Discovery Gaming Community
Gallic Junkers and Sirian Junkers - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Gallic Junkers and Sirian Junkers (/showthread.php?tid=124726)

Pages: 1 2 3

Gallic Junkers and Sirian Junkers - Fluffyball - 01-15-2015

Forgive me for making a new thread, but I am very interested into one fact. What is current relation between Junkers and Gallic Junkers?

I am asking, because one of the reasons are Taus, which are one of their shared zone of interest and I am wondering, if both Junker factions are allowed to pirate certain targets there (e.g. IMG) or even engage them (Hogosha is common enemy I believe) together, or rather they would fight each other (as GRN kinda do not like Sirian Junkers). I mean, ID reads that GJ cannot ally with any unlawfuls, however Junkers are quasi-lawfuls.

How does it work?

RE: Gallic Junkers and Sirian Junkers - Sylvie557 - 01-15-2015

From what I understand(which I may be wrong) there is two ways to RP a GJ with normal junkers. You can roleplay a GJ that is completely loyal to the crown which means you would dislike the traitors that the Sirian Junkers have become. The other option is that of GJ that only maintain a front of loyalty to the crown but actually sympathize with the the Sirian Junkers which means you can be friendly to the normal junkers as long as gallic lawfuls aren't around. This is all based upon random things I have heard from people regarding past GJ groups and the history of the Sirian Junkers originally being forced through a hyper gate to sirius by the crown which may not or may not be accurate info.

RE: Gallic Junkers and Sirian Junkers - Lythrilux - 01-15-2015

GJs in relation to Sirian Junkers were placed into the mod pretty stupidly. Their original backstory was retconned, however I have no idea what their current backstory is meant to be.
I really wish GJs could just be reintroduced as gallic privateers and having no relations to Junkers whatsoever.

RE: Gallic Junkers and Sirian Junkers - Euca - 01-15-2015

The way I like to see it is that the GJ is fractured internally after Reunion because they lost their contract with the Crown and 99.99% of everywhere else hates them.

Their relations with Sirian Junkers is supposed to be strained to the point where Sirian Junkers are seen as false junkers, competition or lowly Sirians. However, the lore is quite broken and really needs to be repaired in order to get a clue to what's been going on.

RE: Gallic Junkers and Sirian Junkers - Fluffyball - 01-15-2015

Quote:The way I like to see it is that the GJ is fractured internally after Reunion because they lost their contract with the Crown and 99.99% of everywhere else hates them.

That's interesting, because their later description states otherwise - they became Gallic Privateers, as their ID rules even says so.

I'm planning to bring up with someone the GJ subfaction whose goal is to eridicate IMG presence from Taus, as a "promotion of the Gallic mining operations in Taus" issued by GMS. You know, GMS cannot officially issue war over IMG, but they could use GJ to do that.

RE: Gallic Junkers and Sirian Junkers - Mímir - 01-15-2015

I think that part (edit: the privateering) was retconned, wasn't it?

(01-15-2015, 12:37 PM)Mímir Wrote: I think that part (edit: the privateering) was retconned, wasn't it?

It's still within ID, that's why I'm playing Gallic Junker at the moment, because it gives some IMG indies insecurity when I'm around Tau 23. In short, they are Xenos-like entity accepted by Gallics and hated by everyone else - and I'm fine with that. Even ZoI is small enough to not to be reduced, yet big enough to satisfy player playing GJ.

You know, the guys who in fact drive the Outcasts away, but you can't be sure if they won't turn on you as well.

Also, they can't ally with anyone but with Gallic lawfuls. Thread is to be closed, I believe.

RE: Gallic Junkers and Sirian Junkers - Lythrilux - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 12:37 PM)Mímir Wrote: I think that part (edit: the privateering) was retconned, wasn't it?
I'm not sure about that, but the bit about GJs going into Sirius as Sirian Junkers and stealing all the lane technology and other intel for the Crown was retconned. Hence why there's no real clue about what the link between Gallic Junkers and Sirian Junkers is, and where Gallic Junkers even came from.

Since GJ cannot ally with anyone but Gallic lawfuls, I believe SJ and GJ are at least neutral to themselves, if not unfriendly.

However, I believe neutrality would be the best solution, since GJ and SJ would technically ally against Hogosha and Unione Corse, yet Gallic Junkers in presence of GRN would turn on Junker claiming Gallic lawful's head - or just leave, left to the player choice. Or Junker would turn against Gallic Junker, if Outcasts are around.

RE: Gallic Junkers and Sirian Junkers - Jack_Henderson - 01-15-2015

If you do so, make sure you do not stage from Java and that you are red to IMG.