Discovery Gaming Community
Minor problem with pirates - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Minor problem with pirates (/showthread.php?tid=124661)

Pages: 1 2 3

Minor problem with pirates - Mortyr - 01-13-2015

Today i had a confused situation.
I was camping at "home" (Java station) with my mining ship.
Then 2 pirates or something arrived with JM tag.
While i was away of the computer (for like 5 minutes)
They tried to pirate me but since they got no answer then they decided to kill me.

I'm just confused here...is that enough to blow my
ship into pieces? I mean it's RP server not PvP server, why bother killing someone who
doesn't reply and doesn't even have anything to pirate for...

RE: Minor problem with pirates - Alexander - 01-13-2015

Well, i wasn't implicated here but they had the rights to blow you up since they made a demand and even more they gave you time to respond, anyway good luck!

RE: Minor problem with pirates - Alestone - 01-13-2015

I agree with Mordor, they were within their rights.

Were they within the spirit of RP? No, of course not.

You got ganked by someone because they could. The server rules gave them the right to blow you up, so, like children everywhere, they went to the maximum abusive behavior they could legally get away with.

RE: Minor problem with pirates - Lythrilux - 01-13-2015

We knocked and had no response. So, the only logical conclusion from that point was to burn the house down.
We don't know if you're away from your keyboard for 5 minutes, or if you're actually sat at the monitor deliberately acting silent. Or worse: calling for help. The moral of the story here is that if you need to afk, you don't afk in space where the big bad JMs stalk, you afk whilst docked on the station.

Space is a dangerous place.

RE: Minor problem with pirates - WesternPeregrine - 01-13-2015

And probably there was a bounty waiting to be collecting for them if they found a unwilling IMG pilot to kill.

RE: Minor problem with pirates - Lythrilux - 01-13-2015

(01-13-2015, 09:51 PM)WPeregrine Wrote: And probably there was a bounty waiting to be collecting for them if they found a unwilling IMG pilot to kill.
This too actually.

RE: Minor problem with pirates - Sylvie557 - 01-13-2015

Yeah this is a RP server, if a pirate gives a demand and someone ignores them(afk would count) a perfectly valid RP response from the pirate would be to blow up the silent ship.

RE: Minor problem with pirates - nOmnomnOm - 01-13-2015

The pirates where probably thinking you were calling for help.
Personally i would have knocked all your guns off and left you with 1 hull hp.
oh and i would try to shoot off the shield and thruster too.

RE: Minor problem with pirates - Alestone - 01-13-2015

You people make a wonderful set of anecdotal evidence for a paper on the difference between morals and ethics...

RE: Minor problem with pirates - Mímir - 01-13-2015

So let me get this straight, a good roleplaying pirate would never rob a mute?

Are real-life pirates, the ones whose role we are trying to play, well-known for their kind hearts and such? They have a soft-spot for the impaired or what?

This isn't an AFK-style game, really. If the base was right next to you, why didn't you dock up? What if the players that came up to you wanted to do lengthy roleplay/cyber with you? It would have been kind of rude of you to just be AFK, waisting their time and effort, don't you think? This really isn't an AFK-style game.