Discovery Gaming Community
An Intellectual Meeting - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: An Intellectual Meeting (/showthread.php?tid=123723)

Pages: 1 2

An Intellectual Meeting - Remnant - 12-16-2014

Jessica Snow. She liked to consider herself one of the more busy people around Sirius, and for the most part that might be true. Juggling around projects, while working with the rest of her families was always something that sucket up a lot of time.

Today however, there was something rather interesting on her plate. A certain project she was working with the Outcasts on, had a string on it. A requirement to arrange a meeting to someone who supposibly was a master at mechanics, something that her boss at the time wanted her to work with. While Jessica wasn't a large fan of working with other people that she didn't know of, she couldn't help but be slightly interested by the things she heard of this man.

Sitting in her lone Ravans Talon, the female was reclining back tiredly as she was in-transit through a Jumpgate. While the travel sure was nice, it would be better if this was instant. Sadly she did the math. It wasn't possible. Hyperspace was always there. No matter..

[Image: RuJDhMB.png]
Automatic Guncam #8192

Jessica was currently en-route back home to the Omicrons. While she had the time however, she starts to write up a message to this supposed mechanic. Best see what he had to offer, eh? Lets hope he wasn't a pain to deal with..

<Completed Message>

Hello there, so I hear i'll be working with you a little on a certain little project in the northern Omicron area.

'Ae' being the lovely man he is took the liberty on dumping the coordination to myself, I suppose it's time I finally got to this end of things.

I hear you're a pretty good mechanic, someone to lend a hand might be nice afterall, I can only stretch myself too thin.

Due to the circumstances of not being able to meet at any good location really, I may ask you to take a roadtrip. I don't like Freeports very much.

The only other place I feel comfterable lazing about like I usually do happens to.. ahh.. Probably in the omicrons at this time of year.

If you're able to get yourself out there, Omicron Delta. Every day at 21:00 hours at the coordinates A3 is where you'll be able to find me.

Don't worry, you can spend as much time as you need when you get here. Finding your way onboard will be the hardest part of this journey.

I'll be keeping an eye out. If this situation doesn't work, let me know and we'll see about arranging something else.

I look forward to seeing what kind of man you are.

~J.S

RE: An Intellectual Meeting - Clockwork - 12-18-2014

[Image: clockwork_tb.png]

Oh so you're the one I heard about, eh? Very well, I will see if I can get out to this Omicron Delta place. Could we meet at that Freeport? I am unsure I have a ship with all the necessary space and equipment for a trip, at least not one that isn't tied up elsewhere, it's a busy time of year, you know? We can then head out as appropriate.

~ ~ ~

After signing off his transmission, "Clockwork" Evans went to the bar to talk to Catalina, the Corsair that lived on Torshavn. Surely she'd have a better idea about those exotic systems in the Edge Nebula. He quickly asked, hoping it wouldn't be too difficult.

"I know someone who can get you there from Crete," Catalina said after a pair of drinks. "Just watch yourself out there, lots of trouble."

Clockwork nodded, finished his drink, and went to prepare.

~ ~ ~

Having already been briefed on what was desired of him, Clockwork gathered his lucky tools and a few data pads with schematics ideas already drawn up. He hoped this Jessica woman could be trusted, but just in case he was also bringing his lucky Daumann Devastator. Soon he would be beyond the comforting red of Bretonia to the greens of the unknown.

At least he liked green.

RE: An Intellectual Meeting - Remnant - 12-19-2014

The response that came back wasn't the most long. Then again, it didn't need to be.

<Completed Message>

We can meet at the Freeport, sounds good. I'll see you at the time I mentioned earlier. Resources isn't a problem.

Until then.

Later, at Freeport 11, a certain pair would be found in the Bar. A male and female merely conversing for a little while. Jessica smirks slightly at one of the comments, checking her watch. Well, it was almost time for who she was waiting for to arrive. Pulling out her PDA, she quickly sends out a message with the table number she was sitting at. The male stands up and walks off with a slight wave.

Jessica sits back, crossing her arms slightly. A few stray thoughts running through her head, wondering what he'll be like. Admittedly she didn't work well with certain kinds of people. Although nevertheless, she found herself intrigued on what she's heard.

RE: An Intellectual Meeting - farmerman - 12-28-2014

It took a while to get to Freeport 11 from Bretonia. First a trip had to be made to Planet Crete, which was okay, but the trip aboard a Correo from Crete to Yaren to the Freeport was not especially fun. Corsair ships aren't known for their comfort, and the pilot kept getting distracted by pirating Zoners. But they were finally there.

Upon landing, Clockwork received a message from Jessica and headed toward the bar to meet with the woman. Noting the table she had indicated, he walked over and introduced himself before taking a seat.

RE: An Intellectual Meeting - Remnant - 12-28-2014

Jessica nods her head. "Well well, you're the man i've heard a bit about then. So you're here to lend a hand in the construction of bossmans hybrid, huh?" Stretching her arms out, standing up. "Well, lets get a move on. We're not going to talk here, way too crowded. There's a shuttle docked, our destination is in the same system. Just about 80k off chart, it shouldn't be too long of a ride."

Setting a pace out of the bar, making sure he was following her. "So tell me about yourself. You play with machines then, hmm?"

RE: An Intellectual Meeting - farmerman - 01-05-2015

As Clockwork walked along with the woman toward the shuttle he said, "Aye, that I do. I did some work for the boss before. I mostly do engine work, well that and demolition. But I'm focusing on engines lately. Been working on ways to maximize power output, though it helps when safety is less of a concern, eh?"

As they entered the shuttle, he continued, "And I'm hoping I can use this to solve some troubles I've had with a project I'm working on. But how about yourself? What is your area of expertise? And do we have to worry about those aliens in these parts?"

RE: An Intellectual Meeting - Remnant - 01-06-2015

Boarding the shuttle, the pilot taking off only shortly afterwards.

"I'l give you the details on what we have in a little while in that case. We do have a placeholder design, although that part has not been built just yet. I was told you'll be coming in early thankfully, so we've worked around the area what you will deal with. Hey, if you manage to solve a few problems of yours in the process, the more power to you."

Tilting her head slightly at the question. "My area of expertise.. That's a hard one, I'm an engineer rather than a developer to be honest. My sister is very good at the development of new things, i'm used to building and putting together things which are.. not standard. I've worked with so many different kinds of systems and parts at this point, i'm really unsure which my 'area of expertise' would be. Granted i'm not a master at a large amount of the things I work with, I do know how to work around most problems that come up as well. Rounded off I suppose is a way you can say it."

Laughing quietly at his last question. "The natives around here is always something we have to worry about. We're used to dealing with them though, something you get for being out in the Omicrons a lot. There's protection nearby if we need it."

RE: An Intellectual Meeting - farmerman - 01-09-2015

"I know what you mean," Clockwork said. "I'm in a similar boat. I started off as just an engineer, but lately I've been trying to find ways to make things better. When you're working on the edge, away from the law, you can get a lot more out of equipment without worry about government regulations and laws."

"Do you have any schematics with you? I could take a look now and streamline things when we get there, aye?"

RE: An Intellectual Meeting - Remnant - 01-09-2015

Jessica nods her head, understanding to a degree.

She reaches into her pocket and retrieves a data-stick, handing it to him. "Assuming you brought a tablet, that should be able to read the data on the stick. If you didn't, you could borrow mine."

It's meant to be a atmospheric hybrid along with floating around in space. The engines that you see standardized for transversing space is extremely inefficient when it comes to flying in an atmosphere. Sure, you can do it. Although the amount of energy you use to keep yourself in the air is more than it needs to be. In this model, it's built where when you're in space, the turbine locks in place. Once it's kept from moving, the hollowed out internals of the blades are flooded and used as a condenser. It's mainly all in the trick of the blades starting at a flat edge, then moving to a thicker bar. It's not the best when it comes to atmospherics, although it's a good trade-off between the two types of travel."

In the distance, a large ship could be seen in the distance. Completely stationary, it seemed to have a lot of activity around it.

RE: An Intellectual Meeting - farmerman - 01-18-2015

"Hmmm, interesting interesting!" Clockwork said, looking over the information he had been given. "Yes, I think we can work with this. Hopefully make something nice and interesting."

Noting the ship they were approaching, he asked, "Is that our destination then? Where we can get this thing ready for action?"