Discovery Gaming Community
Bomber preferences. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Bomber preferences. (/showthread.php?tid=12380)

Pages: 1 2 3

Bomber preferences. - Corsair - 09-23-2008

So, I am currently a Zoner-affiliated Corsair with a Pirate ID, flying a Taiidan Bomber. I love the thing. It's maneuverable, and has decent armor with a mark V upgrade. I want to know if there is anything better? I'm going to pirate my way to a Funboat, but until then, I want to pack a large punch. A Falcata looks like a fun one to fly. Too bad it's Outcast exclusive..

Bomber preferences. - Orin - 09-23-2008

The Praetorian is smexy...

So I have heard. But in my hangout, Blood Dragons and Outcasts tend to visit. I don't like being a flying target.

Bomber preferences. - Linkero - 09-23-2008

I have only ever used the Waran bomber and the Praetorian. Overall I would have to say I liked the Praetorian better due to its agility. But in a way I also liked the Waran bomber just because of how it looked. Now, in a fight, it depends on what you are fighting. With the slight agility increase of the Praetorian vs the Waran, Its more likely to get a few more shots off with the Praetorian then the Waran. Of course in the end I think it just comes down to personal preference

Bomber preferences. - ProwlerPC - 09-23-2008

You`re a Corsair?
Easy enough question.
The Corsairs have their own Bomber; the Praetorian.

Bomber preferences. - dr lameos - 09-23-2008

' Wrote:You`re a Corsair?
Easy enough question.
The Corsairs have their own Bomber; the Praetorian.

/signed

I don't understand how a Zoner affiliated pirate Id'd Taiidan would suggest to anyone that you're corsair

Get a corsair IFF if you're a corsair, and lose the taiidan (GMG ship next mod - corsair enemies)

Well, aren't Praetorians just hunks of metal that move like a sleepy Hutt?

Bomber preferences. - ProwlerPC - 09-23-2008

Sorry I am curious of your motivations. Are you looking for the best bomber that is capable of winning the most matches? They call that PvP not RP for you information.
Perhaps being a Corsair is not for you if you aren't comfortable with their ships.
I noticed you have your eye on a Falcatta. Perhaps being an Outcast is more in tune with your needs.
But ultimately if you are looking to see if there is a ship that outclasses the rest of it's peers, you'll be wasting your time. All ships can be "pwned" particularly when facing a group.
So if you are looking for action with a high rate of success, I suggest taking an RP approach and join a faction where numbers will account for far more than any individual ship in the game

Bomber preferences. - chopper - 09-23-2008

What exactly is a Zoner affiliated Corsair with Pirate ID? Tag, ID?

And Praetorian is far from 'flying target', it's the one ship that puts fear into Outcast bones.
Something that Titan or lunchbox can't do.
Sure, Taiidan is better, but you'r not really a Corsair in that ship.
And you don't have anything common with them.

@Linkero - Praetorian is like, 3x shorter then waran, thus much harder to hit.
Waran can be called a 'flying target' for example. Same goes for Barghest or Thor in 4.84.
But still Kudos to you for using it:)

Bomber preferences. - Walker - 09-23-2008

HIJACK!

Say...
What do the Order use for bombers? Praetorians do right?