Discovery Gaming Community
POB Update: defensemode rewrite - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: POB Update: defensemode rewrite (/showthread.php?tid=124369)

Pages: 1 2

POB Update: defensemode rewrite - Alley - 01-06-2015

The defensemode parameter of Player Owned Bases has been rewritten.
There is now five defense modes to choose from. Please note that defensemode 0 does not exist anymore and all bases that were using it have been set to defensemode 1, which is close to the same thing.

With the arrival of this rewrite, the little issue that bothered some POB owners is now gone and they are asked to give an IFF to their base as asked in the following thread (and the punishment for not abiding is written there as well) http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=124335

The new defense modes are:

Quote:Defense Mode 1 - Logic: Blacklist > Whitelist > IFF Standing
Docking Rights: Whitelisted ships only.

Defense Mode 2 - Logic: Blacklist > Whitelist > IFF Standing
Docking Rights: Anyone with good standing.

Defense Mode 3 - Logic: Blacklist > Whitelist > Hostile

Defense Mode 4 - Logic: Blacklist > Whitelist > Neutral
Docking Rights: Anyone with good standing.

Defense Mode 5 - Logic: Blacklist > Whitelist > Neutral

This should cover almost all if not all scenarios.

If you're unsure about what the logic is, for defense mode 1 it is :
Code:
First step: - Is the player blacklisted? If yes, turn hostile. If not, continue checks.
Second step: - Is the player whitelisted? If yes, turn friendly and give docking rights. If not, continue checks.
Third step: - Get the player's IFF standings. If his reputation sheet to the NPC affiliation of the base is hostile, turn hostile. If rep is friendly, turn friendly. If neutral, turn neutral. No docking rights either way.

for defense mode 2 it is :
Code:
First step: - Is the player blacklisted? If yes, turn hostile. If not, continue checks.
Second step: - Is the player whitelisted? If yes, turn friendly and give docking rights. If not, continue checks.
Third step: - Get the player's IFF standings. If his reputation sheet to the NPC affiliation of the base is hostile, turn hostile. If rep is friendly, turn friendly. If neutral, turn neutral. Give docking rights if friendly or neutral.

for defense mode 3 it is :
Code:
Third step: - YOU DIE if not whitelisted.

for defense mode 4 it is :
Code:
Third step: - Neutrality. Give docking rights.

for defense mode 5 it is :
Code:
Third step: - Neutrality. Do not give docking rights.

Ingame /base documentation has been updated as well.

RE: POB Update: Defensemode rewrite - Gulryz - 01-06-2015

Nice changes

RE: POB Update: defensemode rewrite - Freeroamer - 01-06-2015

Good one Ally

RE: POB Update: defensemode rewrite - Arioch - 01-06-2015

Exciting news yes, but it comes with a caveat. We are currently discussing ways to prevent people from locking down jumpholes/gates/etc to otherwise accessible locations. So while it is great to be able to set your base to be hostile to anyone whom is not on the whitelist, we will be enforcing rules as to base placement in relation to jumpgates/holes/etc. Keep an eye out for an announcement soon. Also, the one week rule for setting your base IFF is still in effect. Set your IFF, have fun, and remember to provide the Admins with coffee and... *cough* synth weed to me.

RE: POB Update: defensemode rewrite - Gypsie Skripto - 01-06-2015

I've tried to see how this new method fails and I failed to realize the flaw myself, so kudos I guess! Nice work!

RE: POB Update: defensemode rewrite - Tigger - 01-06-2015

Thank you!
On reading the OP I messaged Drew & said he could set the IFF. I'll be out of game until after surgery & biopsy on the 15th

RE: POB Update: defensemode rewrite - Lythrilux - 01-06-2015

(01-06-2015, 04:32 AM)Drrobe Wrote: Exciting news yes, but it comes with a caveat. We are currently discussing ways to prevent people from locking down jumpholes/gates/etc to otherwise accessible locations. So while it is great to be able to set your base to be hostile to anyone whom is not on the whitelist, we will be enforcing rules as to base placement in relation to jumpgates/holes/etc. Keep an eye out for an announcement soon. Also, the one week rule for setting your base IFF is still in effect. Set your IFF, have fun, and remember to provide the Admins with coffee and... *cough* synth weed to me.

That's just the icing on the cake.

RE: POB Update: defensemode rewrite - spacedragon - 01-06-2015

(01-06-2015, 03:35 AM)Alley Wrote: ...
This should cover almost all if not all scenarios.
First: BIG THANKS for all your work!
... always missed a possibility to adjust docking rights for ONLY FRIENDLY ships (="green" to base affiliation or on whitelist). This is STILL MISSING.
maybe can be fixed?

RE: POB Update: defensemode rewrite - Jack_Henderson - 01-06-2015

Important question to Alley:

What means "neutral".
Neutral can be "almost red" to "almost green".

Allowing every shade of "white-rep" in will result in broken rules.

Example: IMG opens base to green/white. If everything "not-red" can dock, factions that are "no-docking rephacked" but not red can dock there, resulting in a 1.3 rule violation.

"Neutral" for this needs to be defined as rep 0,0 and better". Minus-rep has to be "no dock".
Or draw the line at "-0,3", but I'd rather only allow people who are really neutral and friendly.

So, clarification would be nice.

Thank you!

Jack

RE: POB Update: defensemode rewrite - GamerGirl - 01-21-2015

I would like to have a defensemode that gives no gunfire at all. So the weapons are ignoring all until it is fired on. Even by hostile ships. Is this possible to do?