Discovery Gaming Community
Secure Conference Room FH-118 - Sparta Station - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Secure Conference Room FH-118 - Sparta Station (/showthread.php?tid=125425)

Pages: 1 2

Secure Conference Room FH-118 - Sparta Station - Stoner_Steve - 01-30-2015

[Image: xZZBcV7.jpg?1]

Brandon entered the room, sleep hung deeply to his eyes. His clothing was in disarray and he looked frightened. As if he had been awake for days; endlessly working on the same problem. He paced around the room once and took a seat. Starting to fiddle with the inlaid terminal in front of him.

RE: Secure Conference Room FH-118 - Sparta Station - Arioch - 02-02-2015

As Finn finished disembarking onto Sparta, he made his way down the long corridors that extended throughout the sation. Carved from on of the asteroids within the Peloponnese asteroid field, it housed the newest labs of the IRG, whom just recently claimed administratorship of it. Having multiple construction crews remodeling some of the rooms to house the plethora of laboratory equipment, Finn admired the speed in which the retrofit was proceeding.

After walking down a series of corridors, he made his way to one of the pre-existing conference rooms, FH-118 where he had been summoned by the newest member of the senior staff - Brandon Wright. As he walked in, he noticed Brandon in a disheveled look, peering over a tablet on the conference table.

"Evenin' Brandon. Looks like you've been busy since we last spoke concerning your new acquisition. Any new developments?"

As he sat down at the table, he reached into his side pocket of his jacket, and pulled out a flask.

RE: Secure Conference Room FH-118 - Sparta Station - Stoner_Steve - 02-02-2015

Brandon eyed Finns flask momentary before shaking himself and hitting a button on the terminal. The white lights around the room suddenly turned red and a small voice that was heavily synthesized spoke to the room at large. "Room Secured, Level 5 protocols are now in effect"

Brandon twiddled his thumbs for a moment before sighing heavily. "I could talk for hours about how I got my hands on this, but its going to be a worthless paperweight if we can't get it working." His fingers danced along the terminal as the holoprojector in front of him came to life.

[Image: TUtuuOJ.png]

Speaking like an adjunct professor Brandon launched into a detailed explanation, "The object is a cube roughly 100 centimeters on all sides and weighs 50 kilograms. Additionally the object has symmetry on all face sides and each face is further symmetric in itself. Also you will be interested to know that after preforming a deep scan the computer indicated that over 47% of the object is empty space."

He paused momentarily and started to rub his eyes. "There is also the small problem of how to turn it on, open it, hell even to use it. I've tried everything I can get my hands on here."

RE: Secure Conference Room FH-118 - Sparta Station - Remnant - 02-03-2015

A slightly familiar female stood outside of the meeting room. Her hands lazily in her pockets, eying the door. They were locked down? That's slightly disappointing. She had planned on crashing the meeting. It was mentioned that Finn was quite interested in something to rush out to Sparta to meet up with Brandon. Of course it would interest the other as well.

Slowly sliding down against the door, her back to the closed surface. Grabbing a sub out of the bag she brought of all things. Taking a bite of the food, she pulls out a tablet and enters in a few commands. With a quiet laugh, the send command pops by. The lights flicker inside of the conference room. The S.O.S code in Morse code flashes twice with the strobing lights. The co-founder merely continues to eat her sub sandwich against the door as she waited. She may be smart. Doesn't mean that she is professional in the slightest.

RE: Secure Conference Room FH-118 - Sparta Station - Stoner_Steve - 02-03-2015

Brandon frowned at the lights, he touched a few commands and the lights returned back to there original levels, and the holo projector shut off. "Hold that thought Finn, I think we have a guest outside"

Brandon touched the command pad again and the door slid open

Feeling the door open behind her back, she stows the tablet back in her bag, wrapping up her sub so she doesn't make a mess and placing it back in it's plastic bag. Getting to her feet, stretching her arms out. Turning, finding herself face to face with Brandon. Giving him a cheeky smile. "Hello, hello. Sorry about the interruption. Normally I would give up halfway and find something else to do, although there have been rumors that there is a demonstration that I would be quite interested in."

Nodding Finns way slightly, turning her attention back to Brandon. "I apologize for seeming rude. Although i'd say the more minds the better. I presume I can be trusted, at least I hope I can be."

RE: Secure Conference Room FH-118 - Sparta Station - Arioch - 02-03-2015

Finn looked up as the lights flickered, and watched Brandon move towards the door with a smile, as he had a guess as to what was going on. As the door slid open, and he heard Rachel's voiced, his grin turned into a chuckle, confirming his suspicion. As she nodded in his direction, Finn continued inspecting the item in front of him.

"Heh, took ya long enough t' get here. I knew you wouldn't pass up a chance t' take a gander yourself. Now come in and be useful and help us figure out next steps."

As he spoke, he held out his flask towards Rachel.

Rachel gives Finn a slight shake of her head, waving away the flask, mumbling a quiet 'no thank you'

"Pardon me for interrupting then, professor, feel free to continue." Eying the little piece carefully placed on the surface in front of them, her curiosity perking slightly.

RE: Secure Conference Room FH-118 - Sparta Station - Stoner_Steve - 02-03-2015

Brandon smiled and shook his head as he watched the interaction between Finn and Rachel. He tapped the tablet again and the rooms lights dimmed, the same voice spoke again. "Room Secured, Level 5 protocols are now in effect"

Brandon punched a few more commands and the holo-projector came back online. "As I was saying, this object is roughly 100 centimeters on all edges and weighs 50 kilograms. A deep scan from the computer indicated over 47% of the object is empty space." ." His fingers danced along the terminal and the object rotated several times. "As you can see each side of the object is perfectly symmetrical and each face is further symmetircal on itself."

He paused momentarily while he leaned back into his chair "Turning it on is still a minor problem." Brandon stroked his chin apparently lost in thought.

Rachel gives the object an interesting look, crossing her arms slowly. "More nomadic material it appears.. Classic stereotype of researchers to be looking into in the Omicrons, although it indeed is worthwhile." Thinking for a few seconds, letting out a quiet breath. Shaking her head. "The style seems about right, there's no doubt on what the origin is for the object. That makes our job 'slightly' easier I suppose, although there still is a lot which we don't know how to cope with.. I'm afraid I won't be much use on this type of thing. Physics, Engineering or Chemistry I can solve if you give me enough time. Things like this is out of my field though."

Pausing for a moment, looking between the two. "I do have a sister who might be able to help us with something like this. Although i'd like to hear what you think first McCool before I drag her in here. Perhaps Brandon here might be interested in a few shreds of knowledge she can share. Although admittedly she doesn't like working with other people. Disliking it even more than I do."