Discovery Gaming Community
Suggest ship for a Civilian reporter - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Suggest ship for a Civilian reporter (/showthread.php?tid=12289)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Suggest ship for a Civilian reporter - looqas - 09-20-2008

Terry.S.Hamm is a freelance reporter who tries to go to interesting places and talk to interesting people and then write about them. He has just started publishing in Sirius Times http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23770

Currently he has Kusari Explorer with a standard turret load out and a Civilian ID (I have submitted a plea in the special characters thread).

I need a civilian ship that is believable for a reporter AND it has to be able to go to systems in the Edge world (because of NPCs). I'm not entirely happy with him flying a GB. It's slow and just does not fit the char. Also the Civilian ID means a bit of trouble since his level is around 60. I've been thinking Freelancer ID, but that gives the wrong impression here (but I must adopt it if Civilian is a no-go).

So people. Ship suggestions? Something along the HF/VHF or that category would be nice...

EDIT: This is a more refined list of requirements. And I'm sorry I forgot completely to copy the list to here after I had promised to do so in the post on page 4.
So the constraints for a ship are. NO CAMERA SHIP
A) What I have in mind is that Mr. Hamm works solo, so a cruiser with crew is out of the picture (or any other crew needing ship).
B) It is "Civilian" and plausible for him to own.
C) Can take a heat somewhat from fighter NPCs. Good armor and shields and agility is a plus. But not too light either that it gets in a way of typing. It's not nice to fly circles while typing. Sort of kills the atmosphere.
D) Non threatening in sense that people become curious and not attack straight away. It's PvP capabilities don't have to that great.

Thank you.

Suggest ship for a Civilian reporter - McNeo - 09-20-2008

Camera ship and Freelancer ID

Use the Freelance Civilian Reporter thing that exists nowadays aswell. Even if he isn't, I dont think sticking with the Civilian ID is worth all the whining you'll get from people who dont know any better. You'll be trying to RP and everyone will say "CHANGE UR ID OR REPORT". I'd just get the FL ID.

Camera ship is also invisible, so it wont block screenies you decide to make. It doesnt have a model applied to it which is why its "cloaked". But you can still hit it. Its also very well protected to keep the cameraman safe!

Suggest ship for a Civilian reporter - MB52 - 09-20-2008

No don't use the camera ship... the idea that a civilian reporter can get a cloaking device is rediculous...

No... I'd say a hawk or eagle would be good maybe even a spacial.

Suggest ship for a Civilian reporter - Guest - 09-20-2008

A Starflea with optical chips in its hold would be sufficient i think...

' Wrote:A Starflea with optical chips in its hold would be sufficient i think...

I had a preliminary discussion about cameraship and it's a no-go due to invisibility...

Starflea would be of course best but it rather gets in a way of typing when you have dodge incoming fire all the time. If I where neutral it wouldn't be a problem, but as things stand...

I think now the Spatial leads the list. It's meant for exploration and it's almost Civilian.

Also those rarely used ones seem intriguing. Like I said. All it has it has to do is take some heat and survive against NPCs. So that Homeworld line looks possible.

Suggest ship for a Civilian reporter - Saigo.Watanabe - 09-20-2008

use a starflea but rp it out, also try and perswade a admin to give you a neutral id and iff ( can only be given)

Suggest ship for a Civilian reporter - Saigo.Watanabe - 09-20-2008

since reporters are meant to be neutral anyway, otherwise how would they get their stories?

Suggest ship for a Civilian reporter - jpo - 09-20-2008

' Wrote:Terry.S.Hamm is a freelance reporter who tries to go to interesting places and talk to interesting people and then write about them. He has just started publishing in Sirius News http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23770

Currently he has Kusari Explorer with a standard turret load out and a Civilian ID (I have submitted a plea in the special characters thread).

I need a civilian ship that is believable for a reporter AND it has to be able to go to systems in the Edge world (because of NPCs). I'm not entirely happy with him flying a GB. It's slow and just does not fit the char. Also the Civilian ID means a bit of trouble since his level is around 60. I've been thinking Freelancer ID, but that gives the wrong impression here (but I must adopt it if Civilian is a no-go).

So people. Ship suggestions? Something along the HF/VHF or that category would be nice...

Thank you.

Kiith SHF. Its not good for pvp but it has very heavy armor and is nimble enough to run. I use one for recon.

Suggest ship for a Civilian reporter - Gabrielle - 09-20-2008

Camera ship would serve your purposes perfectly it has no weapons so its considerded harmless
15,000 armor and the ability to mount a class 10 light fighter shield 200 bots and bats

Cameraship is a no-go. I want people to see me. And I'm definitely letting the Civ Id go. It's just too much hassle to dodge those "REPORT!" types.

How to get the Freelancer ID quickest?

And I bought a Spatial for the time being. But the winning combo would be of course Neutral ID + a ship that can take occasional mine field and radiation. But to get that neutral ID I think I need to show my mettle first, so I'm in no hurry.