Discovery Gaming Community
Coordinating a large number of players - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Coordinating a large number of players (/showthread.php?tid=124441)

Pages: 1 2 3

Coordinating a large number of players - Outro - 01-08-2015

I have participated in two kinds of (relatively large) group fights so far. Texas (or Magellan) raids and two "Beamed-into-Omicron-Iota" events. While the Texas battles are notoriously known and tactics is usually decided beforehand, Omicron events are much more difficult to coordinate. To make it clear, I am talking about coordinating Liberty lawfuls here.

The ideal scenario (as I imagine it) is like this:
  1. Everyone listens to their leader.
  2. There is no useless spam in group (local) chat.
  3. Everyone moves in one large formation, protecting the valuable cargo.
  4. Everyone protects everyone. If there is a force ahead, everybody fights them until it's over. If there is a force on tail, everyone stops, returns and helps the CD'd caps (for example).
The real scenario:
  1. Usually only a part of players listen to their leader — not always intentional and relates to the following point.
  2. Group chat is spammed so fast that fighting players cannot keep track with leader's orders (hopefully I'm not the only one experiencing this problem).
  3. Formation breaks up easily when part of the players decide to "escape" and leave the rest behind.
  4. Forces are scattered between those who escaped and those who are stuck behind. Goes with the above-mentioned point.
What is your opinion on this matter? Are there any "pro-tips" how to keep a large, moving group organized?

RE: Coordinating a large number of players - Sylvie557 - 01-08-2015

Honestly it is pretty much impossible for large spontaneous events like that to be organized the outcast/nomads were having similar issues.

RE: Coordinating a large number of players - RNC-Hesse - 01-08-2015

I would out point teamspeak // VOIP, but barely anyone uses that due to lack of micro, inability to settle it up or for connection reasons. Not that there are deaf players as well.

Or simply they have to play in silence.

RE: Coordinating a large number of players - Sath - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 12:56 AM)Outro Wrote: I have participated in two kinds of (relatively large) group fights so far. Texas (or Magellan) raids and two "Beamed-into-Omicron-Iota" events. While the Texas battles are notoriously known and tactics is usually decided beforehand, Omicron events are much more difficult to coordinate. To make it clear, I am talking about coordinating Liberty lawfuls here.

The ideal scenario (as I imagine it) is like this:
  1. Everyone listens to their leader.
  2. There is no useless spam in group (local) chat.
  3. Everyone moves in one large formation, protecting the valuable cargo.
  4. Everyone protects everyone. If there is a force ahead, everybody fights them until it's over. If there is a force on tail, everyone stops, returns and helps the CD'd caps (for example).
The real scenario:
  1. Usually only a part of players listen to their leader — not always intentional and relates to the following point.
  2. Group chat is spammed so fast that fighting players cannot keep track with leader's orders (hopefully I'm not the only one experiencing this problem).
  3. Formation breaks up easily when part of the players decide to "escape" and leave the rest behind.
  4. Forces are scattered between those who escaped and those who are stuck behind. Goes with the above-mentioned point.
What is your opinion on this matter? Are there any "pro-tips" how to keep a large, moving group organized?

People generally tend to listen to three types of people in Disco, as far as I have known.
Admins, Friends, Known Veterans.

Anybody else who supposedly takes command of a part/whole fleet, gets ignored by people apart from his friends/faction members.

So, basically, keeping everyone organized is impossible, unless all are members of a single faction/factions with friends and a common leader to guide them. This is self explanatory for all the points you have mentioned. A group with single faction members is more organised than a group with mix of indys and different faction members.

Spamming group chats cannot be controlled, as, for every person, his/her view/discovery/idea. One thing to keep them a little more decent is by giving very important information in full caps. That gains some attention.

RE: Coordinating a large number of players - Sciamach - 01-08-2015

Use teamspeak. Teamspeak helps coordination.

Pwomise

RE: Coordinating a large number of players - Shaggy - 01-08-2015

You all lie Smile haha it is easy to co-ordinate a big fleet, and win, and not use team speak or skype or any kind of voice chat. I have done it many times and the faction im doing it with are winning and loosing less ships than the enemy while being out numbered. It is possible, but the tactic I am using I am not sharing due to me being targetted via members of this community and making my time here and my game play and RP horrible and I have wanted to leave many times recently, but there have been a few people that have stopped me so.

Yeah Big Grin It is possible but im not telling you how

RE: Coordinating a large number of players - Liberty Security Force - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 01:40 AM)Shaggy Wrote: Yeah Big Grin It is possible but im not telling you how
Then don't post.

The real solution is to use Teamspeak.

RE: Coordinating a large number of players - Sylvie557 - 01-08-2015

No one is saying its not possible, problem is when it is a large group of random players like the LNS/nomad/outcast event today.

RE: Coordinating a large number of players - Shaggy - 01-08-2015

Loki that was purely because no one was listening to what I was trying to say, Odyssy was "In Command" but did not say anything, Goerge W Bush should have taken command from the begining and everyone should have protected him at all costs. If there was guys left behind then we should have all waited, but like i just stated everyone zoomed off in front and then some got taken out in Tau 37, some in Tau 23, and some in Newcastle because GWB and the people around him left everyone behind and the guys behind was taken out 1 at a time. I could see it happening so

RE: Coordinating a large number of players - Veygaar - 01-08-2015

|RR was pretty good at group coordination/protection back in the day.

IMG| looks like they do good at it atm.