Discovery Gaming Community
To: Owners of 'Poena Outpost' - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Owners of 'Poena Outpost' (/showthread.php?tid=124604)

Pages: 1 2

To: Owners of 'Poena Outpost' - Wildkins - 01-12-2015

****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****

COMM ID: CMDR GRAHAM, John
TARGET ID: Owners of 'Poena Outpost'
SUBJECT: Illegal base activity
ENCRYPTION: HIGH
PRIORITY: HIGH

Owners of Poena Outpost:

LSF operatives have discovered your illegal operation within the Kepler system. As per Liberty Law, section Two, subsection One, you are required to register all bases in the system of Kepler with Liberty law enforcement. Due to your complete failure to legally register your base, you are required to pay a penalty fee of 50.000.000¢ as well as the monthly fee of 21.000.000¢ (Core Three Base, Kepler System [Zone 4]) to Ferris.Dufresne immediately. Additionally, you are to supply all information regarding your station's IFF, affiliation, relations with criminal and subversive elements, and currently operated facilities. Failure to pay these penalty fees within 48 hours or breaking any further liberty laws will result in your base's untimely demise.

Commander John Graham, out.

****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****

RE: To: Owners of 'Poena Outpost' - Tigger - 01-12-2015

[Image: jen4.png]

[Image: jenitcomms1.gif]

Encrypted:

CC: Blackport 66 management

Commodore Graham,

First I would like to offer my congratulations on the fine job the LSF has performed in locating a base that was neither new nor secret. As Peona Outpost approaches it's 18th month in service the temerity and dedication of the LSF to swiftly identify possible threats to liberty proves that your ship captain and staff are deserving of its reputation within the public community.

On receipt of your transmission I immediately notified the IND legal team, of which I'm sure you are aware one branch comprises a block of downtown buildings in central Manhattan. With our attorneys hard at work I have been advised to offer the following:

I. We are surpised the that LSF would be contacting us with regards to business matters such as licensing and fees. That is not the normal pervue for the LSF which is an intelligence gathering agency. Would it not be normal procecdure to have the department of commerce convey this message?

II. The transponders on your message are somewhat dated. Could you please confirm that you are primary fleet of the Liberty Security Force and that you are acting under confirmed orders of your admiralty?

III. The payment routing information of "Ferris.Dufresne" is not a known governmental entity within Liberty. Without proper routing credentials being confirmed, payment could not possibly be transferred.

To wit, we have contacted Superior Circuit Court Judge Stephens on the matter and an injuction prohibiting further action on your part has been issued. A writ of habeas corpus has been filed to establish confirmation of your identity as well as whether you have authority to issue such demands for fines; the reasoning for the non-governmental bank routing information provided; and whether you have jurisdictional authority in the matter.

In addition, as we were contacted by the management of Blackport 66 within the system, a base with whom we have done business and has similar issues regarding the awkwardness of your transmission, we have included Blackport 66 as an additional plaintiff in the legal proceedings and the injunction and stay apply to them as well.

I'm sure that in time this can be settled through the courts. I'm told that an initial hearing could well be possible within the next five years or so.

Brenda Carlisle
IND
Communications Director - Peona Outpost

[Image: jeniendtrans.gif]

RE: To: Owners of 'Poena Outpost' - Jayce - 01-12-2015

"Good afternoon. Ich am Eva Adenauer, Executive Director of the Liberty Security Force. I vill be more zen happy to answer your questions, as mundane and moronic as they may be.

Quote:I. We are surpised the that LSF would be contacting us with regards to business matters such as licensing and fees. That is not the normal pervue for the LSF which is an intelligence gathering agency. Would it not be normal procecdure to have the department of commerce convey this message?

Mister John Graham is a member of the Primary Fleet of the Liberty Navy, not an agent of the Security Force. As such, he is working under the supervision of the Department of Commerce, as well as the Admiralty Board.

Quote:II. The transponders on your message are somewhat dated. Could you please confirm that you are primary fleet of the Liberty Security Force and that you are acting under confirmed orders of your admiralty?

See above.

Quote:III. The payment routing information of "Ferris.Dufresne" is not a known governmental entity within Liberty. Without proper routing credentials being confirmed, payment could not possibly be transferred."

Ferris.Dufresne is recognized by the Liberty Security Force, Liberty Police Incorporated, the Liberty Navy, as well as all independent contractors in Liberty as the routing account for incoming and outgoing credits.

I hope zese answers have been forthcoming.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Eva Adenauer, Director of Internal Affairs, de-facto Executive Director

RE: To: Owners of 'Poena Outpost' - The Republic Of Liberty - 01-12-2015

Ms. Carlisle,

While we are troubled by the tone of your transmission to a commander of the Navy Primary Fleet, we are even more troubled by how woefully uninformed you appear, especially for a supposed representative of the Independent Neuralnet Division. Although I have never heard of you before, I would have thought that your organization would have some record of past payment to Representative Dufresne of the National Treasury.

Your legal threats have done nothing to stall our request for information and payment within 48 hours. Frankly, they have been a waste of judicial resources reading over and throwing out such an absurd request to investigate publicly visible members of our own National Treasury and Primary Fleet command. Considering your reputation for expediency, we may be inclined to reduce the time frame to 24 hours if you are indeed a representative of IND.

For your own sake, I hope the members of your legal team have graduated from accredited law schools, because you certainly have not done your homework.

- William Hawthorne, Secretary of State for Trade and Economics

Encrypted:

CC: IND Headquarters
IND Corporate Legal Department, Liberty
Blackport 66 management

Note: Part 1 of a multipart document

Mr. Hawthorne,

Thank you very much for your response. I'd also like to thank you for the correction to commander rather than commodore in regards to Mr. Graham. I'm sure you can understand that when someone simply identifies themselves with a rank and no affilliation other than LSF operations can be deemed more than a little bit confusing.

* Commander Graham did not identify himself as a member of the Liberty Navy Primary Fleet. His correspondence simply stated his presumed rank and began with LSF Operations. I'm sure you can see how confusing this would be to any recipient as an intelligence gathering agency is not one which would normally have jurisdiction in such matters such as declaring fines and such. Thus with Mr. Graham's failure to properly identify himself we had little choice but to demand proper idenfification and authority.

* As for the question regarding the payment address, that was a personal question, not one of the legal team. In my previous dealings with the governments of Bretonia, Kusari, and other entities the payment address is more specifically defined. For example BPA)Anvil for licensing payments in Bretonia. Thus, once again, the sender failing to identify himself clearly led to question of each portion of the message.

* In regards to "legal threats" there have been none whatsoever. Seeking an injunction against action while facts are determined is a normal business procedure. Likewise a writ of habeus corpus to determine if any wrongdoing has been committed is also a normal proecedure which I'm sure you're familiar with. It's a determination of legal standing and clearly not a threat of any kind.

Brenda Carlisle
IND

Encrypted:

Blackport 66 management

Note: Part 2 of a multipart document

Mr. Hawthorne,

As previously stated Peona Outpost has been in operation for quite some time. Originally built as a joint operation, we leased and outsourced the base management to Mr. Don Davies several months ago. Mr. Davies issued the following open pubic communication several months ago.

That there was no response of any kind from the government of Liberty until now is both unusual and confusing. If this has been a clerical error on the part of some clerk in the Liberty government that is understandable, however the error is on the part of the government, not IND or affiliates. I fail to see how an error on some lowly clerk's part is sufficient cause to threaten our depot installatoin with fines or worse.

Quote:
[Image: itn8V6D.png]

Greetings ladies and gentlemen of all races of Sirius

I, as the new appointed administrator of Poena, welcome you, after months and months of negotiations, talks, disagreements and final agreements, Poena is now open to all.

All that is required to dock is by contacting me or my fellow officers on the base, your ship transponders, and your faction; sounds simple doesn't it, that because it is.

let me tell you about Poena, Poena was run by a joint agreement between 2 factions, and as I had spent many a long days work supplying Poena, sorting out crew problems, fixing issues with docking bays, and generally sorting the majority of anything that could go wrong (with some help I may add),i decided to buy the base off of the original owners, and become the Head Administrator of Poena, that wasn't my intentions in the beginning, but as time went on I got to know so much about the systems on board, I got to know the crew and their families, and thus decided to retrain them, they are now a fantasticly well organised crew

Currently Poena is a resting place for everyone, nothing is stored or made on here, subject to change

Poena docking rules/regulations:-

1. Everyone is welcome. Simple really, but they MUST fill in a docking request, BEFORE trying to dock, as the automated turrets are programmed by the gunnery crew to shoot on sight, if a ship comes in range that is not on the allowed docking list. PLEASE be careful

2. EVERYONE must realise that they represent their entire faction in their behaviour, if they cause problems in the hallways, docking bays, in the bar or in fact anywhere on Poena, their rights of docking alongside their factions rights will be nullified, Poena WILL be a peaceful base. So please think about that before you decide your actions

3. If there are issues between ship captains or factions that are docked please take the issues outside 10k range of Poena, the location of Poena is far away from any lanes enough NOT to cause problems with any house military (of course the local militaries will be allowed to dock upon request)

4. there will be no pirating on board Poena or within 5k (please refer to rule 2)

You will find the bar very relaxing,

[Image: epjhOtv.jpg]

Your cabins luxurious and well kept

[Image: PJ8U07J.jpg]

(please therefore do NOT abuse staff or any fixtures (please refer to rule 2))

Docking request information needed:

SHIP NAME:
FACTION: ID/IFF
REASON FOR DOCKING REQUEST

The location of Poena is in a gas cloud, in the Kepler system, Grid reference F/6

My command crew and staff wish you a pleasant stay at Poena; no one is judged what they do as long as they abide by the rules

[Image: uOVDCrS.jpg]

[Image: CbsrVqP.png]

Brenda Carlisle
IND

Encrypted:

Blackport 66 management

Note: Part 3 of a 3 part multipart document

Mr. Hawthorne,

The location of Kepler for our depot was based largley on it being a Neutral system outside of House Space.

In particular the Laws Of Liberty specifically state the following. Please note the highlighted portion:

[Image: Libety-Laws-A-2015-01-12.png]

If Liberty makes no territorial claim on the system and specifies that the government of Liberty views the system as Neutral space, it stands to reason that construction of a depot base in a neutral system would therefore be exempted from licensure and registration.

As the law itself is contradictory with each part making the other moot, I propose that Peona Outpost be grandfathered in as a "registered" base sans fees since the government itself considers the sytsem neutral and makes no territorial claims on such neutral space. This being the case, the fines and fees are moot per the letter of Liberty Law.

That the law itself is contradictory and unclear, I propose we move forward with court proceedings in order that the judiciary can determine a rewording of the law to make it more clear.

Conversely, I've been authorized to make the following proposal in order to save time. IND will make a single payment of 200 million credits to cover the monetary element in whatever manner deemed by yourself Mr. Hawthorne (call it fees, fines, stipend, or whichever form you wish) in perpetuity for Liberty's registration of the installation.

As Mister Graham's initial message points out, the installation is not hostile to LSF or Liberty. It is used as a way station for storage and distribution of goods. I believe you'll find our offer of 200 million credits to dispense with this issue to be generous, and allow the government powers that be correct the wording in the law at their liesure rather than have a court decide the wording for them.

Brenda Carlisle
IND

PS The administrator of Blackport 66 has authorized me to state that if the third option provided here (the 200 million credit one time payment) is agreeable to the Department of State for Trade & Economics, then Blackport 66 is willing to make the same agreement and payment.

RE: To: Owners of 'Poena Outpost' - The Republic Of Liberty - 01-12-2015

Ms. Carlisle,

I apologize if I have little time to argue semantics. Thank you for directing us to the relevant listings and information on Poena. You are, in fact, correct that our databases are outdated. On a further investigation of our cached neuralnet postings, we have found a listing for one "Poena - Your friendly Smuggler base in Kepler", though our records no longer seem to match. You can rest assured that the analysts responsible for failing to notify us have been reprimanded appropriately. Nevertheless, as we cannot mount regular patrols to scan every sector of Libertonian space, the onus of declaring intent to build stations beforehand remains with their owners.

As for the Laws of Liberty, you are correct that Liberty does not hold a territorial claim to Kepler. However, if you were to read the excerpt you quoted carefully, you would see that Kepler still falls within "the house of Liberty" for the purpose of our laws. Therefore, this does not contradict "Section Two: Licensure", where you will find that Kepler is classified as a Zone 4 system, and Poena is thus subject to the monthly fee of 21.000.000¢, which will not be waived. Considering the resources we have been forced to expend settling this matter, we find your offer of 200.000.000¢ acceptable and will be expecting the aforementioned monthly fee at the start of next month.

In light of this alarming new evidence and your unwillingness to cooperate, we have reduced the time frame for payment and information on both bases to 24 hours. I believe that gives you approximately 5 hours to pay the requisite fines and registration fees. I suggest you use this time wisely, rather than attempting to find more loopholes.

As you appear to have been appointed to represent the management of Blackport 66, please forward this information to them, as well as our expectation that they will pay the monthly fee of 22.500.000¢ at the start of next month.

Encrypted:

Blackport 66 management

Mr. Hawthorne,

Our offer of 200 million credits was as a one time payment, not a voluntary increase in fees levied. Why you would think that is simply amazingly absurd.

Why you would determine verification of identity and legal standing as a waste of time is beyond civility. Your Mr. Graham failed to identify himself properly and the law itself is unclear.

Even though IND has simply attempted to ascertain validation of identity and clarification of jurisdiction, as welll as being very generous in its offer of 200 million credits, you become more beligerent with each proceding message and it's not even 24 hours since the original posting.

I can't help but insist that we move to the courts. If you are not willing to accept our one time payment then accept the original demand within the original time frame. Otherwise your itchy trigger finger betrays your abusive leanings.

Brenda Carlisle
IND

RE: To: Owners of 'Poena Outpost' - The Republic Of Liberty - 01-13-2015

Ms. Carlisle,

As mentioned in the previous transmission, the 200.000.000¢ includes all expenses incurred to date by us in dealing with this matter, as well as fines and fees owed by both bases, collectively. You may divide this 200.000.000¢ between IND and the Blackport 66 management however you see fit, so long as they are wired to Ferris.Dufresne, with proof.

Considering the amount of credits you are required to pay, we are willing to extend the time required to gather funds by an additional 36 hours. If you are concerned that this somehow poses a financial hardship for IND or the Blackport 66 management, we are also willing to accept an initial fine of 50.000.000¢, followed by monthly payments of 50.000.000¢ over the course of the next three months. Should you choose to pay by this method, the regular monthly licensing fees will still apply.

Your objection to our representation has been noted. However, Commander Graham's Comm ID should have been sufficient to identify him as a member of the Primary Fleet, and your team failing to verify that - whether intentionally, or otherwise - is hardly grounds to waive any fees or make concessions on our part.

Furthermore, all lawfully registered bases are required to allow docking access to Liberty's primary fleets ([LN], LPI-, =LSF=), please forward this requirement to the management of Blackport 66 as well.