Discovery Gaming Community
Alley's Various Stuff - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: Alley's Various Stuff (/showthread.php?tid=122896)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Alley's Various Stuff - Alley - 11-16-2014

thread shamelessly stolen from Treewyrm related to everything that isn't FLHook update notes/bug reports/bug fixes.

So as you might have noticed the new patch is taking an awful lot of time to be delivered... well that's also because we're changing a lot of things.

As you might recall, faster updates was something the previous dev team promised to the community and actually never happened. That's partially due to the current patching method not being quite efficient.

This is all going to change with the final release.

First thing we did and are currently still working on is moving all of our development process to Git. We've set up our own private GitLab in order to do that. Now that it's also all managed via web, we can easily add new developers, manage projects and branches.

Next thing that's happening is changing how the patching is done. Any developer with patch uploading access will now be able to add an update without waiting for everyone else to be done. This is what we will be calling the module process. All in all, updates will be faster to deploy and a less painful process on the developer end. It's also getting moved to 7-zip compressed files instead of zip, which means smaller file sizes.

The developer side of the new patching system is done, and you actually get pics this time.
Left out the credentials, because well y'know 8|

[Image: i6QkXml.png]

[Image: aaaYm81.png]

Next part is the client side and once this is done we'll be one big step closer to the final release.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any.

RE: Alley's Various Stuff - Kirill - 11-16-2014

Awesome
Edit: In what programming language is it written?

RE: Alley's Various Stuff - SnakThree - 11-16-2014

Great news. I hope it will go smoothly.

RE: Alley's Various Stuff - Alley - 11-16-2014

(11-16-2014, 07:58 PM)Kirill Wrote: Awesome
Edit: In what programming language is it written?

C# Framework 4.0

RE: Alley's Various Stuff - Gypsie Skripto - 11-16-2014

I will keep an eye on this! Looking forward to the final release with utmost anxiety so thumbs up for this if it speeds up the process.

RE: Alley's Various Stuff - Mao - 11-16-2014

That's great. Good job, devs!

RE: Alley's Various Stuff - SnakThree - 11-16-2014

Also, I hope the teaser of 4.88.1 version is gonna happen for real.

RE: Alley's Various Stuff - Syf - 11-16-2014

Nice job with that Alley.

Wish I could get myself into coding in general, but ehh. Mental blocks are quite... effective at restricting one's self.
(I tried at least. Tongue)

RE: Alley's Various Stuff - Deeceem - 11-16-2014

That's actually pretty great news for the future. Probably the biggest change to look forward to with the next update for me personally now!

RE: Alley's Various Stuff - Eonaros - 11-16-2014

Keep up the good work !