Discovery Gaming Community
NPC scanning habits - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: NPC scanning habits (/showthread.php?tid=12414)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

NPC scanning habits - BigBang0315 - 09-24-2008

To start out with: My Gemini character is a Zoner.

I have him equipped with H-Fuel, Ship crew, Foodstuffs, Light arms, the works. However, I noticed that it is insanely difficult to attempt to RP with a Human Corsair, when 37 Titans are demanding you drop your fuel. And it's impossible to fly outside of the trade lanes when the Outcasts, Rogues, Unioners, Xenos, Junkers etc. stop you at every turn to make you drop your fuel.

As of earlier today, I stopped carrying these "essentials", but it kinda feels like your missing something, especially when you have RP cargo like VIPs and such. Is there a way to make the Zoner ID so that NPCs won't scan it? Or are the NPC scanning habits hardcoded?

NPC scanning habits - Orin - 09-24-2008

Make your rep with the Corsairs better and they won't demand cargo.

As a Zoner, your rep with them should be friendly as is.

NPC scanning habits - dr lameos - 09-24-2008

What annoyed me was I's carrying slaves to Alpha and in Beta they kept asking for them! Along with the items I was disguising them in my hold with.

If i wasn't smuggling for themthen fine, but i was so that was stupid. They shouldn't scan for contraband in Beta/alpha/eta or tau37

In any of those places its pretty likely you'll be smuggling for them. And therefore stupid they try and pirate you

NPC scanning habits - BigBang0315 - 09-24-2008

I got all non-guard reps completely neutural. Allying the Corsairs would upset that... (it's really really delicately neutural) Besides, Corsairs is just an example.

A lot of factions don't like my fuel.

NPC scanning habits - jimmy Patterson - 09-24-2008

i think its hardcoded as everytime you undock they treat you as freelancer even tho your military or whatever

NPC scanning habits - FooFighter - 09-30-2008

Why not remove the NPC's ability to ask for cargo altogether? In my opinion, it neither really contributes to roleplaying nor to the gameplay. There are enough player pirates, they should do the pirating.

NPC scanning habits - Tenacity - 09-30-2008

Pirate NPCs dont scan you once you're friendly with their faction. I dont see why lawful NPCs cant act the same way.

NPC scanning habits - Nightmouse - 09-30-2008

' Wrote:Why not remove the NPC's ability to ask for cargo altogether? In my opinion, it neither really contributes to roleplaying nor to the gameplay. There are enough player pirates, they should do the pirating.

/signed

And while you're at it, make them stop scanning for contraband as well, might stop the endless fighting between Bounty Hunters and police and players having to dodge npcs just to be able to sell their pilots. Scanning for contraband is a players' job as well IMO.

NPC scanning habits - BigBang0315 - 09-30-2008

This is true, how many people actually do end up dropping their cargo?

All they think is "Great... Where's nearest TL/Station I can shake them off at..."

I don't blame them. It truly does get annoying when you have all of Crete blowing your face off for your 30 light arms.

It's also quite humorous when 3 Bounty Hunter HFs tell a Liberty Dreadnought patrol to drop their admiral.

But, are scanning habits hardcoded or no? Anybody 100% sure?

NPC scanning habits - Dantrithor - 09-30-2008

' Wrote:Pirate NPCs dont scan you once you're friendly with their faction. I dont see why lawful NPCs cant act the same way.

Wish i didn't have navy/LPI/BH asking me for that pilot i scooped from a pirate 20 min ago while in a huge furball. I once was attempting to RP an arrest with a smuggler in Houston (he docked there) in my LSF fighter, when some random NPC asked for cargo. I didn't notice and closed the window accidentally. Insta-death by stationary battleship. Reaction in system? 3 "LOL" in the time it took me to respawn.