Discovery Gaming Community
Plage of FL-ID pirates ? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Plage of FL-ID pirates ? (/showthread.php?tid=123767)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Plage of FL-ID pirates ? - Anomander - 12-17-2014

It's just me or there is something wrong with new players nowadays?
Lately I was hanging around Pennsylvania - I was helping a new players like usual.

Then suddenly I've met one Freelancer ID player- who was shooting all NPC transports
then dock to station and sell all stolen cargo.

When I ask why he is doing such thing - since his ID was Freelancer one not Pirate
I get an answer that - "everybody now doing that" - srsly?
I explain him that it's an RP server and even shooting NPC supposed to be an result of the interaction.

But in very next day - I've meet another FL-ID transport pilot who were doing same thing.
And then another one... and another one...

-----

I don't want to report new players - so I trying to explain/teach them
but what do You people do?

RE: Plage of FL-ID pirates ? - Binski - 12-17-2014

Uh, if people are around, i suppose. Killing NPC's is usually highly regarded as oorp activity. Doing it in front of ppl then docking is probably not the best, but if he could still dock it couldn't have been that far a stretch for his character. I'm also pretty sure its not against the rules to kill NPC"s as a Freelancer ID'd ship.

RE: Plage of FL-ID pirates ? - sindroms - 12-17-2014

It is not an OORP activity, Unfrogiven. However, this one specific spot is so ''good'' that it is abused by any ID.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?pid=1551488

RE: Plage of FL-ID pirates ? - Gondoros - 12-17-2014

(12-17-2014, 04:19 PM)Anomander Wrote: I don't want to report new players - so I trying to explain/teach them
but what do You people do?

Can you point out the rule that's being broken? NPC, as far as I know are not included in the same category as player, thus a player can do basically, anything regarding NPCs. On the other hand that does not mean that his actions don't have consequences ( but only inRP and ingame or forum/com channel), but never in the sanction thread.

RE: Plage of FL-ID pirates ? - Stefan_Steinar - 12-17-2014

this is a real problem ...
the case i have seen is even worse...

FL ID player in new hampshire collecting loot when RM and LN are killing each other...
i started RP .. his answer was only .. MEEP MEEP
... i was like wtf... he hided behind a BS and began collecting all the time ... no RP nothing...

i'd love to see that new hampshire can only be entered by following ID's LN, LSF, RM, MND

what you guys think about this behavior?

RE: Plage of FL-ID pirates ? - Highland Laddie - 12-17-2014

Teach newbs how to trade for cash.

RE: Plage of FL-ID pirates ? - pillow - 12-17-2014

(12-17-2014, 04:56 PM)milano Wrote: this is a real problem ...
the case i have seen is even worse...

FL ID player in new hampshire collecting loot when RM and LN are killing each other...
i started RP .. his answer was only .. MEEP MEEP
... i was like wtf... he hided behind a BS and began collecting all the time ... no RP nothing...

i'd love to see that new hampshire can only be entered by following ID's LN, LSF, RM, MND

what you guys think about this behavior?

What about that behavior? The LN and RM should have killed the guy, unless he was a junker.
And what do you mean making Hampshire only enterable by LN, LSF, RM and MND? Does that mean Iota/99/ANY NOMAD SYSTEM have to permit only Nomad and Wilde ID'd players in? Actually, same for NY and the others. Only Corp/Lawful factions. No FL's at all, am I right? Big Grin

No.

If you were part of the LN or RM, you could have destroyed the said person because he was either stealing important wreckage, trespassing or refusing to cooperate when told to leave. ))

Or let him go. That's an option aswell. Because he was clearly new to this place.

RE: Plage of FL-ID pirates ? - Jack_Henderson - 12-17-2014

I buy new guys (that are good enough at English and seem nice enough) a small transport and UAU8, tell them what equipment to get and send them on their way. We can do with more active players. The Penny-grinders in their first stages of the game hardly contribute to the server gameplay. Later they do. Just costs 50 mils and who even cares for 50 mils any more when you have been here for 3+ years.

And at the NPC killings?
I'd likely only oorply educate them (if I was on a police ID). And then move on.
They are at the very beginning, trying to get a decent ship to move on with the real game.
No need to keep them from achieving that.

RE: Plage of FL-ID pirates ? - pillow - 12-17-2014

(12-17-2014, 06:12 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: I buy new guys (that are good enough at English and seem nice enough) a small transport and UAU8, tell them what equipment to get and send them on their way. We can do with more active players. The Penny-grinders in their first stages of the game hardly contribute to the server gameplay. Later they do. Just costs 50 mils and who even cares for 50 mils any more when you have been here for 3+ years.

And at the NPC killings?
I'd likely only oorply educate them (if I was on a police ID). And then move on.
They are at the very beginning, trying to get a decent ship to move on with the real game.
No need to keep them from achieving that.

Some of us have no money.
* pillow has no money.
I've been here since 2012 and I don't have 200 Millions on all of my characters combined. (sun)

RE: Plage of FL-ID pirates ? - Anomander - 12-17-2014

IMHO killing NPC for the purpose of cargo theft (opposite of defense or killing during missions)
is a violation of rules:

Quote:1.3 Player should follow the restrictions and allowances listed in their ID
and their roleplay and conduct must match the actions of their characters.

Since in FL-ID or any other non-pirate ID / semi-lawfull ID there is no line about stealing cargo.

Quote:2. Discovery Freelancer 24/7 RP is a roleplaying server. Roleplaying is required while playing here.

Since such killing is an metagaming / ooRP action.