Discovery Gaming Community
Tau 65 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Tau 65 (/showthread.php?tid=12445)

Tau 65 - Hyperion - 09-24-2008

So, here is the GC guard system, 99% finished.

I have read the topic about Omega 54, and there Jinx had the statment that the first view of the system is very important -- and it is true:)

so the first view, after jumping from Hokkaido

[Image: b63g5f.jpg]

[Image: 14sp1zc.jpg]

Kawada Research Complex was built in 791 A.S, in conjunction with Blood Dragon engineers, primarily to study the Ekitei X-Ray Pulsar, but also as a secluded location where work on new weapons and ship testing could proceed away from prying eyes. Despite being completed with the help of the Blood Dragons, the majority of the staff is female, although there are nevertheless a number of Blood Dragon technicians remaining onboard. Several weapons have been released for Golden Chrysanthemums to use during recent years, including the development of the Suncannon type D in 815 A.S, which is the latest in the Suncannon line. There are rumoured to be other weapons under development, although as yet nothing further has been released and much of the information is strictly classified, even to other members of the Sisterhood. The X-Ray Pulsar is deemed to be an important research project, as it releases radioactive energy in the form of periodic bursts. The massive energy collector panels along the station both trap the energy pouring from the Pulsar and shield the station’s inhabitants from the deadly radiation. It is hoped by Golden Chrysanthemum scientists that the energy could be harnessed to solve many of the power problems facing their organisation’s continued expansion and growth, and any new technology derived from such advances could also perhaps be offered as a bargaining chip in a political settlement for equal rights for all women throughout Kusari.

[Image: i40h2g.jpg]

The Takada Shipyard building project began in 713 A.S, using the stolen blueprints of Yokohama Shipyard, although due to financial and material shortages it was never finished until 725 A.S. Built in orbit of the planet Kitahara, the shipyard was designed to handle the testing of finalised prototype ships designs and construction of actual ships for use by the Golden Chrysanthemums and their allies. Several designs for heavy fighters were tested here, although most were eventually scrapped, due to being unable to compete with existing fighters constructed by the Kusari Naval Forces. Most of the Sisterhood’s ship repair facilities are located at Takada, and a number of Outcast engineers also reside onboard the station to assist in keeping the organisation’s ships at an operational status. A number of docking berths for capital class vessels were also constructed as part of the shipyard, for although the Golden Chrysanthemums do not have many warships, many of their allies do, and some often call at Takada for repairs. A large amount of the materials for the shipyard production lines come from freighters hijacked across Kusari, although there are small mining operations on the planet below, with captured prisoners working the mines. The shipyard also serves as an important way station for traffic between the planet and the other bases within the system, although vessels approaching the shipyard should check their IFF to ensure it is up to date as the various weapon platforms, Sisterhood patrols and active minefields are not very forgiving of unauthorised intruders.

[Image: 2zhqjro.jpg]

Tau 65 - sn!p3r - 09-25-2008

Looks great

Tau 65 - Sand_Spider - 09-25-2008

Ah yes, Tau-65.. I remember when it belonged to the NovaPG (It was and still is a rather boring system).. Glad to see the GC bought it out and refurbished the place, looks fantastic.

Tau 65 - Eppy - 09-25-2008

Actually, Tau-65 belonged to Bushido. Also, nice work, Hype, though I think it's a little bigger than what the GC were intended (but whatever).

Tau 65 - Orin - 09-25-2008

Looks very purty. Good job.

Tau 65 - Panzer - 09-25-2008

Finally a place worth looking at. For now it is more like fit for the Phantoms rather than a lovable bunch of ladies high on cardi.

Cutie.

Tau 65 - torchwood - 09-26-2008

i quite like it. nothing to stop me exploring it:lol:

Tau 65 - Saigo.Watanabe - 09-27-2008

looking good, and ill stop anyone who shouldnt be in the system:P

Tau 65 - Kuraine - 09-29-2008

Looking good, although i've already been round it XD Cheers to Hyperion though for his putting up with me and my endless requests/changes etc over the last 6 months of working on it.