Discovery Gaming Community
Zappers - Slow-Firing Anti-Cap weaponry. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Zappers - Slow-Firing Anti-Cap weaponry. (/showthread.php?tid=125104)

Zappers - Slow-Firing Anti-Cap weaponry. - Fluffyball - 01-24-2015

Since Zappers are kind of useless and almost no one use them (they are bad at tracking fast-moving targets), why not to remake Zappers into cap weaponry that release powerful beam of energy, with refire rate being 0.33 or even lower? They would be good for hitting bigger targets at relatively big distances.

RE: Zappers - Slow-Firing Anti-Cap weaponry. - tommyt127 - 01-24-2015

Unless they're kept bad at tracking, they'll be used to snipe fighters snubs and gbs

Give every capship pilot a heavy long distance snac eh?

I know space isn't safe at the best of times, but this will kill bs vs gb pews

RE: Zappers - Slow-Firing Anti-Cap weaponry. - Connor - 01-24-2015

Bs aren't meant to fight gbs.... And no, turning Zappers into an anti cap weapon is pointless. It should be made into a point defensesystem for taking out missiles or snubs at close range

RE: Zappers - Slow-Firing Anti-Cap weaponry. - HuggieSunrise - 01-24-2015

I sunno snoop my solarius turrets do a better job of that.. even killing gunboats. the zappers ive always used in place of razors and they hurt! just at close range. maybe turn the razors into a longer range shot like the bombardment weapons in starlancer. cause mortars and missles by themselves are ok.. i just think there should be an quarter strength option for cruiers.

Cruiser being the achillies heel at range for a big ship.

RE: Zappers - Slow-Firing Anti-Cap weaponry. - sindroms - 01-24-2015

Start with renaming the weapon.

A zapper sounds like something Matell would make.

RE: Zappers - Slow-Firing Anti-Cap weaponry. - Blodo - 01-24-2015

(01-24-2015, 02:39 PM)Toris James Gray Wrote: why not to remake Zappers into cap weaponry that release powerful beam of energy, with refire rate being 0.33 or even lower? They would be good for hitting bigger targets at relatively big distances.

So... make them into Mortars/Heavy Mortars?

RE: Zappers - Slow-Firing Anti-Cap weaponry. - Kauket - 01-24-2015

exactly, make them into a closer range heavy dispersion beam, more damage, closer range, more energy

RE: Zappers - Slow-Firing Anti-Cap weaponry. - Fluffyball - 01-24-2015

(01-24-2015, 08:43 PM)Blodo Wrote:
(01-24-2015, 02:39 PM)Toris James Gray Wrote: why not to remake Zappers into cap weaponry that release powerful beam of energy, with refire rate being 0.33 or even lower? They would be good for hitting bigger targets at relatively big distances.

So... make them into Mortars/Heavy Mortars?

More something like this...
[Image: ss01070.jpg]

...with firepower of this, you'll know what I'm talking about if you played Homeworld Cataclysm:
[Image: image004.jpg]

Not so powerful like mortars, as laser weaponry would be more based onto precision rather than brutal force.