Discovery Gaming Community
VIP yacht - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: VIP yacht (/showthread.php?tid=12603)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

VIP yacht - Jinx - 09-29-2008

some time ago, we were presented a design concept for a yacht - some sort of luxory gunboat or something. - i have spun the idea a bit further and worked on a ship design that might find a niche in discovery. ( which isn t easy, as we already have like a ship for every occasion imaginable )

[Image: yachtcollection.png]

this is supposed to be a luxory yacht. - something like a smaller VIP transport ( without being a transport at all ) - a destroyer class vessel for a mini crew. its supposed to be made for either cooperation bosses or unlawful bosses that want to enjoy the luxory of a liner, - without thousand others - and that need the protection of a civilian warship.

the concept of this ship is similar to the kusari destroyer. - basicly a gunboat concept made for the higher shipclass. - its as large as the kusari destroyer - but offers a lot less combat efficiency.

it features 6 turrets, - 4 on the little frame able to fire forward in a 45 degree arc, one sitting in the front of the ship with a 40 degree arc and one that is able to fire backwards only. - so the ship itself has some huge blind spots ( or in other words - cannot be used in turret mode )

its also supposed to be a leisure yacht for whoever likes to travel in a generic, destroyer/cruiser class vessel of civilian origin. - since its unlikely that there is a civilian vessel matching any military grade vessel, this ship would not really be able to defeat any other destroyer/cruiser, but will most certainly protect its crew against attacks.

it is also equipped with a dual CM system.

suggested stats:

- 220.000 armour
- destroyer/cruiser shields
- 6 turrets, lvl9
- low destroyer energy core
- identical turning / agility with the kusari destroyer
- 250 cargohold ( yes - too low for capital ship armour )
- 300 bats/bots

- price 80 million

totally generic - those that can afford it should be allowed to fly it ( as long as the ID allows a destroyer class vessel ) - by that ... it should be a direct competitor of the kusari explorer and the talarca cruiser, which are also considered "generic"

edit: i remodelled the concept by linkus, cause i couldn t work on his imported models - was easier to start over again. - but credits for idea and concept goes to Linkus.
the model itself is textured ( obviously ), hardpointed, hitboxed and ready.

VIP yacht - Seth Karlo - 09-29-2008

Another great model.

As you created the barge model for me, I'll happily write the INI's for you...

Seth

VIP yacht - Ash - 09-29-2008

Looks good, could fit in with OS&C pretty well.

As well as privatley owned individual RP characters

VIP yacht - Linkus - 09-29-2008

Once again Jinx, your skills are shown to be unmatched. Will be great to fly this beauty in space:)

since its utterly undergunned - maybe its possible to get an "agreement" so that its considered a "gunboat" ... meaning that freelancers and mercs could fly it ( really, its less effective than a real gunboat )

VIP yacht - Guest - 09-29-2008

I actually like this....It reminds me of something gunboatish heh heh, does not really look like a cruiser, then again there is no scale so we can compare. Maybe...chuck in a pic of a starflea somewhere next to the models so we can get a size idea.

I like the texture as well and its a good idea it has not enough cargo space for a cap armor.

Kudos, keep it up, needs more ships.

size is exactly the size of a kusari destroyer ( which is about the size of a larger gunboat ... leave the bretonian gunboat, which is larger:laugh:) -

VIP yacht - ryoken - 09-29-2008

I love it. It remind's me a little of a great white shark. Maybe call it "The Shark". Very good work mate.

VIP yacht - Linkus - 09-29-2008

I would suggest classifying it as a Freighter actually. Since it isn't really made for battle but for carrying it's very precious cargo.

VIP yacht - ferongr - 09-29-2008

So, if it's unable to defend itself to bombers (only one rear-firing turret) why would someone needing protection buy it (let's say a Hogosha boss or something)? The Luxury Liner seems like a more feasible choice, and it can even act as a mini-carrier with some retrofitting (converting space used for passengers to hangars).

Remember, it's nice creating models and putting them ingame, but they need to be somehow combat-worthy, or they will be unused. Even in real life, someone needing protection would not get a vessel with such huge blindspots. An armored transport fitted as a small yacht would be a better option. The dual-CM hardpoint makes no difference, since we have uber CDs.

On the model itself, even with the (I guess) placeholder textures it looks nice.