Discovery Gaming Community
Open Letter to Gypsie Skripto. (Re: FP11) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Open Letter to Gypsie Skripto. (Re: FP11) (/showthread.php?tid=125022)

Pages: 1 2

Open Letter to Gypsie Skripto. (Re: FP11) - n00bl3t - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 08:06 AM)Gypsie Skripto Wrote: I am writing here as acting leader of TAZ in view of Joggin's (MJ) extended absence and SMI-Greatfox (Bret) departure of our community.

About our right to claim we own a little piece of Livadia, I think Drrobe already made what you need to know clear, but even if rules weren't in the middle of your lot and ours in this quarrel, bear in mind that TAZ is the oldest official Zoner faction, and that alone is enough to think that we have significant business in all major Zoner facilities, and at least a linkman/woman in the less important ones (yes, I am pointing at Freeport 11, Golly, N00blet).

There's literally no reason to bring me up in that thread. I've kept a roleplay character on Freeport 11 but I gave up my leadership stake to Phoenix because of all the drama TAZ brought up. I maintain a sort of well-respected older character representative with no voting on the station direction at the moment, purely for the roleplay of an edge Zoner.

But since you did, let's go through some things.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/serverinterface.php?action=faction_status

That's a great old faction you have, sitting on just under 7 hours of activity. Must be doing a lot for the server to have that amount of sway. You can barely agree on a leader and you're trying to pretend you have interests on every station. I had a hearty chuckle.

Anyway, if you want to be on a roleplay server, how about you follow roleplay consequences?

If you want to commit crimes which limit freedom of movement against a certain character and that certain character just happens to inRP be the Base Administrator of a station, chances are there's going to be roleplay consequences for what you just did. Unless the mighty TAZ can suddenly deus ex machina out of those consequences. (Almost as much of a entertaining situation as Administrators pretending that text on the forum adhering to RP consequences and buildup = actions in-game to limit movement = deserving of a sanction.)

Let's revisit what happened. TAZ turns on The Order and the Freeport which is smack bang in Order territory will somehow manage to keep TAZ agents on board. Makes sense. Even if Freeport 11 citizens didn't really dislike you enough for capturing their two heads/representatives, abandoning them in the Omicroner wars, and the general levels of disdain with which you've treated them with (hint: they don't like you), the basic lesson is that Freeports keep peace by getting rid of people that cause trouble. If The Order wants TAZ agents, they'll bust up the Freeport trying to get them. People on the base don't like getting busted up for protecting people they don't even like. Which would mean you have 0 agents on Freeport 11. As for The Order? They're always on the station and they protect it. Guess who Freeport 11 would side with? I get that you desperately want to powergame and avoid roleplay consequences for your actions, but that's poor form and as an old faction that supposedly knows the ropes you should adhere to a higher standard.

It's alright though, I'm sure your connections will no doubt ensure that you do not face roleplay consequences for your actions, and that any that oppose your viewpoint are met with swift and fierce retribution.

This was just a basic heads up for how roleplay consequences work since you can't figure it out. Try to take it easy next time you invoke my name. Cheers.

NB (mainly for the people who like green text and the one masquerading in yellow): None of this means ships representing Freeport 11 will limit the actions of [TAZ] or any other zoner ship from landing with Freeport 11, or will violate their ID restrictions or server rules in-game. Wouldn't want people to flip out and make a kneejerk reaction now would we?

RE: Open Letter to Gypsie Skripto. (Re: FP11) - Gypsie Skripto - 01-22-2015

Bro, you may have as many arguments as you want, still back then when we said we had a handful of popes operating there, you and Golly made as if that was *no* and went on as if our presence there was non existant. At first that was not well recieved in TAZ at all, but then we remembered how little we care about the Deep Omicrons and how we'd soon pull a stunt to drop our own Zonerdom and good riddance once and for all. We dropped that case, or let you have it your way because I guess in the bottom of our hearts we know that Delta is a lost territory for COF aligned Zoners, hence wat happened a couple of days ago.

RE: Open Letter to Gypsie Skripto. (Re: FP11) - n00bl3t - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 02:52 PM)Gypsie Skripto Wrote: Bro, you may have as many arguments as you want, still back then when we said we had a handful of popes operating there, you and Golly made as if that was *no* and went on as if our presence there was non existant. At first that was not well recieved in TAZ at all, but then we remembered how little we care about the Deep Omicrons and how we'd soon pull a stunt to drop our own Zonerdom and good riddance once and for all. We dropped that case, or let you have it your way because I guess in the bottom of our hearts we know that Delta is a lost territory for COF aligned Zoners, hence wat happened a couple of days ago.

If you dropped the issue, then you wouldn't be posting about it in an unrelated revenge sanction thread. Smile

In all sense, due to your roleplayed actions, it would be non-existent. That's pretty much it.

Enjoy the Taus.

RE: Open Letter to Gypsie Skripto. (Re: FP11) - Gypsie Skripto - 01-22-2015

I mentioned it because it's the same kind of powergaming being pulled off and because the day before TAZ ships were treated as hostile in the sorroundings of the base, and even if you claim that the people terrorizing the TAZ vessel were Order, they would not feel free to do so unless they had yours and Phoenixe's support.

Enjoy Iridium.

23s over and out.

(01-22-2015, 03:16 PM)Gypsie Skripto Wrote: I mentioned it because it's the same kind of powergaming being pulled off and because the day before TAZ ships were treated as hostile in the sorroundings of the base, and even if you claim that the people terrorizing the TAZ vessel were Order, they would not feel free to do so unless they had yours and Phoenixe's support.

Enjoy Iridium.

23s over and out.

Reading is a difficult task. Maybe if I quote the relevant part again it may get in.

(01-22-2015, 02:22 PM)n00bl3t Wrote: If you want to commit crimes which limit freedom of movement against a certain character and that certain character just happens to inRP be the Base Administrator of a station, chances are there's going to be roleplay consequences for what you just did. Unless the mighty TAZ can suddenly deus ex machina out of those consequences.

Let's revisit what happened. TAZ turns on The Order and the Freeport which is smack bang in Order territory will somehow manage to keep TAZ agents on board. Makes sense. Even if Freeport 11 citizens didn't really dislike you enough for capturing their two heads/representatives, abandoning them in the Omicroner wars, and the general levels of disdain with which you've treated them with (hint: they don't like you), the basic lesson is that Freeports keep peace by getting rid of people that cause trouble. If The Order wants TAZ agents, they'll bust up the Freeport trying to get them. People on the base don't like getting busted up for protecting people they don't even like. Which would mean you have 0 agents on Freeport 11. As for The Order? They're always on the station and they protect it. Guess who Freeport 11 would side with?

RE: Open Letter to Gypsie Skripto. (Re: FP11) - Alley - 01-22-2015

Take it to PMs, thanks

RE: Open Letter to Gypsie Skripto. (Re: FP11) - t0l - 01-22-2015

ladies and gentlemen

zoners

RE: Open Letter to Gypsie Skripto. (Re: FP11) - Thyrzul - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 02:22 PM)n00bl3t Wrote: Let's revisit what happened. TAZ turns on The Order...

For me, this part gave a hearty chuckle.

RE: Open Letter to Gypsie Skripto. (Re: FP11) - Doria - 01-22-2015

All that talk about RP consequences is funny, comming from someone that RPs that the only biodome available in light years of distance instead of making food and reclicing air and water became a turist resort (!!!!), and estate, luxury guests house, research facility...

Really, thats master RP right there!

And that citation of yours only proves you have no idea what RP is, specialy on a zoner role. And do not know the server rules also, what is the focus of this section. And your complaints about years old baffin issue were addressed by tons of people that disliked it (in the form of threads and even sanction reports), but I don't remember TAZ ever receiving a warning for that. Have you ever considered the possibility that the admins are right and you are wrong?

(01-22-2015, 03:39 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(01-22-2015, 02:22 PM)n00bl3t Wrote: Let's revisit what happened. TAZ turns on The Order...

For me, this part gave a hearty chuckle.

I wasn't involved in the direct event, so I have no idea what happened.

All I know is that something looked nomad-y and TAZ refused to allow/facilitate an inspection/turn over goods.

Doria, no idea what you typed. Sorry. Well, a little bit of an idea but there's like a few red herrings in there so I'd rather not bite before you clarify.