Discovery Gaming Community
[Coalition for Dummies] (Indy ID Helpbooklet) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: Sirius Coalition (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=461)
+------ Forum: Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=473)
+------ Thread: [Coalition for Dummies] (Indy ID Helpbooklet) (/showthread.php?tid=124881)

Pages: 1 2

[Coalition for Dummies] (Indy ID Helpbooklet) - Tabris - 01-19-2015

How to Role-play a Coalitioner

Since there is a vast lack of knowledge on HOW to play as the Coalition by folks I thought I would give a hand and explain some things.

First and foremost, the Coalition is made up of both home-grown Coalitioners on either Volgograd (A Cold planet, Hoth-like in fact, most folks there live in the domed cities that extend deep underground), JiangXi (Partially bombed planet with a few 'good' areas the Coalition has colonies, the rest of the planet though is being cleaned up and if you play alot of the STALKER games it's sorta like that) while the rest of our folks are defectors from all over Sirius (Except the Outcasts and those afflicted with Cardamine-ailments.)

The power structure is sorta like this.

Premier (The Head Honcho of the Coalition, the big cheese.)[
[State Duma] (Basically Parliament]

His Watchful Eye (A super-spook, his real identity is frankly not known to most, he basically runs the Coalition's 'shady-side'.
|
Field Marshal (Military Leader, he takes orders from the Premier, sometimes both Premier/Field Marshal is held by the same guy.)

The High Command (Generals, Colonels etc)

The Fighter Corps (Pretty much everybody under the HC in the Military)

Civilians (No need to explain here)

What's the Coalition about? What'r these nut-cases after?

The Coalition (Or Sirius Coalition) is frankly the remains of those folks in Starlancer, these folks hitched a ride on the Sleeper Ships (Mostly the Hispania) to Sirius as spies/sabotours. They are frankly trying to rebuild the Coalition by either conquest or converting the Houses under their flag-ideals.

Who do these folks pal around with?

Well the Coalition's allies in Sirius are few, however they have alliances with the Red Hessians, the Mollys & the TAZ (Those religious Zoner folks although this one is much more hush hush.) They also help out the LWB (The Rheinland Farmers) and have decent relations with the Bundeschuh and the Gaians.
They also do business with the IMG and are neutral to several other factions.

Who do they shoot?

Well under the regular Coalition ID you can shoot

Liberty Navy
Liberty Security Force
Liberty Police Inc

Rhienland Military
BDM
Rheinland Federal Police

Bretonia Royal Forces
Bretonia Intelligence Service
Bretonia Police
Bretonia Privateers

Kusari Naval Forces
KPT
Kusari State Police

Gallia Royal Navy
Gallia Royal Police

Any Police/Military ID'd vessel the regular Coalition ID can attack at will (with proper RP beforehand).

You can also stop contraband-hauling ships such as those with Slaves, Artifacts or Cardamine. However if you attack without a proper demand to drop the contraband than you are in violation of your ID.

What should I do as a Coalitioner?

There are several things you can do as an Indy Coalitioner; you can distrupt the conflicts of major militaries by injecting yourself into the fray and try to throw as many monkey-wrenches as you can into the fight. Distrupt police operations by assaulting their patrols in-house and in essence make it harder for them to maintain the stability of their shipping lanes. Also should you want to be able to do greater things you can work on the RP of your character and submit a request to join the 'Primary Fleet' or S.C.R.A. which will grant you greater choices of targets such as the Outcasts-Corsairs and Pirate organizations we are at odds with. Or you can simply disrupt those no-good smugglers on major routes and choke the life out of hostile criminal pocketbooks.

What should I avoid?

First off don't try to get a Destroyer as your ID will not permit it, second try to keep your encounters with Militaries/Police good, side with the weaker folks before you turn on em, the longer the fight goes on the weaker both sides will be in the long run in roleplay. Don't attack the same smuggler over and over again to entice a rage-quit, that's just cruel.

Also if you are unsure about an action or RP simply PM myself or another experienced player, they'll usually point you in the right directions.

One final tip. Don't take things too seriously, enjoy yourself and don't forget to try other factions too!

What 'Prefix' do I put in my Gunboat?

The Coalition uses CPW for it's warships, this means Coalition People's Warship, if you are a transport you use CPS (Coalition People's Ship). Example: CPW-Volgograd

Can I speak any 'Coalition' languages? (Russian,Chinese, Arabic etc etc)

Server Rules forbid this as it is an 'English Only Server'. However you can use small phrases as long as they are understandable such as 'Privyet Comrade!' However full on sentences are outright forbidden.

Where can my character come from?

Well Defectors tend to come from all over Sirius so there's little limit to WHERE your player can come from (except those afflicted with Cardamine-addiction), those coming from the Coalition itself tend to fall under either Russian/Chinese/Arabic decent. There ARE a couple 'other' colonies on JiangXi that include Gallic (From a previous RP) and Hispanic (Corsair defectors that came with the Battleship Havana & various families who defected) populations. However most folks tend to chose to join up as a defector.

[[OOC: This booklet will be expanded as questions are asked.]]

RE: [Coalition for Dummies] (Indy ID Helpbooklet) - Fluffyball - 01-19-2015

Thank you, this is what I wanted to find - the Coalition for Dummies tutorial. Althrough, it fits all my thoughts about how-to-play very well.

I must put request on how to tag my gunboat (you know, what kind of prefix, or something like that).

RE: [Coalition for Dummies] (Indy ID Helpbooklet) - Tabris - 01-19-2015

[Updated

Question Answered for Prefix]

RE: [Coalition for Dummies] (Indy ID Helpbooklet) - Sirius Star Federation - 01-19-2015

Nice tutorial! I hope we will see more indies in the battlefield to RP and fight with (devil) Looking forward to this.

RE: [Coalition for Dummies] (Indy ID Helpbooklet) - SnakeLancerHaven - 01-19-2015

I myself am offering help too, if you have any questions give a sign. Playing as indie Coalition here and there and offering my help, just bump me and we might log, have fun! Big Grin

RE: [Coalition for Dummies] (Indy ID Helpbooklet) - Chuba - 01-19-2015

can we just talk Russian we are playing as coalition
??
Pozalosta)))

RE: [Coalition for Dummies] (Indy ID Helpbooklet) - zslayern - 01-19-2015

Can we speak chinese too
Ing Wei Wo Hui Shuo Hua Wen, Suo Yi Ke Yi Yong Hua Wen Huai Hua Wu Ru Bie Ren

RE: [Coalition for Dummies] (Indy ID Helpbooklet) - Fluffyball - 01-19-2015

(01-19-2015, 02:42 PM)zslayern Wrote: Can we speak chinese too

To be honest it would be hard, because provided there were just trace member of the Coalition (on Hispania), I doubt there was any Chinese there. Perhaps more Russians, but I believe Russian is a dead language for at least 800 years (if Extended Cut Intro = destruction of Sol). Most of the Coalition members are of Colony Ship, so Sirian, origin - unless someone can roleplay out Second Coalition and introduce them in the same manner as Colonial Republic was.

Edit: Chinese names is indeed part of the Coalition lore, but not sure about biological Chinese. However, someone pointed out possibility to roleplay the Sol-origin guy.

RE: [Coalition for Dummies] (Indy ID Helpbooklet) - Curios - 01-19-2015

@zslayern and @Chuba,

I'll try to answer this - you can't actually talk anything but English here as it's an English speaking server. it's that way so we all can understand each others. However you can add words here and there while keeping message understandable on English. Example can be taken off Kusari or Rheinland where they use various cliches like Konnichi'wa, Guten Abend, Gaijin, etc - you've got it. So you can style your message and yet keep it understandable for the rest. This way various "Previet", "Tovarisch", "Laowai", "Nihao" etc are more or less acceptable to be used for style.

Just don't forget to make sure message is understandable in English.

RE: [Coalition for Dummies] (Indy ID Helpbooklet) - SnakeLancerHaven - 01-19-2015

(01-19-2015, 03:15 PM)Toris James Gray Wrote:
(01-19-2015, 02:42 PM)zslayern Wrote: Can we speak chinese too

To be honest it would be hard, because provided there were just trace member of the Coalition (on Hispania), I doubt there was any Chinese there. Perhaps more Russians, but I believe Russian is a dead language for at least 800 years (if Extended Cut Intro = destruction of Sol). Most of the Coalition members are of Colony Ship, so Sirian, origin - unless someone can roleplay out Second Coalition and introduce them in the same manner as Colonial Republic was.

Edit: Chinese names is indeed part of the Coalition lore, but not sure about biological Chinese. However, someone pointed out possibility to roleplay the Sol-origin guy.

Uhm, the Coalition Lore itself has the Chinese, Middle Eastern, Africans and Russians in their settlement. So, yes there are Chinese, even a planet has a Chinese name.