It is partly true, I admit. Because of the low amount of diamonds, we're trying to sign a new agreement with Kusari, and their corporations about estabilishing a new trade route. Now, our workers are the most important however, so I decided to ppersonally take part in fixing their work and life conditions, by using my personal wealth to supply them with important commodities, qualitious mining and working equipment."

While Kishiro and Samura delegates seemed statisfied, other corporation delegates seemed like felt troubled. Bretonian corporations tells that they fear, that Daumann is about to supply the Kusari war machine, while the Reichstag also seems surprised by the events took place at Manhattan. Most regrettably, we were unable to find more about the Niobium Crisis.

- "The Rock" (no further informations about this reporter)

*** Sirius Times *** - Donutman - 10-19-2008

36 Wounded on Pittsburgh in Attack by Jake Pavan

36 were wounded today in an attack by an escapee on Pittsburgh. The Attack was committed by an as-yet unidentified freelancer that escaped from LPI custody. The freelancer was arrested by Officer Joe Smith for starting a fight with a mercenary in Manhattan orbit. The freelancer broke out of the interrogation room using a miniature laser cutter. The suspect then stole his ship from impound and launched. Officer Smith pursued the suspect, briefly battled him in the Fort Bush area, until his ship was destroyed. The suspect cruised to Pittsburg, as the Trade Lanes were locked down. He entered the atmosphere, shot down the freighter DSE Montana, and proceeded to fire on the base.

By the time aid arrived in the form of the LNS Nevada, the attacker had fled the area. The damage was extensive, including several Rhino's. After the attack, the H-Fuel storage tank caught on fire and exploded. The explosion badly damaged one of the Nevada's Rhino MedShuttles. The damage is mostly repaired at this time, and the LPI has deployed extra officers to protect the planet while being repaired.

-Jake Pavan

*** Sirius Times *** - Captain - 11-04-2008

[Image: sirius_times_logo_by_Ktayn.png]
---Advertisement---

[Image: zonerbanktv6.png]
Do you want to make more money easy, or do you need money to get yourself a bigger trade ship,
then the Zoner Bank is there for you,

We offer Loans up to 70 mill, we have a interest rate of 5% per day,
First day is always interest free!, forum registration is needed.

We also offer you a Savings Account, no cost for making it, and we offer you an interest of 2,25%
with a maximum of 200 Mill per bank for more info click on the Zoner bank logo,
there you can fill in a form for loans or Savings.

Special Offer
only for the first 10 people who PM me
gets 500k bonus on their Savings account